Thread: lippys ice bubble run

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

Default lippys ice bubble run

found me a set of the 5gal bags on the tinterweb n saved all my trim from the harvest. used to do the gumby method with a nutmilk bag but it was always harsh with the sediments n green stuff, so i thought id give this a whirl
    i used the two bucket method cause i dont trust myself not to stick the wooden spoon thu the bottoms !!!

whats needed

5gal bubble bag kit
    4 x 2kg bags of ice
    2 big buckets one that receive your bags folded over its edge.
    roughly about 8lt of cold water
    clean tea-towel
    old towels n rags(mopping up the floor)
    clean smooth plate
    card scraper n sharp knife
    a sheet of baking paper
    chopping board (or similar to press on)
    big soup pot or similar vessel
    iso alcohol (for cleaning when done)

was reading up n have been recommended to keep the water very very cold so a bag of ice was sat in a big 5lt pot of water fer a good hour chillin

layered ice at bottom

throw the trim in, n layer with the rest of the ice

pour the pot of chilled ice water until it just covers the mixed up trim n ice
    mix the holy hell outta it for 15-20mins the idea is to knock off the tric heads not blitz the plant matter ( i used a rounded wooden spoon attached to the drill)

layer your bags into your 2nd bucket (sorry no pics, camera died)
    my bag set determined the sizes some a a few microns difference.
    first bag the 25 then 73, 120, 160 and then the 220

pour the gunky ice water trim n all into the layered bags, helps if theres two people btw one to pour n one to hold the bags.

take the 220 bag out shake up n down in sharp tugs, set whole bag into the empty bucket, ( the ice will continue to melt etc) before you start, refill the big 5lt pot with a bag of ice n water to chill for the second wash.

now...

your works table, a clean tea towel folded in half, place the 25 micron pressing screen on top (you should have received with the bag kit) , a wooden chopping board or flat piece of something to press down on.

now...
    remove the second bag (160) gently,it helps to have some water handy n a cup or clean water squirter to wash down the result into the middle of the net, do this over the bag below (be mindful the more water you add the more you have to deal with later)

turn the clean plate upside down n place bag ontop ( the hash should now be a wet smuge on the inside), use card scraper to collect n scrap off onto your pressing screen on the tea towel
    fold screen over in half along with top half of tea towel, place board ontop n press, remove n place squige onto baking paper

hang the used bag to keep it from picking up containment’s you will use it again!

repeat step for each bag, btw the 25 micron bag takes a fecking age to drain hence the caution above with the amount of water used!

now when i got to the last bag,i found it helpfully to lift the whole bag out n dump the water in the bottom into bucket 1 n replace the bag back into the empty bucket! this stops the water coming up thu the bag n allows it to drain, while this is usually happening i mix up the ice n water again, have a joint, cuppa tea, or a bitta netflix n chill.

once the last bag is empty n scraped down repeat process again!
    i did three runs n left the ice to melt over night n just finished pouring it thu the 25, gonna get lunch n finish it off after but heres a sneek peak

top n middle left to right 160, 120, 73, n 25
    bottom is a mix of the 120,73 n 25

after the second run youll notice whats been collected more in what screen, i turn the bag inside out n wash the smaller collection into the next bag.

going into sealed jars to cure for a week will get back with a smoke report
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

Benjiman (25-04-20), Bigdaddy 101 (29-03-20), C-Rex (30-07-19), Cleargreen (04-12-19), GEORGE (29-07-19), GreenIRL (12-01-20), IceCalibur (29-07-19), Mac (29-07-19), Sadface (06-08-19), WhIpLaSh (29-07-19)

Thanks

n i was up till 4am btw pmsl it does suck ya in this

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (29-03-20), C-Rex (30-07-19), Cleargreen (04-12-19), GEORGE (29-07-19), GreenIRL (12-01-20), IceCalibur (29-07-19)

5. Default

This is a fantastic guide Lip, thank you for writing this up and sharing the pics..I have been wanting to try this many years ago..with this guide now bookmarked, I think I will give it a shot

How long would you say it took you all in mate?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (30-07-19), Cleargreen (04-12-19), GEORGE (29-07-19), GreenIRL (12-01-20), lipnobody (29-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Nice write-up, lip! Very straight-forward

----------------------------------------------------
    RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) https://bit.ly/2VjQGYy

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (30-07-19), Cleargreen (04-12-19), GEORGE (29-07-19), GreenIRL (12-01-20), lipnobody (29-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    This is a fantastic guide Lip, thank you for writing this up and sharing the pics..I have been wanting to try this many years ago..with this guide now bookmarked, I think I will give it a shot

How long would you say it took you all in mate?
    cheers fella, fecking ages! seriously do it when youve feck all planned! its a but messy tho id love to try the dry ice next time but its like finding hens teeth

Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    Nice write-up, lip! Very straight-forward

----------------------------------------------------
    RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) https://bit.ly/2VjQGYy
    thanks fella was good fun i admit

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (30-07-19), Cleargreen (04-12-19), GEORGE (29-07-19), IceCalibur (29-07-19), WhIpLaSh (29-07-19)

Thanks

achieved just under 10gs, smoking a bit of the 120 a nice sliver of it lovely n creamy bit more solid than the some of the 160 last night that was very flakey n crumbled easy, im leaving the 75 n 25 to cure n dry off a bit more but they are sticky as anything now

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (30-07-19), Cleargreen (04-12-19), GEORGE (04-08-19), IceCalibur (30-07-19), Sadface (06-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times

Excellent guide this Lipnobody

don't think this is for me though as it sounds like a lot of work, cleaning and time involved but 10 grams of hash from trim does sound appealing

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-12-19)