Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Are these spider mites?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    At the end of the day ,if that's your bag ipm and cover crop and so on crack on ,but it's a science I've not got the inclination to learn or even try to understand ...pests are exactly that ..fooking pests and we all know the damage they can do ,some can be catastrophic ,and most of us grow to time lines and windows,by that I mean as badger is 2 weeks into flower any pests need nipping in the bud ASAP imho as he enters the various windows of his current grow ,each window that is compromised will be detrimental to the final outcome ,however this is just my train of thought ..
    I agree Sad and the neem sprays won't be any good now either 2 weeks into flower, just thought I'd include it for any future readers who could be searching for results on the forum. I personally haven't got time to muck about with IPM..and I never thought I'd try predator insects either..but glad I did. The bug sprays and the hotshot strips will work 100% with minimal fuss that's for sure...but the more options, the better for those that might wanna try a different tact (either side of the coin).

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

AND (13-08-19), GEORGE (13-08-19), Sadface (13-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

And the hotshots are nasty shit by all accounts Ice ,held in the same esteem as PGR's ect ,but if I had a pest infestation on a scrog I'd manicured over the last 2 months plus ...I would want that pest gone ASAP ...repeat treatments of sprays would not give me that confidence ...it's a massive trade off granted but one is personally be and am happy to take ..but in no way am I saying it's great advice ....

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

AND (13-08-19), British green (15-08-19), GEORGE (13-08-19), IceCalibur (13-08-19)

5. Default

And the hotshots are nasty shit by all accounts Ice ,held in the same esteem as PGR's ect ,but if I had a pest infestation on a scrog I'd manicured over the last 2 months plus ...I would want that pest gone ASAP ...repeat treatments of sprays would not give me that confidence ...it's a massive trade off granted but one is personally be and am happy to take ..but in no way am I saying it's great advice ....
    Yep and not everyone has the time or patience to continue with IPM sprays..it's an ongoing treatment from start to finish..the positives and negatives are for us all to think about for sure.

For some coming home from work the last thing they want to do is start mucking about with IMP..they want something that will deal with the issue and FAST..and that's where the bug sprays and the like will come in handy and you've been open about the risks Sad so in the end comes down to whatever the individual wants to use AFTER fully understanding the pro's and cons from all options.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

AND (13-08-19), GEORGE (13-08-19), Sadface (13-08-19)

Thanks

In the same breath i need to say,I would not have a hotshot anywhere near my plants in heavy flower,again badger is now working with flower windows ,so pays your money and take your chances

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

AND (13-08-19), British green (15-08-19), GEORGE (13-08-19), IceCalibur (13-08-19)

Thanks

It's amazing how effective yellow sticky traps are placed above and more importantly below plant canopy's just to keep the numbers at bay...I find thrips are at there most effective/destructive in vegging plants ,in flower the vigour and growth and strength of a plant in flower don't suffer anywhere near as bad ,again just from my experiences used in conjunction the the sticky's

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

AND (13-08-19), GEORGE (13-08-19), IceCalibur (13-08-19)

Thanks

Time is ticking

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

AND (14-08-19), GEORGE (13-08-19)

Thanks

IPM or SPM

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

AND (14-08-19), GEORGE (13-08-19)

15. Default

It's amazing how effective yellow sticky traps are placed above and more importantly below plant canopy's just to keep the numbers at bay...I find thrips are at there most effective/destructive in vegging plants ,in flower the vigour and growth and strength of a plant in flower don't suffer anywhere near as bad ,again just from my experiences used in conjunction the the sticky's
    Just to add to that Sad..after being hit with thrips many years ago, I spent hours researching how to deal with them and if you're dealing with thrips ONLY then they are more attracted to the blue sticky traps over the yellow ones, the yellow traps are used for aphids, whiteflies and others insects.

"Different coloured traps, such as yellow and blue, may attract different species / families / orders given differences in colour sensitivity of eye photo-receptors. There may also be physiological attractions to certain colours."

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

AND (14-08-19), GEORGE (13-08-19), Sadface (13-08-19), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (12-02-20)

Thanks

Knowledge is power iceman (noted) ..blue will be my next purchase then mukka...or both I guess

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

AND (14-08-19), GEORGE (13-08-19), IceCalibur (13-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Knowledge is power iceman (noted) ..blue will be my next purchase then mukka...or both I guess
    Green ones, lol...best of both worlds

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-08-19), IceCalibur (14-08-19), Sadface (14-08-19)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast