Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Are these spider mites?

1. Default

Just to offer up another option, even if you have made up your mind (for others who may read in future)..you could go down the 'fighting nature with nature' route as I did with very good results!

I got some thrips on my 2 small mug grows and I ordered in some predator insects to hunt them down and destroy them...it worked VERY well

I used ' Amblyseius cucumeris ' sachets, although they do not kill adult thrips, they do eat the eggs and larvae, here is a quote of information ;

"Thrip Killer contains the predatory mite; Amblyseius cucumeris / Neoseiulus cucumeris. These predatory mites feed on thrip larvae and their eggs. They feed mainly on the small or first instar larvae of Western Flower thrip (Frankiniella occidentalis). They are not able to eat the larger larvae or adults, although they will also feed on spider mites. It is important to have the predatory mites at the times when thrips may be present."

I must say they have done a cracking job and they have wiped out the thrips completely on my 2 mug grows..the plus side is they also eat spider mites

You could go for ' Amblyseius swirskii '..some info ;

"Premium thrip killer sachets contain the predatory mite Amblyseius swirskii. This predatory mite feeds on multiple stages of thrip larvae present on the plant foliage itself."

" Amblyseius swirskii outperforms the alternative Amblyseius cucumeris given suitable conditions. The Swirskii predators will kill larger stages of thrip larvae than Cucumeris meaning they eliminate larger amounts of a pest population. Swirskii mites will also consume whitefly eggs giving additional protection."

You could also go for ' Orius laevigatus ' which I might add I found on one of my girls which naturally flew on it! ..info ;

"The Orius predatory bug feeds on thrips, spider mites and even aphids. Orius will feed on thrip adults and larvae including larger larvae. They are often found in flowers , as they also feed on pollen. Both the adult and the nymph stage of the life cycle will feed on thrips. Orius can take a few weeks to establish and will adapt better where a source of pollen is also available. "

If you're not up for using anything like that then there are some great guides here on neem sprays for use in the veg stage but not sure how effective they are against thrips ;

redisiel - IPM(intergrated pest management) - Clicky

Gaz - Neem and soapnuts quick guide - Clicky

Goodluck!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

AND (13-08-19), GEORGE (13-08-19), lipnobody (13-08-19), Sadface (13-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

I'll look forward to seeing your cover crops then iceman fpmsl

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

AND (13-08-19), GEORGE (13-08-19), IceCalibur (13-08-19)

Thanks

I've Not enough hours in the day nor the brain capacity for that rigmarole

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    I'll look forward to seeing your cover crops then iceman fpmsl
    LOL Sad ..you're just jealous of my 5 gram plants hahahaha

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

AND (13-08-19), GEORGE (13-08-19), Sadface (13-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    LOL Sad ..you're just jealous of my 5 gram plants hahahaha
    Fuck all up with that plant ice ...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    I've Not enough hours in the day nor the brain capacity for that rigmarole
    Yeah it's not for everyone that's for sure Sad

I tried it myself for the first time, turned out much better than I expected...now all the thrips have been hunted and eaten, the predator mites are now dead aswell due to starvation..so completely insect free now.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

AND (13-08-19), GEORGE (13-08-19)

Thanks

At the end of the day ,if that's your bag ipm and cover crop and so on crack on ,but it's a science I've not got the inclination to learn or even try to understand ...pests are exactly that ..fooking pests and we all know the damage they can do ,some can be catastrophic ,and most of us grow to time lines and windows,by that I mean as badger is 2 weeks into flower any pests need nipping in the bud ASAP imho as he enters the various windows of his current grow ,each window that is compromised will be detrimental to the final outcome ,however this is just my train of thought ..

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Default Are these spider mites?

Ipm for the win brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toms Iws Flood & drain system using coco. 2020.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ems-using-Coco

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

AND (13-08-19), GEORGE (13-08-19), IceCalibur (13-08-19), Sadface (13-08-19)

Thanks

Going forward on other grows take a different stance 100% get that ,but I personally would t want to battle any kind of infestation 2 weeks into flower ..in my mind it's a minimum 2-3 week battle ,that takes him to midway of flower cycle with no definite outcome ...my solution is a definite solution for this current grow ..again just my opinion

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tom222 View Post
    Ipm for the win brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sure it is Tom ,hope you can get him sorted using ipm now he's already in week 2 + of flower ...it's not my risk to take

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast