Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: any ideas

Thanks

Hello mate, you have kept your ph too high, too long as stated and they need calcium and magnesium. Fast!!

Best thing to do at this point would be a complete tank change, made up of first, cal/mag or something similar at stated dose, then top up with base nutes,( you wont use as much) to the ec level you were feeding before the change.

Set the ph last and set it to 5.5, allow it to hit 5.7, then drop it back down to 5.5 again, then from there, let it do its thing until it hits 6.2, then back to 5.5, up to 6.2 etc....

For future reference, the ideal range is 5.5 to 6.2.

Start with an ec 0.2 above your background ec,(what it is from tap) watch your plants and only raise it, again by 0.2 if the leaves start to go pale.

If they start to go darker, reduce the ec by 0.1. You are looking to maintain an even green colour throughout the grow.

Hope this helps mate.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-08-19), GEORGE (28-07-19), hoodwinked (28-07-19), Mac (12-08-19), M_C (28-07-19)

Thanks

aaaaahhh!!! the dreaded ec thing ..I have an ec pen but its a cheap thing an been told not to bother using it basically so thats a bit tricky ..calmag ?..errrmm this is where things get confusing lol...ive got rhizotonic canazym canna aqua a and b flower an veg ….some seaweed liquid from wilkos I don't really use but its there ? and a pk 13/14 ?..

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-08-19), GEORGE (28-07-19), Mac (12-08-19)

Thanks

You need to get some calmag asap mate. It is basically a calcium and magnesium rich feed and is used to correct a def and prevent one in very soft water.

In the meantime, keeping the ph to 5.5-5.6 will allow maximum uptake of whatever calcium and magnesium is in the feed already.

As long as they are in veg, you can fix them!!! Incidently, what is your background ec?

Also, an accurate ec meter is equally important to hydro as a ph meter and you will struggle without them.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-08-19), GEORGE (28-07-19), hoodwinked (28-07-19), Mac (12-08-19)

Thanks

So something like the seaweed or rhizotonic might work for the calmag ?...and yes I know ive been told this about an ec meter ...just got a cheap one off ebay which apparently wont work right so ive never checked the ec to have a background marker like if thats what you mean ?

getting annoying now I might stick them in soil an just wait it out lol

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have always set my PH levels from 5.5 to 6.2, going as low as 5.2 is counter productive. Your plants are deficient because your starting PH is too high. Start at 5.5 and let it rise to 6.2 then bring it down to 5.5 and repeat the process so that your plants get the correct types of nutrients both macro and micro throughout their life.
    Last edited by ricky4003; 28-07-19 at 02:23 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ricky4003 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-08-19), GEORGE (28-07-19), ladymaryjane (28-07-19), Mac (12-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladymaryjane View Post
    You need to get some calmag asap mate. It is basically a calcium and magnesium rich feed and is used to correct a def and prevent one in very soft water.

In the meantime, keeping the ph to 5.5-5.6 will allow maximum uptake of whatever calcium and magnesium is in the feed already.

As long as they are in veg, you can fix them!!! Incidently, what is your background ec?

lso, an accurate ec meter is equally important to hydro as a ph meter and you will struggle without them.
    just that bit there where ya said "Aslong as there in veg they can be fixed" made me feel better lol

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-08-19), GEORGE (28-07-19), ladymaryjane (28-07-19), Mac (12-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricky4003 View Post
    I have always set my PH levels from 5.5 to 6.2, going as low as 5.2 is counter productive. Your plants are deficient because your PH is too high. Start at 5.5 and let it rise to 6.2 then bring it down to 5.5 and repeat the process so that your plants get the correct types of nutrients both macro and micro throughout their life.
    See I thought that ive never really seen ppl going below 5.5 say ….should I turn the water back on though or let them sit and dry out a bit ?...should I foliar feed for a bit to let the cubes dry out a little ?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoodwinked View Post
    See I thought that ive never really seen ppl going below 5.5 say ….should I turn the water back on though or let them sit and dry out a bit ?...should I foliar feed for a bit to let the cubes dry out a little ?
    Turn your pump back on mate! It needs to be constantly moving over the roots to remain fresh, it could go stagnant etc....if left sat unmoving for too long, particularly when it's hot.

Ideal setting for hydro is as follows.

Room temps 25c day 18c night
    Humidity 55-60% in veg 40 % in flower
    Res Temps 18c. If these conditions are maintained, the rest is easy.
    Ph and Ec has already been established.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-08-19), GEORGE (28-07-19), hoodwinked (28-07-19), Mac (12-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoodwinked View Post
    The first thing I would do Buddy if you are growing hydroponically is to get yourself a "GOOD" EC and PH meter as these are essential.I would fork out as much as possible for those items and I would recommend the Bluelab EC Truncheon and the Bluelab PH Pen. Don't waste your time on the cheap ebay crap, as you could spoil an entire grow using cheap items. As for your plants I would use some Cal Mag to introduce the nutrients that they have been missing out on due to your starting PH being too high. And regarding the droopiness, is it your leaves or the stems that are drooping?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ricky4003 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-07-19), ladymaryjane (28-07-19), Mac (12-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricky4003 View Post
    The first thing I would do Buddy if you are growing hydroponically is to get yourself a "GOOD" EC and PH meter as these are essential.I would fork out as much as possible for those items and I would recommend the Bluelab EC Truncheon and the Bluelab PH Pen. Don't waste your time on the cheap ebay crap, as you could spoil an entire grow using cheap items. As for your plants I would use some Cal Mag to introduce the nutrients that they have been missing out on due to your starting PH being too high. And regarding the droopiness, is it your leaves or the stems that are drooping?
    Yes I keep being told that about the decent ph pen an stuff I will get one soon I might have to find some coco put them into an do them in that for a while until I can sort something out ..kid are off an stuff so moneys something I don't have at the minute lol
    and regarding the actual plants its just the leaves that are abit limp im going take another pic in a bit see if there improving any ive redone the water an the ph is at 5.5 5.6

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoodwinked For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-07-19), Mac (12-08-19)

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast