Thread: Butter or Oil strength

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks

Default Butter or Oil strength

Hi

I was just wondering does anyone know how to test the levels of THC in your butter or oil?

Like I want to try an make some edibles and be as accurate as I can with my dosage.

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DougFunny For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-07-19)

Thanks

Sorry I had another tab open and thought this was the cooking section

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DougFunny For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

It will depend what method of measure you want to use as it's an unregulated sector all methods will give you different answers ,also there will be 2 levels you'd need to find out Thc and THCA ,so in a nut shell you will struggle at home to get any definitive answer imho ,I'm assuming you have no idea about HPLC ( high performance liquid chromatography ) to start with you will want a white lab coat and around 25k to get started ...the easiest way to find out is to get eating the fucker lol
    Last edited by Sadface; 09-07-19 at 08:51 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-07-19), lipnobody (09-07-19), UpT0wn (30-10-19)

Thanks

HPLC is that the test strip colours? its just estimating that at best isnt it. I found something called tcheck for like £250 which is a compact UV spectrometer. I was just about to order it an then seen on the app store cos you use it through an app, it had more bad reviews than good

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DougFunny For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    It will depend what method of measure you want to use as it's an unregulated sector all methods will give you different answers ,also there will be 2 levels you'd need to find out Thc and THCA ,so in a nut shell you will struggle at home to get any definitive answer imho ,I'm assuming you have no idea about HPLC ( high performance liquid chromatography ) to start with you will want a white lab coat and around 25k to get started ...the easiest way to find out is to get eating the fucker lol
    Can you not do this manually if you know the right solvent and have a reference "dot" to compare with? With some coffee filter papers you could see how far the "dot" travels or compare darkness?

Way out of my area of expertise, but something I recall reading a while back. YMMV!
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-07-19)

Thanks

Is it necessary to spend so much money to make some edibles? I mean, it doesn't seem worth. Although, I haven't cooked with oils a lot. I have a couple of vials with ************** and maybe I should try some recipes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fabrizzio For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Easy way is to decarb your Keith first, then start taking 10mg and see if that is the stone you want, if not try 15mg next time until you get what ever kind stone you are looking for. Most people want go over 20mg, if from a High THC strain to start with. JMO Then you can add the amount of Keif into your cookies or brownies or what ever you are eating. I just like to cap mind up. Makes things just easer. I had these at 20mg once, but was putting everyone to sleep, so I cut back to 13mg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2035.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	376702  
    Last edited by GEORGE; 30-10-19 at 01:03 PM.