Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Made A Big mistake! Homemade Vinigar based pesticide

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times
    Provided Answers: 12

If you can take it out to the garden, or if you have a "safe area" in the bathroom, and if that was my plant, I would practically shower it from above with plain tepid or "room temp" water, then spray the undersides with plain water too. Let it dry and keep my fingers crossed. No strong lights and just let the poor thing chill. She has had enough shocks already and trimmin goff the leaves will shock her some more. She has made up her mind what leaves to drop, let nature takes its course.

I had a similar experience with a bamboo plant once, same pest too. Wiped the mites off with a damp cloth with very diluted dish soap and still the plant died.

Good luck, hope your experience has a better ending than mine.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-08-19), GEORGE (03-08-19), IceCalibur (03-08-19), Jingo (14-08-19), Mrpukka (03-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,102 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    If you can take it out to the garden, or if you have a "safe area" in the bathroom, and if that was my plant, I would practically shower it from above with plain tepid or "room temp" water, then spray the undersides with plain water too. Let it dry and keep my fingers crossed. No strong lights and just let the poor thing chill. She has had enough shocks already and trimmin goff the leaves will shock her some more. She has made up her mind what leaves to drop, let nature takes its course.

I had a similar experience with a bamboo plant once, same pest too. Wiped the mites off with a damp cloth with very diluted dish soap and still the plant died.

Good luck, hope your experience has a better ending than mine.
    I will try this and hope for the best. Thanks for your reply x

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
    PiKiT-PaKiT-FiReItUp

JAck/BlUeS Grow 2 plus 4 12/12 from seed - DONEWITH

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrpukka For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-08-19), GEORGE (03-08-19), lipnobody (03-08-19)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 4

The plant is burned pretty badly, but should recover. It will take a while to regrow the damaged leaves and might stall growing for a week or so. The problem with these homemade concoctions are what you got... a bunch of stuff that is thrown together with little regard to what it is going to do to the plant. I would recommend a pyrethrin based fogger (flea bomb) for inside spider mite issues. I had them and their damage doesn't show up until they have nearly destroyed the plant, so treat it early. Pyrethrins are made from crushed flowers and is fairly safe for use, breaking down quickly. I found that it is best to treat mites with two different products, such as a Spinosad product alternating with Pyrethrin. Of course, this is only my opinion and recommendation.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimster For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-08-19), GEORGE (03-08-19), lipnobody (03-08-19), Mrpukka (03-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimster View Post
    The plant is burned pretty badly, but should recover. It will take a while to regrow the damaged leaves and might stall growing for a week or so. The problem with these homemade concoctions are what you got... a bunch of stuff that is thrown together with little regard to what it is going to do to the plant. I would recommend a pyrethrin based fogger (flea bomb) for inside spider mite issues. I had them and their damage doesn't show up until they have nearly destroyed the plant, so treat it early. Pyrethrins are made from crushed flowers and is fairly safe for use, breaking down quickly. I found that it is best to treat mites with two different products, such as a Spinosad product alternating with Pyrethrin. Of course, this is only my opinion and recommendation.
    Great reply thanks alot mate!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrpukka For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-08-19), GEORGE (03-08-19), lipnobody (03-08-19)

Thanks

She's recovering!!!! This plants been threw hell but keeps on recovering. Stinking too lol.... Doubt it'll will bud much tho but still keeps me Company xx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrpukka For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-08-19), IceCalibur (13-08-19)

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpukka View Post
    She's recovering!!!! This plants been threw hell but keeps on recovering. Stinking too lol.... Doubt it'll will bud much tho but still keeps me Company xx

Nice one Mrpukka, glad to read she's made it!..as you say might not get much from her but if she's making you happy then why the hell not hey

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-08-19), Mrpukka (13-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Nice one Mrpukka, glad to read she's made it!..as you say might not get much from her but if she's making you happy then why the hell not hey
    Thank mate! Yea life's stressful. These things ease mood even to look at x

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrpukka For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-08-19), IceCalibur (13-08-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2