Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: any ideas

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Been reccomended buy some very experienced growers here, so should do..trouble is I understand you're thinking your plant problems are all down to this mite because of what you've seen on somebody's youtube channel, but we could all determine that every time we see our plants have issues, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying 100% that's not your issues, however if I was you, I'd have to actually see that mite on my plants with a microscope to know that's what's causing the issues.

The guy in that video is just sharing his experience, and many people will confuse plants issues with a potential mite problem that doesn't exist if you see what I mean?

You can spray them if you wish to be on the safe side, but just be aware that there is a possibility it might not solve the issues you've been facing if it turns out not to be caused by this mite
    Yes thanks mate I will go and get one just to deal with whatever is on them ...I know ive seen some of those 2 dot spider mites and eggs on the leaves ..bottom ones anyway so they need something but im goin to have a proper look for some of those other buggers as ive been havin the same issues over an over with my plants and ive tried most things ppl such as yourself have mentioned and it still kept going ...I think ive a grip on whatever that issue was as most things don't look to bad but ….its normally around this stage lately I start seeing issues ...but im in coco to this time so its all new to me ice lol....I will stick some photos up in a bit once im settled n that ...an once ice had a good look ...just hope if it was them they went up the hoover pipe as I hoovered the shit out of them ...stems an leaves up the pipe the other day so im thinkin most things went outside in the bin bag...was a rough approach but it must of helped lol

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-09-19), IceCalibur (27-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (27-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Hey Hoodwimked, man youve had it tough eh! So you reckon spider mites n eggs and possibly russet mites too?

Little fuckers man....

Right ok if this is the case then you will need something for the leaves, like the bug spray mentioned and something for the top layers of coco and roots area, tanlin is what i use to kill any nasties around roots and i used neem oil on the leaves, but had to do it 3 times and still i had mites, so maybe best thing is go to your grow shop and buy a fogger and set your tent up and all the kit inside and let it off, but not with kids in the house ok mate, make sure you remove all you can from the plants also......infact try and get the fogger bombs that you can leave your plants in with.

The last few runs of mine have not been as good and this was down to mites and thrips. I bombed the house lol i like saying that and sealed all cracks and holes to the groom. so far so good, but im ready waiting with my sprayer ffs.....Glad to hear you got the coco, now you do have ec and ph meters yeah?

And another little tip - leave whatever you put outside out there now, do not cross contaminate any kit, plants, coco , nothing ok lad....I suspect you are picking them up from your garden, so you may wanna get several bottles of bug killer and go to town outsde, find any plants outsidfe that look to be harbouring them, ie vines wieteria etc/
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-09-19)

Thanks

Although we are now at that time of year when they start looking for some where warm and cosy like in our homes or around our windows....

Just remembnered the tent, yeah probs why they sold it mate cos it kept fukin their grow....buy cheap buy......??? twice?

Iread somewhere spider mites can live upoto 2 years with no food or anything, so maybe the bomb is a good idea mate.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Ok as I was typing that out I see you made another post saying you've actually seen them, try to identify them...they could also be thrips as they look similar to the ones in that guys video ;

Hiya again ice ...been a few wks now I think ive got a hold of thngs ….what I thought were terrible mites ….turned out to be something called spring tails ..but there not in me coco yet there just in me aquafarm somehow surviving in the little bit of peat around the root ball im guessin as the plants basically sittin in clay pebbles but its doin fine ...been trying to get rid of them for ages but then after a little research turns out there pretty harmless just annoying ….they look like a kind of tiny ant like thing when ya look up close antennas n that ..nowt like those thank god lol

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (22-10-19), GEORGE (22-10-19), IceCalibur (22-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Although we are now at that time of year when they start looking for some where warm and cosy like in our homes or around our windows....

Just remembnered the tent, yeah probs why they sold it mate cos it kept fukin their grow....buy cheap buy......??? twice?

Iread somewhere spider mites can live upoto 2 years with no food or anything, so maybe the bomb is a good idea mate.
    Right so its been a few wks now I keep meanin to come on do an update but just been that tired lately and then had no net for a wk due to some kids vandalisin the box at the end of the road its been terrible not been able get on watch any films or anything lol
    but alls fine now ...anyhow I took your advice guys an got a fogger ...2 actually ..no 3 ..what I did was got one bombed the tent an all the plants in it ...then realised I needed to bomb litrally everythin so I got a couple more ...put me other tent up an filled it with everythin me bottles of nutrients equipment the lot all in one tent then me plants in the other ….then I had one in me actualy room the tents were in ..lite the buggers duck tapes me door up an left it for a good 4.5 hrs ...should of been longer but I couldn't so I went in dust mask n that opened all widows doors an vented the place got everythin cleaned up with bleach an tidied everything up like
    what I did prior to the bombing was took the plants one by one into the bathroom an sat there n litrally dusted all the leaves one by one with a paint brush to try an get rid of the eggs ...took fuckin hrs I was well stressed after ...then I used a bug spray on them from wilkinsons was only a pound I couldn't actually find the red bug one ice / smoby but it was similar just a rose n ...ang on
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20191022_17_19_30_Pro.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	376457
    that was it still got loads like but it did work I tested it on a leaf that had a few spider mites on ….stopped them in there tracks an I checked a few hrs later once it had evaporated an that and they were dead no getting up once they dried out or anything like seems to happen with water ..but it did a pretty good job ...oh wow its been ages really as the plants were maybe in there first wk or flower when I did the spray n stuff an there half way done now ..time flies eh ….but anyway the spray worked fine for a quid an then I thought id bomb the shit out of them aswell to try an get rid of the little !!!!!!ers ….still got the odd one appearing an the odd egg but im keep inspectin them to see if I should give them a spray before I turn them but im not really seein anything worth attackin if ya get me ...I wil go back to the grow diary if its still there an try finish it off guys will upload some pics from past ..what 5 wks :O lol

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-10-19), SmobyToker#1 (23-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoodwinked View Post
    I cant really see anything flying about or crawling around on anything ..theres a few on me sticky traps things though
    Attachment 375447
    but sayin that ive not got me viofocals on so I need find where the kids have put them then have another look when I can actually see close up lol
    Right so im looking everywhere and cant seem to see any photos or anything or how the plants look now ...sure I put some on
    the only picture is this one here with the big one in a 12 liter tub of coco and the one in the aqufarm ...so hhhmmmm

back to the old old diary lol

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-10-19), SmobyToker#1 (23-10-19)

Thanks

No photos buddy?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-19), hoodwinked (24-10-19)

Thanks

Yes mate I thought id been on and updated what was goin on like with the cuttings an stuff when I swapped everything over to coco but I cant really see anything ..knowin me I came on did the posts but ran out of time an maybe got logged out ...I know its happened a few times so I will put it down to it bein one of those nights lol

I think I will just do a new little dairy or rename me last one an just keep things updated on that one.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-10-19), SmobyToker#1 (24-10-19)

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16