Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What triggers auto flowering cannabis plants to initiate flower?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I hear what you are saying & you have my attention on it... but what I will say is that my plants flower at the heights you are referring to. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying that I believe you may be drawing the wrong conclusion & should be looking at other options too
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-08-19), Jumper114 (10-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I hear what you are saying & you have my attention on it... but what I will say is that my plants flower at the heights you are referring to. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying that I believe you may be drawing the wrong conclusion & should be looking at other options too
    Thanks M_C :-)

My mind is open! I am no scientist .. just a computer nerd!

It simply cannot be this simple. Surely people have tried this before? My googlefu has failed to find the same :-(

Next round and continue to investigate I will do a natural SC vs LST and defol SC. Sensible to keep to the same strain, so I can get more phenotype experience.

Same reasoning, but this time a single stem to tie down and then tie down all branches as they form to the rim. I suspect the result will be the same > 20 days stall. Again I will tie the seedling down from day 2 or so using pipe cleaners.

It is so hard to know what is what, when you have to endure phenotype differences whilst wanting to draw conclusions.

But you know what they say, if you try the same thing and see the same results......
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-08-19), M_C (10-08-19)

Thanks

OK, it is Saturday and I am sad.

Just counted Blueberry Treacle..... 19 nodes from the base with low and spiral technique.

I will count SC1 and SC2 tomorrow.. I would image their nodal count will be similar.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-08-19), lipnobody (12-08-19)

Thanks

I have been talking with Stan at Mephisto and his reply was very interesting.

Current thinking is the stress at the tap root starts the flowering process. (Hence the solo cup method which I have adopted with bio degradable pots).

Nobody knows what triggers the next stage of flower. He alluded to roots still. But science is out.

However, I am not convinced it is root related. I think tap root = sex. But plants spacial orientation - not node must play something. My SC1 is 7/8 nodes long and all round the pot and now overlapping. I slammed her today back to 2/3cm except fan leaves :-)

He also gave very interesting comparison of method based of pot size.

I don't think a small 3lt airpot should be yielding 12-14oz. Although I would agree I am full hydro - so why not?

Baffled I am :-) But this is really really got me thinking.

Edit Anyone wanting his full response, please PM and I will guide you there... if allowed?
    Last edited by Jumper114; 11-08-19 at 11:27 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-08-19), lipnobody (12-08-19)

Thanks

Anyone want to repeat the method?

Buy a ton of pipe cleaners/cable ties and keep the girl slammed?

Auto growers really.... :-) Interested to see coco vs soil too!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-08-19)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3