Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Learning

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,510 Times

Thanks everyone for the feedback and that I seem to have learnt more in the last few days been on here then I have in the last month or 2 studying

Will add some maybe on a Next water feed and I will remember less is more

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bigdaddy 101 For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (11-07-19), GEORGE (11-07-19), scoobywho (11-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Ok great, yeah so perhaps do both then, nice one scooby

Cheers RASTA, will def get some to try it out..I heard about it for a while now and it's only been positives.

BTW surprised we didn't wake you up again last night mate lol..you been too busy eyeing up your neighbours
    Haha...na man. Was fixing that kitchen floor yesterday. Was nackerd after the day a had.
    Decided not to call the housing about it. A just bought plywood. Then kinda chiseld out the sectiins that was all warped. Then nailed in new stuff. Managed to save ma vinyl too. So just need to wait on the dude coming to see the washing machine on tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (11-07-19), GEORGE (11-07-19), IceCalibur (11-07-19), scoobywho (11-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scoobywho View Post
    Done it mate I've got so many bottles of wrong nutrients it's so easy to jump in head first lol. Your doing the right thing gathering info bud.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Yeah that's what I seem to have done lol

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bigdaddy 101 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-19), IceCalibur (11-07-19), scoobywho (11-07-19)

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RASTA View Post
    Haha...na man. Was fixing that kitchen floor yesterday. Was nackerd after the day a had.
    Decided not to call the housing about it. A just bought plywood. Then kinda chiseld out the sectiins that was all warped. Then nailed in new stuff. Managed to save ma vinyl too. So just need to wait on the dude coming to see the washing machine on tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Good call on that mate, glad it's sorted for you, let's hope they can actually do their job this time hey!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

Quote Originally Posted by scoobywho View Post
    One more thing lads if you in soil get bio silicon by plant magic it works better with organics. The growth tech silicon more suited to hydro.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    When comparing silicon supplement, there are dozens of brands all selling their ware. All want you to think they have a super silicon, more effective than the next brands. Growth tech liquid silicon is £10 a litre, Advanced nutrients rhino skin is ,£30 a litre, emerald harvest sturdy stalk is £30 for 950ml. Over three times the price.
    They are all the same chemical ingredient. There is no fundamental difference between any of the products apart from the concentration, i.e how diluted the product is.
    Potassium silicate is the main ingredient in these products and when comparing these products, you want the strongest concentration for the least amount of money. They are all high pH, v alkaline when in the bottle. When in your nute solution, the lowering of the pH to acid levels, frees the silicon and potassium from their bond, making the si and potassium available.

More expensive supplements exist, the mono sicilic acid versions such as mills vitalize, Budda's tree solar green power and facilitator I think it's called. These have a different chemical formulation, are not highly alkaline but can also vary in concentration. They are very expensive though and studies have shown that the difference between these of regular potassium silicate supps is negligible at best.

Take my advice and don't bother with ANY of the usual brands on this supplement. They are all over priced and under strength. eBay POTSIL. It is a 35% potassium silicate supplement. Use 1ml per 5 litres, not 1ml L, or 3ml L like many of the other supps (rhino skin). Its the exact same product and works in organics, soils or hydro.

Prime
    When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (12-07-19), curiouscultivator (12-07-19), GEORGE (12-07-19), Mac (12-07-19), scoobywho (12-07-19)

Thanks

Oh yeah, potsil cost £6 off eBay for a 150 ml pouch. 1 ml per 5 litres gives a silicon content of around 50ppm, 48 iirc, which is ideal for cannabis plants

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-07-19), Mac (12-07-19)

Thanks

Hey bigdaddy, I've just noticed you said youre growing in b and q compost. That's the first recommendation I'd make right there. Try and get some better stuff if you can, biobizz, plagron, plant magic etc. The plants will thank you. The cheaper composts just aren't up to scratch for plants as special as ours. The rest of the products you shown us though are all quality. I've used both the dutch pro products before and I liked them.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (12-07-19), GEORGE (12-07-19), Mac (12-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    When comparing silicon supplement, there are dozens of brands all selling their ware. All want you to think they have a super silicon, more effective than the next brands. Growth tech liquid silicon is £10 a litre, Advanced nutrients rhino skin is ,£30 a litre, emerald harvest sturdy stalk is £30 for 950ml. Over three times the price.
    They are all the same chemical ingredient. There is no fundamental difference between any of the products apart from the concentration, i.e how diluted the product is.
    Potassium silicate is the main ingredient in these products and when comparing these products, you want the strongest concentration for the least amount of money. They are all high pH, v alkaline when in the bottle. When in your nute solution, the lowering of the pH to acid levels, frees the silicon and potassium from their bond, making the si and potassium available.

More expensive supplements exist, the mono sicilic acid versions such as mills vitalize, Budda's tree solar green power and facilitator I think it's called. These have a different chemical formulation, are not highly alkaline but can also vary in concentration. They are very expensive though and studies have shown that the difference between these of regular potassium silicate supps is negligible at best.

Take my advice and don't bother with ANY of the usual brands on this supplement. They are all over priced and under strength. eBay POTSIL. It is a 35% potassium silicate supplement. Use 1ml per 5 litres, not 1ml L, or 3ml L like many of the other supps (rhino skin). Its the exact same product and works in organics, soils or hydro.

Prime
    Cheers for the tip will have a look at that

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-07-19), prime (12-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Hey bigdaddy, I've just noticed you said youre growing in b and q compost. That's the first recommendation I'd make right there. Try and get some better stuff if you can, biobizz, plagron, plant magic etc. The plants will thank you. The cheaper composts just aren't up to scratch for plants as special as ours. The rest of the products you shown us though are all quality. I've used both the dutch pro products before and I liked them.
    Hey buddy yeah have use one bag and got another one but will not be using it. been recommended to try plant magic supreme Plus or something like that will be getting it next week and hopefully take some Clones and start a cycle if everything goes to plan.an thank you for the feedback just a quick question how did you find the Dutch Pro your the first person I have spoke to who has used them lol how to do find them any info would be wicked thanks again

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigdaddy 101 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-07-19)

Thanks

I used the Dutch pro back when I was running hydro, but I loved the take root enough to post on here about it, saying how good it was. My roots were a thick white mat, so I vouch for that. The explode was a good supplement, certainly no issues with it and I must have got good results at the time. I think I only stopped using Dutch pro because it wasn't regularly stocked at my local shop. Think I changed to advanced after the Dutch pro

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (12-07-19), GEORGE (14-07-19)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast