Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: any ideas

Thanks

Right well I just checked on them again and the ph had gone down to 5.3 so ive just wacked some cold tap water in as the temps had risen a fair bit to so now there sittin at 6.1. 6.0 but thats a massive drop over night isn't it

which ive read can be root issues …...anyone ….anyone ….lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

Try swapping to the canna aqua flores it is recommended to do this if the ph drops to low over 12 hours.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-08-19), hoodwinked (25-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kbag View Post
    Try swapping to the canna aqua flores it is recommended to do this if the ph drops to low over 12 hours.
    What the flowering nutrients ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-08-19)

Thanks

right so I think its root rot set in or whatever pythium like...
    but they are greenin up again after almost going white so ...yes there ill but is it root rot ?..

either way I went ahead an flushed them out the best I could by first doin a bucket of water with some hydrogen peroxcide in poured it over the cubes with a jug a few dozen times aswell as running it through the pump over the roots etc ….then ive took them outside an rinsed them off with the hose pipe for a while drained it off then done some phd water at around 58 and poured it over them till its all gone ...best thing I could think of really to flush them out ...but either way thats what ive done ...fastened them back up with tape for now an jut wondering weather let them dry out abit or ...turn the pump on again and add ??..flower nutrients ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    For future reference, mate

----------------------------------------------------
    RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) https://bit.ly/2VjQGYy
    I keep nippin back to this for a read but ...whats this acid rain effect an note 1 lol ??

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-08-19), WhIpLaSh (27-08-19)

Thanks

Right well things seem ...okish ...plants havnt changed in looks but the water ph hasn't gone down any its gone up a touch which im abit happier about it went from 5-8 to 6.2 ….not exactly eating much though...if anything atall or drinkin tbh water levels not gone down hardly ...but its not gone down In ph ...so goin do a res change an see what happens ….might just go with plain water phd to around 57.58 for a day.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Hello hoodwinked, i feel your frustrations. So,,,, firstly what are the ph and ec/ppm of tap water before ading anything to it (after its been resting for 6 hours say) 500ppm is around 1.0 ec which isnt too bad, but!!!! if you have a back ground tap water ppm of around 350-400ppm then you are basically hugely under feeding the plants. so its important to know what your starting ppm is of the water before adding nutes. If you have kept the res at around 18c and no light leaks then find it hard to be pythium. You will know if they roots are rotting they will be brown and slimy and no real white shoots and it will smell bad.

Fugure out your back ground PPM and PH and then adjust feed strength for it.

Ideally you want to be putting your feeds in roughly the same ph and ppm and allow the root zones to buffer the ph up / down. (this is what is meant by allowing a drift in ph. The ppm will go down in a feeding plant.

So what you need to do from then on when you know the back ground ppm is aim for this- ph rising from what it went in at along with ppm dropping. Or ph static and ppm dropping. If you find the ph dropping and ppm rising you have a over fed plant releasing ferts it cannot use back into the nute mix..understand.... ph rising - ppm dropping = good ph static and ppm dropping = good. ph dropping and ppm rising = not good and action required ie a flush of the rootzones with half strength feed
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-08-19), hoodwinked (29-08-19), IceCalibur (27-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hoodwinked View Post
    I keep nippin back to this for a read but ...whats this acid rain effect an note 1 lol ??
    Have a read here

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d-how-to-react

and here

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...-effect-in-DWC
    Last edited by WhIpLaSh; 27-08-19 at 08:31 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-08-19), hoodwinked (29-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Hello hoodwinked, i feel your frustrations. So,,,, firstly what are the ph and ec/ppm of tap water before ading anything to it (after its been resting for 6 hours say) 500ppm is around 1.0 ec which isnt too bad, but!!!! if you have a back ground tap water ppm of around 350-400ppm then you are basically hugely under feeding the plants. so its important to know what your starting ppm is of the water before adding nutes. If you have kept the res at around 18c and no light leaks then find it hard to be pythium. You will know if they roots are rotting they will be brown and slimy and no real white shoots and it will smell bad.

Ideally you want to be putting your feeds in roughly the same ph and ppm and allow the root zones to buffer the ph up / down. (this is what is meant by allowing a drift in ph. The ppm will go down in a feeding plant.

So what you need to do from then on when you know the back ground ppm is aim for this- ph rising from what it went in at along with ppm dropping. Or ph static and ppm dropping. If you find the ph dropping and ppm rising you have a over fed plant releasing ferts it cannot use back into the nute mix..understand.... ph rising - ppm dropping = good ph static and ppm dropping = good. ph dropping and ppm rising = not good and action required ie a flush of the rootzones with half strength feed
    Had a few blue screen issues with me laptop and finally got it sorted so I can get back on here …..right things arnt dead just yet lol

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-08-19), SmobyToker#1 (02-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post

Hiya and thanks glad you understand the stress Smoby ...its just constant confusion really with these buggers on minute there lookin like there lacking in somethin then the next they look like ive over done something but i cant see where tbh
    its like the other day they were almost white from lack of somethin or other then they started to green up i didnt like over feed them from what i remember ive kept the feeds all under 500ppms really yet now there showin signs of ..??..where the leaves start to claw and look tubular ..to much nitrogen or something there really drivin me mental atm
    how im doin me water ...
    so ive been doing me water from the tap its comming out at roughly 268ppms its pretty hard ...at 6.7 -7 ph ...ive been lettin it stand over night ...then addin some nutrients to get it roughly around the 500ppms mark ..if its gone over slightly ive added a touch more water ..ive been setting my ph at around 56.57 an its been drifting ..well not drifting rapidly going up to around 6 within a few hrs really ...then ive been puttin it back down again with a little drop or two of ph down and putting it into me tubs ...normally after its been runnin a bit im havin to adjust it down again ....but there still lookin proper ill ...givin me a headache now they are ....
    here is what its been at like

before anything added been standing over night
    6.7 ph 268 ppms
    then added
    tub 1
    10 ml a 10 ml b added 5 ml rhizotonic
    ph down to 57.58
    ppms are at 636 ppms in 10 liters of water.
    tub 2
    5 ml a 5 ml b 3 ml rhizotonic
    ph down to 57.58
    ppms are at 484 in 10 liters of water

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-08-19), SmobyToker#1 (02-09-19)

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast