Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ready to trim?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    Borrowed this from elsewhere.... ''Cannabis is classed as a C3 plant, meaning it can absorb CO? during periods of light for photosynthesis. This theoretically eliminates the need for darkness, as they do not need periods of dark to photosynthesis, unlike C4 plants. Autoflowering plants have also evolved in the northern areas of the world where they receive near to 24-hours of light as standard during the seasons of growth. As such, it is safe to say that autoflowering cannabis can thrive under 24-hours of lighting.''

This debate has already been had and I'll stick to what I said, no need for 24/0 and 12/12 is just fine.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...method-and-why
    Last edited by M_C; 28-07-19 at 02:13 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IanBeal For This Useful Post:

G' (28-07-19), GEORGE (28-07-19), Kurdt (28-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Have you ever seen anything grown, in the Alaska Summer? When the light is 23.5 hours A day. Things get huge up there. lol
    Polytunnel + light deprivation.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IanBeal For This Useful Post:

G' (28-07-19), GEORGE (28-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Not wanting an argument over it but everywhere Ive read about autos is more light the better. Not saying they wont grow under a 12/12 schedule, its just not optimal.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

AND (28-07-19), G' (28-07-19), GEORGE (28-07-19), IceCalibur (28-07-19)

Thanks

Not wanting an argument over it but everywhere Ive read about autos is more light the better. Not saying they wont grow under a 12/12 schedule, its just not optimal.
    That's fine mate, I prefer to stick to the science of it because some people will write any old shite and call it "optimal".

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IanBeal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IanBeal View Post
    That's fine mate, I prefer to stick to the science of it because some people will write any old shite and call it "optimal".
    lmao...wow

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

AND (28-07-19), G' (28-07-19), GEORGE (28-07-19), IceCalibur (28-07-19)

11. Default

Link removed

This debate has already been had and I'll stick to what I said, no need for 24/0 and 12/12 is just fine.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...method-and-why
    Firstly the forum doesn't allow external links for your future reference.

Secondly, everyone in this thread has been polite, there is no need to start insulting others who may not share the same view as you.

This forum is all about positivity and sharing information with like-minded people + whack in some banter too..it's a friendly place with friendly members, really no need to imply anyone is 'writing any old shite' just because you have a differing opinion.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

AND (28-07-19), British green (28-07-19), G' (28-07-19), GEORGE (28-07-19), Jumper114 (28-07-19), Kurdt (28-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Your science is flawed mate, many people do not realise that cannabis is a C3 plant. C3 plants do not need a dark period therefore the Circadian rhythm doesn't apply in the same sense....

I'm not going to argue that you can flower autos on a 12/12 cycle as you can.... just saying it isn't the best light cycle available

Without wishing to blow my own trumpet, I have, for many years, looked at the life cycle of auto plants & have had great success in growing them too by applying the things I have learned. Loki & myself made sure that we were the first forum advocating topping autos, as long as it was in the correct place - other forums, at the time, were saying it would reduce the yield.... now they copy us...

Trust me. I do not write any old shite & call it 'optimal'!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

AND (28-07-19), British green (28-07-19), G' (28-07-19), GEORGE (28-07-19), IceCalibur (28-07-19), Jumper114 (28-07-19), Kurdt (28-07-19)

Thanks

lmao...wow
    That wasn't aimed at you personally, don't take it so.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Firstly the forum doesn't allow external links for your future reference.

Secondly, everyone in this thread has been polite, there is no need to start insulting others who may not share the same view as you.

This forum is all about positivity and sharing information with like-minded people + whack in some banter too..it's a friendly place with friendly members, really no need to imply anyone is 'writing any old shite' just because you have a differing opinion.

It wasn't implied toward Kurdt, don't see why you've taken offence on his behalf?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IanBeal For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Your science is flawed mate, many people do not realise that cannabis is a C3 plant. C3 plants do not need a dark period therefore the Circadian rhythm doesn't apply in the same sense....

Trust me. I do not write any old shite & call it 'optimal'!
    It isn't my science either, "mate".

I didn't say you did. Off your high horse buddy.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IanBeal For This Useful Post:

19. Default

That wasn't aimed at you personally, don't take it so.

It wasn't implied toward Kurdt, don't see why you've taken offence on his behalf?
    I'm not going to argue with you IanBeal so expect no other replies from me in this thread, but it's quite obvious you were having a crack at a few of us here, if you wish to retract that, then fair play, but telling a highly respect staff member to 'get off his high horse' when he's simply sharing an opinion isn't the best way to go around this community, I'll tell you that now.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

British green (28-07-19), G' (28-07-19), GEORGE (28-07-19), Kurdt (28-07-19)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast