Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New fan for a new tent

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times
    Provided Answers: 17

Human Noses take roughly 3 minutes to filter out persistent smells. If they didn't the human brain would melt down with all the smell receptors constantly firing. It's why you can't smell your own aftershave/sweat/skidmarks etc

I promise you without a filter if there is a smell someone unaccustomed to that smell will whiff it instantly.

There are 3 golden rules and they are golden for a reason. NO SMELL NO SELL NO TELL! Break one of them and you are asking for trouble in my opinion. Altho we all technically break the last one on here dont we?

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

British green (18-08-19), GEORGE (18-08-19), Itslittyofc (20-08-19), lipnobody (20-08-19), M_C (20-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,948 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

Quote Originally Posted by kbag View Post
    Yes mate you become immune to the smell. trouble is without a filter your funneling smell straight out your extraction like a chimney. I bet to someone that does not smoke they can smell your grow a mile away lol slight excoriation .
    Well oops lol, either way I’m sure I’m not the only one growing on this estate... knowing what fans sound like, plants smell like etc I’ve counted about 3 houses that I’m sure are growing
    Plus with my fan the way it is I don’t think it’ll push air through a carbon filter and work half decently at the minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-08-19), Mac (20-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_badger View Post
    Nose blind is the term you're after. I think my gaff doesn't smell then the rents come round and claim that they can smell it from downstairs. Hmmmm
    Lol now I remember the febreeze adverts!
    I’ve had one friend come into my house and ask how much I’d been smoking recently, when I’d only had one joint lol

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-08-19), Mac (20-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Itslittyofc View Post
    Well oops lol, either way I’m sure I’m not the only one growing on this estate... knowing what fans sound like, plants smell like etc I’ve counted about 3 houses that I’m sure are growing
    Plus with my fan the way it is I don’t think it’ll push air through a carbon filter and work half decently at the minute

can ya switch round so it’s extracted from the CF??
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-08-19), Itslittyofc (20-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times
    Provided Answers: 22

I can't believe what I'm reading here from the OP

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times
    Provided Answers: 12

Admittedly mate as smell isn’t too much of a problem for me (mostly because my area stunk of weed for years before I started growing, plus I smoke out my window or in the garden so it kind of defeats the object) I do have a carbon filter though, just in case but I think I’ve only used it once but will definitely check the fan out mate
    Dude... all it takes is for some jobsworth with a chip on the shouldr or some individual to make a call. As much as your not the only one growing, someone out there has a quota to meet.

Or worse, someone mistaking you for a big time grower and comes a knockin with their mates and cricket bats and other "sharp implements". Be safe, friend.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lipnobody View Post
    can ya switch round so it’s extracted from the CF??
    I think either way its still not powerful enough, only a few weeks to go and I’ll have the new one anyway, could always hook it up once my next set are getting closer to flower but that’ll be at least 2 and a half months ish

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    I can't believe what I'm reading here from the OP
    Bit confused?
    To be clear no one other than the family I live with, knows anything about the grow other than you guys. The groom doors are locked unless someone is in there and the window is always shut unless I’m smoking in there. I’ve had family round who are non smokers who don’t know I’m growing and they rarely smell much, when they do they just think I’ve had a joint. So the smell can’t be overpowering

I get it seems stupid, but it’s not a case of me not caring and their being a massive smell... it’s pretty well contained in the room, unless your in the loft and I’m detached so I don’t have to worry about it drifting into a neighbours loft
    My misses also loves incense so that’s burning nearly 24/7 so unless I’ve been watering and moving the plants around it’s pretty faint as if someone had smoked a joint

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

Bit confused?
    To be clear no one other than the family I live with, knows anything about the grow other than you guys. The groom doors are locked unless someone is in there and the window is always shut unless I’m smoking in there. I’ve had family round who are non smokers who don’t know I’m growing and they rarely smell much, when they do they just think I’ve had a joint. So the smell can’t be overpowering

I get it seems stupid, but it’s not a case of me not caring and their being a massive smell... it’s pretty well contained in the room, unless your in the loft and I’m detached so I don’t have to worry about it drifting into a neighbours loft
    My misses also loves incense so that’s burning nearly 24/7 so unless I’ve been watering and moving the plants around it’s pretty faint as if someone had smoked a joint

I have a small plant in my greenhouse. I'm not prepared to give further details of it but Gaz & the Mods/Admin will vouch that it is small... and it stinks more than any spliff could... and weed growing smells different than weed smoking...

If I did my usual two plant grow in my groom without my extraction on then you would smell it in the street outside.

Just saying to help you keep safe...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-08-19), Itslittyofc (20-08-19), Sadface (20-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Dude... all it takes is for some jobsworth with a chip on the shouldr or some individual to make a call. As much as your not the only one growing, someone out there has a quota to meet.

Or worse, someone mistaking you for a big time grower and comes a knockin with their mates and cricket bats and other "sharp implements". Be safe, friend.
    No one knows, other than those who live with me. I’ve also got two rather large German Shepards, which deters even the loyal old postie
    Thanks for caring tho everyone, I get the way I wrote it with little explanation seems dodgy... but I’m comfortable with the measures I’ve taken to keep my grow discreet and protected from thieves. I agree I could run a CF but the fan I have now would barely move air through the filter let alone help cool my tent

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-08-19)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast