Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Soil

Thanks

Picked majority up at Wilkos. Garden Lime at Homebase.

Seeds went in to seedling/cutting compost only - no additional additives.

Potted up to 1 litre fabric pots using 50% seedling/cutting compost (almost all coming from previous pot) 50% all purpose compost - no additional additives.

Potted up to 3.8 litre fabric pots using all purpose compost / little garden lime. Mix in ratio of 80% / 20% perlite.

Potted up to 15 litre fabric pots. Final mix was all purpose compost / garden lime small tea cup full per 20 litres compost / few good pinches of blood, fish, bone per 20 litres / half a handful of chicken manure pellets in the bottom of each pot (after first inch or two of soil). Mixed in a ratio of 80% / 20% perlite.

Three weeks into flowering felt time was right to keep soil bacterium alive as until this point added only water. 1 ml FishMix / 1 ml BioBizz Bloom per 1 litre water given. Both reasonably priced on A*az*n, last for ages as you don't need much.

Budget grow, nothing too fancy. Had considered using Molasses but I'll save this for another time.
    Last edited by Poisonata; 24-07-19 at 04:22 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Poisonata For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (24-07-19), GEORGE (24-07-19), HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 (24-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy 101 View Post
    Would it be better to go 2 garden centres to get most of these or would I have to get it online thanks for your reply anyway

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk
    These can be found at garden stores and also at feed's stores. You might look for some of this as well while you out looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	374349  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    These can be found at garden stores and also at feed's stores. You might look for some of this as well while you out looking.
    Cant see the pictures hotshot but thanks anyway

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigdaddy 101 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonata View Post

Seeds went in to seedling/cutting compost only - no additional additives.

Potted up to 1 litre fabric pots using 50% seedling/cutting compost (almost all coming from previous pot) 50% all purpose compost - no additional additives.

Potted up to 3.8 litre fabric pots using all purpose compost / little garden lime. Mix in ratio of 80% / 20% perlite.

Potted up to 15 litre fabric pots. Final mix was all purpose compost / garden lime small tea cup full per 20 litres compost / few good pinches of blood, fish, bone per 20 litres / half a handful of chicken manure pellets in the bottom of each pot (after first inch or two of soil). Mixed in a ratio of 80% / 20% perlite.

Three weeks into flowering felt time was right to keep soil bacterium alive as until this point added only water. 1 ml FishMix / 1 ml BioBizz Bloom per 1 litre water given. Both reasonably priced on A*az*n, last for ages as you don't need much.

Budget grow, nothing too fancy. Had considered using Molasses but I'll save this for another time.
    Will definitely get hold of stuff for next time I think
    thank you so much

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigdaddy 101 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-19), Poisonata (25-07-19)

Thanks

I think that stuff you have is simler to this:

You just need some kind of Soil to go along with it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (12-02-20), jake420 (24-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

FYI Wilkos was stocking compressed bricks of coco coir for a while; this year they do them in non-compressed, fluffy format, for about £4 a small bag.

Perlite and Vermiculite are great additives to the soil to make it fluffier, both are widely available at garden centres.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (01-08-19), GEORGE (01-08-19), IceCalibur (01-08-19)

Thanks

Just found this today, don't know how long it has been out, but don't think long. I am going to give it A try, if I can find some.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (12-02-20), Cleargreen (15-08-19)

Thanks

Me and Greasy just got back from across town, and good luck rain upon us. So I will test this out next year in an raise Bed going to try and get a 50 50 mix of this and my home made soil. And thanks to MC we will be growing A Colombian Gold in a 5 sqft hole about 4' deep, should only take about 30cuft of soil to fill. So maybe A 35/65 mix.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (12-02-20), CityDweller (06-08-19), Cleargreen (15-08-19), ggotch (12-02-20), Gunner (31-07-20), IceCalibur (05-08-19), lipnobody (05-08-19), tlh2496 (15-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,984 Times

Whilst only on my first grow I've had real success with Westland Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost moving to Westland Gro-Sure All Purpose Compost. Not expensive / readily available anywhere All Purpose was 50 litres for £4. Especially liked the fact it was stored inside the shop, not outside, part ripped baking in the sun on a pallet. It was slightly too acidic so added a little Garden Lime as I'm using RO water (don't ask, I know ). If your using tap water dissolved salts should over time have the same effect. Chicken manure pellets and a little blood, fish and bone both very cheap. No fancy composts required and added no additional feed until 3rd week into flowering (eight weeks from seed). It worked for me
    I was just looking at Westland Herb Potting Mix (that's what it says on the bag, on the B&Q site it call it Fruit and Vegetable Compost) it was speaking to me.
    STICK YOUR SKINS AND SPIN UP

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cough For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (12-02-20), Cleargreen (12-02-20), GEORGE (12-02-20)

Thanks

Just want to see what people think of this stuff or if anyone has used it an had any decent results really do like the sound only water from start to finish but have read a couple of bad reviews so thought I'd ask you lot first lol

I do want to go the organic soil way just dont have enough space to leave it to sit for a month or two

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigdaddy 101 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-02-20), sourshoes (29-02-20)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast