Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EC Rising on flush

Thanks

Default EC Rising on flush

Morning Thc Talkers.

As the title says. I’m one week into flushing nft hydro and my EC has risen from 0.6 day one up to 1.5 day 7.

Is this normal? Thanks for reading the post.

Peace

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matrixdts For This Useful Post:

British green (17-07-19), GEORGE (17-07-19), ladymaryjane (17-07-19), Mac (17-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matrixdts View Post
    Morning Thc Talkers.

As the title says. I’m one week into flushing nft hydro and my EC has risen from 0.6 day one up to 1.5 day 7.

Is this normal? Thanks for reading the post.

Peace
    Hello there. 3 questions.

What is your ec from the tap? Are you ph'ing it? And lastly, are the fan leaves going yellow?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

British green (17-07-19), GEORGE (17-07-19), Mac (17-07-19), matrixdts (17-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladymaryjane View Post
    Hello there. 3 questions.

What is your ec from the tap? Are you ph'ing it? And lastly, are the fan leaves going yellow?
    Hi ladymaryjane, Thanks for the reply. EC from tap is 0.5 was under the impression not to ph adjust so no ph adjustment and yes very minimal yellowing after one week. Thanks again

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matrixdts For This Useful Post:

British green (17-07-19), GEORGE (17-07-19), Mac (17-07-19)

Thanks

Hi ladymaryjane, Thanks for the reply. EC from tap is 0.5 was under the impression not to ph adjust so no ph adjustment and yes very minimal yellowing after one week. Thanks again
    Right then mate. Just do the same thing again.

Refill your tank from the tap and just let her/them do her/their thing.

You may actually benefit from a half tank top up halfway through.

She/they are now getting rid of excess nutes so that yellowing should increase over the next week. How long are you flushing for, I'm guessing 2 weeks?

You are right not to ph it.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

British green (17-07-19), GEORGE (17-07-19), HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 (17-07-19), Mac (17-07-19), matrixdts (17-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

The only time not to ph is when you want them to drink nothing other than plain water.
    Empty the res and refill it with plain tap water and don't ph .
    Let in run round the system for a hour or two. This will help to wash away any nutes/salts that haven't been used. Then empty and refill again.
    With your water measuring 0.5 from the tap it's probably best not ph-ing it and then the plants will just drink the water leaving anything in ya water unavailable to the plants and as they drink the water they will leave everything else behind which in turn will push the ec up .
    Then just repeat the above process until you start loosing colour in ya plants which by then should have used the nutes up that they are storing themselves.

in a green and pleasant land

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-07-19), HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 (17-07-19), ladymaryjane (17-07-19), Mac (17-07-19), matrixdts (17-07-19), WF420 (17-07-19)

Thanks

[QUOTE=ladymaryjane;1070977984]Right then mate. Just do the same thing again.

She/they are now getting rid of excess nutes so that yellowing should increase over the next week. How long are you flushing for, I'm guessing 2 weeks?

Thanks for your reply. Yes today will be day 1 of week 2 I’m going to drain and fill with fresh water today and leave them another week. Would the EC rise be due to the plant pushing the existing nutrients back into plain water or is that just nonsense? Thanks again

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matrixdts For This Useful Post:

British green (17-07-19), GEORGE (17-07-19), ladymaryjane (17-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    The only time not to ph is when you want them to drink nothing other than plain water.
    Empty the res and refill it with plain tap water and don't ph .
    Let in run round the system for a hour or two. This will help to wash away any nutes/salts that haven't been used. Then empty and refill again.
    With your water measuring 0.5 from the tap it's probably best not ph-ing it and then the plants will just drink the water leaving anything in ya water unavailable to the plants and as they drink the water they will leave everything else behind which in turn will push the ec up .
    Then just repeat the above process until you start loosing colour in ya plants which by then should have used the nutes up that they are storing themselves.

Thanks brother great info. First grow so still learning amazing forum we have here all my knowledge has come from this place. You lot rock.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to matrixdts For This Useful Post:

British green (17-07-19), GEORGE (17-07-19), HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 (17-07-19), ladymaryjane (17-07-19), Mac (17-07-19)

Thanks

[QUOTE=matrixdts;1070977991]
    Quote Originally Posted by ladymaryjane View Post
    Right then mate. Just do the same thing again.

Thanks for your reply. Yes today will be day 1 of week 2 I’m going to drain and fill with fresh water today and leave them another week. Would the EC rise be due to the plant pushing the existing nutrients back into plain water or is that just nonsense? Thanks again

Hello mate, British Green explained it much better than I did. I'm more of a coco guy really, although I do know a bit about hydro too.

It's more a case of the plant does not take anything at all from the water, so as the water level falls, what is left behind get's more "concentrated" hence the rise.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

British green (17-07-19), GEORGE (17-07-19), Mac (17-07-19), matrixdts (17-07-19)

Thanks

[QUOTE=ladymaryjane;1070977996]

Hello mate, British Green explained it much better than I did. I'm more of a coco guy really, although I do know a bit about hydro too.

It's more a case of the plant does not take anything at all from the water, so as the water level falls, what is left behind get's more "concentrated" hence the rise.
    That explains it perfectly. Thanks for taking the time to answer. Exciting times ahead

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matrixdts For This Useful Post:

British green (17-07-19), GEORGE (17-07-19), ladymaryjane (17-07-19), Mac (17-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

[QUOTE=ladymaryjane;1070977996]

Ya still spot on with advice lady

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-07-19), ladymaryjane (17-07-19), Mac (17-07-19), matrixdts (17-07-19), weedjunkie420 (17-07-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast