Thread: New growth late flower

Thanks

Default New growth late flower

Hey all been away for a long time but I'm on my second grow, photo White Widow, led lights 10 weeks into flower and she's sprouting weird tower shapes on the tops of all the buds with new white pistils, what's going on? I'm happy with the grow otherwise, she's sticky moist and plumping nicely. I think she's got maybe 2 weeks left? Trichs are cloudy/clear, groom is warmer than I'd like, around 24c, rh is good 45-50

Thanks for any help fellow talkers

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to insushin For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (20-07-19), GEORGE (20-07-19), Kurdt (20-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

looks like she's 'foxtailing.' They can do this for different reasons, sometimes its heat/light stress,sometimes its because she's gone over a little on time, sometimes it's just the pheno type. With regards to temp, 24 is not hot so all good there. Just keep watching them trichs and she'll tell you when she's ready, best of luck!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (20-07-19), GEORGE (20-07-19), IceCalibur (20-07-19), insushin (20-07-19)

Thanks

Thanks, it might be heat stress because some of the leaves are curling slightly inwards and some subtle yellow tips, can I harvest as usual with this new growth? Does it affect the plant in way?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to insushin For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (20-07-19), GEORGE (20-07-19), Kurdt (20-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Quote Originally Posted by insushin View Post
    Thanks, it might be heat stress because some of the leaves are curling slightly inwards and some subtle yellow tips, can I harvest as usual with this new growth? Does it affect the plant in way?
    Think the jury is still out when it comes to foxtailing.Some say it effects the quality of the THC, others say it's a good thing. TBH, ive never noticed any difference when a few of my plants have foxtailed. As you mentioned the slight curling leaves plus the foxtailing, how close is your light to the plant? Maybe you need to take it up a bit?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-07-19), insushin (20-07-19)

Thanks

I have the light quite high already, maybe 28" and I've lowered the light intensity as well around 70% because my first grow was super dry and crunchy I assume because of the light, this second grow is nice low profile, I'll just proceed as normal and harvest in 2 or so weeks I'm so looking forward to moist tasty bud!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to insushin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-07-19), Kurdt (20-07-19)