Thread: Stem ok?

Thanks

Default Stem ok?

I have 6 plants going, this is my biggest. 2.5 weeks in soil. I’m worried because they are doing awesome, but the stems seem very small and flimsy. All stems are this size. Is this ok? I’ve fed fox farms big bloom twice with regular water in between. Ph at 6.2 each time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hank0341 For This Useful Post:

Gaz (28-07-19), GEORGE (28-07-19), UpInSmoke1990 (27-07-19)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hank0341 View Post
    I have 6 plants going, this is my biggest. 2.5 weeks in soil. I’m worried because they are doing awesome, but the stems seem very small and flimsy. All stems are this size. Is this ok? I’ve fed fox farms big bloom twice with regular water in between. Ph at 6.2 each time.

If you haven't already, get a fan blowing on that girl and her stem will thicken up in no time

If you're already doing it, give her time she'll come along like the rest.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Gaz (28-07-19), GEORGE (28-07-19), happyjack (28-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hank0341 View Post

I would not be feeding her yet mate and bloom is for flower normally although I've not used fox farms before.

Keep her on water until she begins to pale then start on low dose veg nutes. When shea in flower then add in the bloom. Some soils need water only for the first 5 or 6 weeks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

I start my seedlings on a windowsill and 12 hours in the flowering room miles away from the light, they always stretch making them a bit spindly, they thicken up once they go under the mh 18/6

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

Gaz (28-07-19), GEORGE (28-07-19)

Thanks

The big bloom can be fed during seedling/veg. I have a fan in the tent, but I adjusted it so it blows on the plants slightly more. I started them under cfl and kept the cfl close to keep them short. When I moved them to my tent, I put them under a 450w led with 200w draw from the wall. It originally was at 38 inches above to let the plants get used to it and I have since dropped it to 30” on an 18/6 schedule. I started feeding early because I have them in a 50/50 soil coco mix.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hank0341 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-07-19)