Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Drying options

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,828 Times

Right so, after one day in a cupboard and then seven days in the fridge the stems are snapping once warned up so im jarring it. The jar is sat open until bed and is at 66%. Other dried quicker is at 60 I hear 62 is the goal!

The buds have retained more stickyness compared to the other half. It also smells less harsh but my sense of smells sucks lol.

It weighed in at 52 but as you can see this was before I had found some scissors to take the stems off.

Very impressed although definitely want another fridge (perhaps mini) for upstairs somewhere rather than risking kitchen.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

.Nixon. (08-08-19), AND (08-08-19), Cleargreen (07-08-19), GEORGE (08-08-19), scoobywho (08-08-19)

Thanks

Haha well previous post was abit premature! 80% in jar this morning (had dropped to 64% before I closed it for the night). So popped it back in the fridge for the day and will check again tomorrow.

Hopefully 6 hours or so at 80% hasn't harmed it but loving the fact it's taking this long to dry! Perhaps the veg drawer is crisping the outside too much. Would like to try the normal shelves but I imagine that would increase the smell. Next time I'll try it perhaps but I've got a few too many visitors at the moment to risk it.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

AND (08-08-19), Cleargreen (08-08-19), GEORGE (08-08-19), Jimster (08-08-19)

Thanks

I noticed that my moisture in the buds fluctuated as well. The stems seem to dry slower and hold a little more water. Like I said, this is great for drying but it still needs aging or curing if you desire. I can say with confidence that this is the easiest and most successful method of drying that I have ever done. I always freak out when drying since the mold or mildew can pop up overnight, or it can overdry if I don't have them properly monitored. I just throw them in the fridge and forget about them for a week or so. When they come out, even if they feel overly crispy, they fix themselves once they warm up for about a half hour.
    Thanks for the update!!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimster For This Useful Post:

AND (08-08-19), Cleargreen (08-08-19), curiouscultivator (08-08-19), GEORGE (08-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jimster View Post
    I noticed that my moisture in the buds fluctuated as well. The stems seem to dry slower and hold a little more water. Like I said, this is great for drying but it still needs aging or curing if you desire. I can say with confidence that this is the easiest and most successful method of drying that I have ever done. I always freak out when drying since the mold or mildew can pop up overnight, or it can overdry if I don't have them properly monitored. I just throw them in the fridge and forget about them for a week or so. When they come out, even if they feel overly crispy, they fix themselves once they warm up for about a half hour.
    Thanks for the update!!
    Keep in mind that when you take cold things out of the fridge you get condensation of atmospheric moisture on it.
    not saying this is good or bad just something to be aware off.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

AND (08-08-19), curiouscultivator (08-08-19), GEORGE (08-08-19), Jimster (09-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    Keep in mind that when you take cold things out of the fridge you get condensation of atmospheric moisture on it.
    not saying this is good or bad just something to be aware off.
    So far, when taking them out of the cold, they are so low density, as opposed to something like say, um, a cold beer, that they don't hold the cold for more than a minute or two, depending on Sativa or Indica. I don't see it as problematic except in extremely humid conditions, but your point is valid.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimster For This Useful Post:

AND (09-08-19), Cleargreen (09-08-19), curiouscultivator (09-08-19), GEORGE (09-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jimster View Post
    So far, when taking them out of the cold, they are so low density, as opposed to something like say, um, a cold beer, that they don't hold the cold for more than a minute or two, depending on Sativa or Indica. I don't see it as problematic except in extremely humid conditions, but your point is valid.
    And so is yours mate about the density, didn't even think about that.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (09-08-19), GEORGE (09-08-19)

Thanks

They do warm up quick! Anyway guys so I put them back in the fridge yesterday morning at about 7am. They came out this evening have warmed up, reweighed and then placed back in jars. They have been in the jars for half hour or so and humidity is showing as 60. Going to keep a close eye on them.

So what is the total, like 8/9 days to dry with one day at the start out of the fridge,... Still better than four day crispy buds

Some of the stickyness has gone now but hoping a little may still come out from the middle. We will see after the jar phase

Gone from 52 to 49 with more drying and no stalk

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (10-08-19), GEORGE (09-08-19), IceCalibur (09-08-19), The_Terpinator (20-08-19)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3