Thread: Spider mites

Thanks

Default Spider mites

I have a 2.4 x 1. 2.metre tent and all my plants had spider mites it's been 2weeks nearly since I took it all away.....

I have wiped down all wires ect
    And went local shop and naught this thing to kill. Mites 10ml to 10 ltrs water I also braught a 10ltr press washer

I've hooverd the tent used fairy liqwid allover and blasted the whole tent with that pressure washer.... I bow have new girls in now do you think these twats have gone now

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mullski For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (22-07-19), curiouscultivator (23-07-19), GEORGE (25-07-19), kbag (23-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Only ever had them once on my first ever grow too, they came with cuttings I had got from a mate...After the grow was down I sprayed the whole room and all the equipment 200ml bleach per litre water then a proper good rinse and i've not seen any since then...Sounds like you have done a good job on the deep clean so fingers crossed your room and equipment should be mite free now...

Regards BL

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (23-07-19), GEORGE (25-07-19), IceCalibur (22-07-19), mullski (22-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Only ever had them once on my first ever grow too, they came with cuttings I had got from a mate...After the grow was down I sprayed the whole room and all the equipment 200ml bleach per litre water then a proper good rinse and i've not seen any since then...Sounds like you have done a good job on the deep clean so fingers crossed your room and equipment should be mite free now...

Regards BL
    I've got some girls just gone in dya rekon I ad black to my 10ltr pressure washer it's got the stuff in for mites already and then blast every were again

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mullski For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (23-07-19), GEORGE (25-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

Not every body's cup of tea but I run with hot shot no pest strips until flower ...100% issue free ,the thrips I had 2 years ago were the first and last issue I've ever had

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (23-07-19), GEORGE (25-07-19), HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 (23-07-19), IceCalibur (22-07-19)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    Not every body's cup of tea but I run with hot shot no pest strips until flower ...100% issue free ,the thrips I had 2 years ago were the first and last issue I've ever had
    Why are the hot shot no pest strips frowned on Sad?..I mean the chemicals aren't being sprayed onto the plants so I can't see why it would be a bad thing unless they have a horrible scent that could be absorbed by the plants or something?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (23-07-19), GEORGE (25-07-19), Sadface (22-07-19)

Thanks

Google hotshot no pest strips ,USA product ,not so user friendly to a degree but if it crawls, flys ,or anywhere in between it's toast ...mate a spider mite will not come within 100 yrds of a hotshot strip...but read before purchase ..however also if knowledgeable look up human half life exposure to its contents ...not as bad as a nucular fall out by a long chalk ...lots will say different things in these product ice mainly bad ,I haven't frothed at the mouth yet using em ..never had a infest either ...pays your money takes your chance s...a bit like folk who grow using ROX and claim they don't ,if I did I would

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (23-07-19), GEORGE (25-07-19), HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 (23-07-19), IceCalibur (23-07-19)

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    Google hotshot no pest strips ,USA product ,not so user friendly to a degree but if it crawls, flys ,or anywhere in between it's toast ...mate a spider mite will not come within 100 yrds of a hotshot strip...but read before purchase ..however also if knowledgeable look up human half life exposure to its contents ...not as bad as a nucular fall out by a long chalk ...lots will say different things in these product ice mainly bad ,I haven't frothed at the mouth yet using em ..never had a infest either ...pays your money takes your chance s...a bit like folk who grow using ROX and claim they don't ,if I did I would
    Hmm ok so more to it that meets the eye then.

I'm having some VERY good results with predator mites/insects right now Sad..I know probably not down your alley but seems to be working much better than I expected!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (23-07-19), GEORGE (25-07-19), HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 (23-07-19)

Thanks

Handle with care lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (23-07-19), GEORGE (25-07-19), IceCalibur (23-07-19)

Thanks

Read up well before making the choice ,also eating processed meat ie. bacon and sausages raises levels of cancer so I'm told ...spider mites on your groom ...as they say move house ..or buy a hotshot ..I'm not organic or arsed ...spider mites in my entire grow history ain't happened ..7 years ish ...they kill fucking everything that walks or crawls..I take em out when I flip plants ...as I've said before folk shit there pants with the contents until you look into the half life of it ....I wouldn't grow with out em...now that controversial

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (23-07-19), GEORGE (25-07-19), HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 (23-07-19), IceCalibur (23-07-19)