Thread: Effects of Storage Over Time?

Thanks

Default Effects of Storage Over Time?

I've noticed myself that if somethings been left in the jar a good 6 months it actually makes it more of a stoney smoke. Just read on another thread that they thought that the longer something is cured the more sedating it gets.

Now I don't want this, I like a trippy or uplifting energetic high. Is there anyway around this happening, can I cure them a short while or freeze or even harvest a little earlier?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (19-07-19), GEORGE (19-07-19), Mac (19-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

more grows less plants in each grow, time it to your preferance

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I smoke once a week and have I an insatiable desire to try new strains so that's not gonna work. Just a lot of leccy there. Although I suppose if I swited to leds and just grew a couple it might work.

There surely must be some way of overcoming this :/

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was thinking along the lines of freezing, either fresh or after cure. I've read differing opinions on doing this often in contrast, some saying it's fine others sating essential oils will be damaged or trichomes froze off.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (19-07-19), GEORGE (19-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnya View Post
    I was thinking along the lines of freezing, either fresh or after cure. I've read differing opinions on doing this often in contrast, some saying it's fine others sating essential oils will be damaged or trichomes froze off.
    I believe your best bet would be to use one of those seal proff plastic bags, after A good cure and drying time. Then just keep, in the Freg, no freezing necessary. JMO

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (19-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I believe your best bet would be to use one of those seal proff plastic bags, after A good cure and drying time. Then just keep, in the Freg, no freezing necessary. JMO
    Oh what's that, where can I pick one up in the UK?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (19-07-19), GEORGE (19-07-19)

Thanks

Talking

Oh what's that, where can I pick one up in the UK?
    What ever store you have similer to Wallmart, Sears, Homedepo are anything like that should have them. You must have A small appliance that you put the bag in, and it sucks out all the air and sil's the bag.

Thanks

Didn't know we did buy a quick search of amazon proves we do! Now if I could just find some opaque bags! Does making it air tight halt the degradation of THC into CBN?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-07-19)

Thanks

Didn't know we did buy a quick search of amazon proves we do! Now if I could just find some opaque bags! Does making it air tight halt the degradation of THC into CBN?
    There is no THC in Marijuana, Just THCa, it doesn't turn into THC until you light it on fire, or degrade it in the oven. I forget about fleabay, you can probable get that from there. The bags usually come with the appliance when you buy it, and you can always buy some extra or some later.

Thanks

I think that the ratio of THC/CBD changes slightly as the plant ages, similar to how the ratio changes in the Trichomes as they turn different shades of clear/cloudy/amber. Or at least are supposed to according to Urban Canna-legend. It is a slow oxidation that is responsible for most things, and two things can help with that... cooler temps = less reactions to ambient O2. I personally don't like freezing as I feel it degrades things, but that is just my opinion. The 2nd way is to remove the O2. One way to do that is to seal it in a jar or other airtight container and put a instant handwarmer into the container before sealing it up. The reaction of the handwarmer will use the O2 in the jar and replace it with CO2. The reaction is simply rusting iron with added ingredients to make it react much faster. Once the O2 is all used up, the reaction stops until more O2 is added, or if it is VERY dry, more moisture is added.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimster For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-08-19)