Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New fan for a new tent

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,948 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: New fan for a new tent

Hello everyone, I’ve decided to invest in a slightly bigger tent only an extra foot each way but I’ll also need a new fan as mine is on its way out.
    But I’m not sure what strength fan I’ll need for a 3x3x6ft tent I know there’s an equation for working it out but I’m honestly terrible at maths lol
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. "I'll tell you from experience, whatever you think you need, get bigger.

I started of using a 4" TD silent and 4" mountain air in my 1x1x1.6, which was fine, gave great negative pressure, but come heatwaves, I just couldn't control high temperatures, so a month or so into the grow ended up buying a 6" TD and 6" rhino pro.
    I can now run the fan on 35% which is nice and quiet, plus have the ability to ramp right up in and freak weather.

Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk"

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

.Nixon. (13-08-19), GEORGE (13-08-19), Greengrass (13-08-19), kbag (13-08-19), Mac (13-08-19), Sadface (13-08-19), skunkybudmans (03-09-19)

Thanks

I'll tell you from experience, whatever you think you need, get bigger.

I started of using a 4" TD silent and 4" mountain air in my 1x1x1.6, which was fine, gave great negative pressure, but come heatwaves, I just couldn't control high temperatures, so a month or so into the grow ended up buying a 6" TD and 6" rhino pro.
    I can now run the fan on 35% which is nice and quiet, plus have the ability to ramp right up in and freak weather.

Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to .Nixon. For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-08-19), Greengrass (13-08-19), Herbitual (17-08-19), IceCalibur (13-08-19), Itslittyofc (13-08-19), kbag (13-08-19), Mac (13-08-19), Valentina (17-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times
    Provided Answers: 17

If you mean an extraction fan then the equation in metric is 0.9x0.9x1.8= 1.458m3

You want to replace that air at least once a minute preferably more, so 1.458x60= 87.48

Your new fan needs to be capable of moving at least 87m3/h to replace the air in the tent once a minute.

From there you just divide any fan you buys flow rate by 87 to see how many times you will change the air.

As an example my 6" RVK pulls 350m3/h so 350 divided by 87 is roughly 4. That means I can suck all the air out of the tent 4 times a minute.

That's more than powerful enough so I can use a speed controller for the fan to run it at 50%, still pulling enough air to change all the air twice a minute but keeping noise and electric use down.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

.Nixon. (13-08-19), GEORGE (13-08-19), IceCalibur (13-08-19), Itslittyofc (13-08-19), lipnobody (17-08-19), Valentina (17-08-19)

Thanks

Thanks guys, I’ve never had to buy a fan before lol. When I bought my set up it came with a tent and a light so I went to a hydro shop to pick up the other bits and they just gave me one of the older shop models. It’s worked great for about a year and a half but I’ve noticed the fan is quieter and hasn’t got much strength in it
    Any brands you would recommend?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-08-19), Greengrass (13-08-19), Mac (13-08-19)

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Itslittyofc View Post
    Thanks guys, I’ve never had to buy a fan before lol. When I bought my set up it came with a tent and a light so I went to a hydro shop to pick up the other bits and they just gave me one of the older shop models. It’s worked great for about a year and a half but I’ve noticed the fan is quieter and hasn’t got much strength in it
    Any brands you would recommend?

I can personally recommend Can-Fans, always used them and always do the job well

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-08-19), Itslittyofc (13-08-19), Mac (17-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    I can personally recommend Can-Fans, always used them and always do the job well
    Cheers mate, will have a look at them now

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-08-19), IceCalibur (13-08-19), Mac (17-08-19)

Thanks

Looked oh can-fan.nl I presume that’s the right one, but couldn’t manage to find the prices or an add to cart button... maybe it’s just the website not working with my phone but I’ve looked on eBay too and found this

Good value for money? Or a rip off?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-08-19), IceCalibur (17-08-19), Mac (17-08-19)

16. Default

Looked oh can-fan.nl I presume that’s the right one, but couldn’t manage to find the prices or an add to cart button... maybe it’s just the website not working with my phone but I’ve looked on eBay too and found this

Good value for money? Or a rip off?

Yeah, you can't buy from their official website, they sell to stores (online too). I can't help with that selection shown as I've had no personal experience with them, maybe other members have mate, wait for some more replies

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-08-19), Itslittyofc (17-08-19), Mac (17-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Yeah, you can't buy from their official website, they sell to stores (online too). I can't help with that selection shown as I've had no personal experience with them, maybe other members have mate, wait for some more replies
    Ahh fair enough mate, is £62 cheap for a fan that moves that much air in your experience mate? Never bought one so have no idea what price range I should be looking at

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-08-19), Mac (17-08-19)

20. Default

Ahh fair enough mate, is £62 cheap for a fan that moves that much air in your experience mate? Never bought one so have no idea what price range I should be looking at

Yeah I mean that is relatively cheap for the size and personally, I would go with some recommendations from the members over price... let's see what others recommend or have a look through some members diaries to see what they are using.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-08-19), Itslittyofc (17-08-19), Mac (17-08-19)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast