Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: Newbie is this pollen sack or seed on my female??

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 124 Times in 48 Posts

    Default Newbie is this pollen sack or seed on my female??

    help pollen or seed??? Or swolen calyx... I've no clue as I'm new to this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190719_221342.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	374228   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190719_221350.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	374229  

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bennett720 For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (19-07-19)

  3. Default

    Oh no, sorry to say this looks like a hermie

    Hermie (hermaphrodite) being a plant that exhibits both female and male 'flowers'.
    Last edited by IceCalibur; 19-07-19 at 11:27 PM.

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), Kurdt (20-07-19), ladymaryjane (19-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (19-07-19)

  5. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 124 Times in 48 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Oh no, sorry to say this looks like a hermie
    That's litteraly the only 1 on the whole plant anything i can do

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bennett720 For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), Kurdt (20-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (19-07-19)

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett720 View Post
    That's litteraly the only 1 on the whole plant anything i can do
    Well you can stay vigilante throughout the entire grow picking them off when you see them, hopefully, it will only be the one!

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (19-07-19)

  9. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 124 Times in 48 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Well you can stay vigilante throughout the entire grow picking them off when you see them, hopefully, it will only be the one!
    Thanks mate, will picking them of cause any harm?

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bennett720 For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), IceCalibur (19-07-19), Kurdt (20-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (19-07-19)

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett720 View Post
    Thanks mate, will picking them of cause any harm?
    Not at all, pick them off without any worries and you're welcome

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (19-07-19)

  13. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 124 Times in 48 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Not at all, pick them off without any worries and you're welcome
    Excellent shall I give it another few days to make sure or you 100% sure mate

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bennett720 For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (19-07-19)

  15. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett720 View Post
    Excellent shall I give it another few days to make sure or you 100% sure mate
    Well it's always wise to wait for other members opinions too, so see what others say and there is nothing wrong at all in waiting (I'm personally 100% sure), but nothing to say I can't be wrong.

    Wait a bit more and see what others think too

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), Kurdt (20-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (19-07-19)

  17. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 124 Times in 48 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Well it's always wise to wait for other members opinions too, so see what others say and there is nothing wrong at all in waiting (I'm personally 100% sure), but nothing to say I can't be wrong.

    Wait a bit more and see what others think too
    Will do if it is would it harm it more leaving it longer also picking them of does it decrease the chance of seedy buds

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bennett720 For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (19-07-19)

  19. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett720 View Post
    Will do if it is would it harm it more leaving it longer also picking them of does it decrease the chance of seedy buds
    Well if that sack opens then it will spread pollen onto the pistils causing them to produce seeds instead of what we all want most times which is good old weed!

    However, I think you have a little time here.

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (19-07-19)

  21. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 124 Times in 48 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Well if that sack opens then it will spread pollen onto the pistils causing them to produce seeds instead of what we all want most times which is good old weed!

    However, I think you have a little time here.
    I'll wait till morning and see what it's like I will probably take it of to be sure its only on a tiny side branch that's only 1 on the whole plant

  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bennett720 For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), IceCalibur (19-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (19-07-19)

  23. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    loitering in the infirmary
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    445
    Thanked 752 Times in 262 Posts

    Default

    Hello mate, Ice is bang on, that is a male pollen sac, so the plant has hermie tendencies. Keep a very close eye out for more appearing, particularly among the calyxes.

    Also, bear in mind, if you do get any seeds, they will be no good for planting, as they will inherit the hermie trait.

    Should add that the primary cause is light penetration during the dark phase, or some kind of stress. Or bad genetics.
    Last edited by ladymaryjane; 19-07-19 at 11:54 PM.

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), lipnobody (21-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (19-07-19)

  25. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,673
    Thanks
    14,193
    Thanked 23,340 Times in 6,751 Posts

    Default

    100% a hermie bennett.
    How many plants you got again? If you can afford to get rid of this....ad do it.
    It could prove a right mission plucking all pollen sacks off. A know you say its only one, but more will come no doubt. And you will need to be on it like a hawk. As all it takes is one missed to give you seeded bud in the end.

    If your gonna keep it....go over it with a fine tooth comb. Check EVERY node.

    Atb

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), IceCalibur (19-07-19), Kurdt (20-07-19), ladymaryjane (19-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19)

  27. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    loitering in the infirmary
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    445
    Thanked 752 Times in 262 Posts

    Default

    I'm with Rasta on this one mate. If you can afford to lose it, lose it immediately.

    If not then check those nodes on a regular basis like a hawk with binoculars!!!

    As Rasta said mate, there is never just one.

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (20-07-19)

  29. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RASTA View Post
    100% a hermie bennett.
    How many plants you got again? If you can afford to get rid of this....ad do it.
    It could prove a right mission plucking all pollen sacks off. A know you say its only one, but more will come no doubt. And you will need to be on it like a hawk. As all it takes is one missed to give you seeded bud in the end.

    If your gonna keep it....go over it with a fine tooth comb. Check EVERY node.

    Atb

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    He's only got the 1 RASTA

    Why I advised to see how it goes.

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (20-07-19)

  31. Default

    You could start another seed off though! whilst you wait

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (20-07-19)

  33. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 124 Times in 48 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    You could start another seed off though! whilst you wait
    I've just got it out as light goes of early in morning, I've rubbed my finger over it and it's kind of fallen out its like it was growing out of a calyx rubbed finger over and the balls dropped out I squeezed it just pure green no sign of seed or anything in it?

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bennett720 For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (20-07-19)

  35. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,673
    Thanks
    14,193
    Thanked 23,340 Times in 6,751 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett720 View Post
    I've just got it out as light goes of early in morning, I've rubbed my finger over it and it's kind of fallen out its like it was growing out of a calyx rubbed finger over and the balls dropped out I squeezed it just pure green no sign of seed or anything in it?
    It dont have seeds in them m8. Once they open up the show nanas. Its the pollen that goes onto the female bits and cteates seeds.


    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), IceCalibur (20-07-19), Kurdt (20-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19)

  37. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 124 Times in 48 Posts

    Default 1st pic 2hr ago 2nd pic 1hr ago after tieing it all back

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett720 View Post
    I've just got it out as light goes of early in morning, I've rubbed my finger over it and it's kind of fallen out its like it was growing out of a calyx rubbed finger over and the balls dropped out I squeezed it just pure green no sign of seed or anything in it?
    1st pic 2 hour ago second pic 1 hr ago after tieing back
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190719_221453.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	374230   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190720_010409.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	374231  

  38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bennett720 For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19)

  39. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 124 Times in 48 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RASTA View Post
    It dont have seeds in them m8. Once they open up the show nanas. Its the pollen that goes onto the female bits and cteates seeds.


    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    If I keep upto taking them of will I more than likely have no issues

  40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bennett720 For This Useful Post:

    curiouscultivator (20-07-19), hotshot (20-07-19), Kurdt (20-07-19), Maccajuana (20-07-19), RASTA (20-07-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Bonza Seeds - Over 2000 Strains!     |     bongs - herbtools     |     25% off Cannabis Seeds at Dr Chronic     |     buy a bong from Herb Tools     |     GYO Seedbank     |     www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK