Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yellow tips on 2 week old plant

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    6.6 is a decent ph and soil should be able to buffer that.
    I am at a loss as to what the problem is. I have been reading that ph is not something to be concerned about in soil. But the plant is showing a few different deficiency signs, which keeps leading me to a ph problem when I am studying what it might be online.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cambi23 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-08-19), Mac (30-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

How far is your light away from the plant?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

cambi23 (28-08-19), GEORGE (28-08-19), Mac (30-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    How far is your light away from the plant?
    Approximately 8-12 Inches. Ish170 led is the light I am using.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cambi23 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-08-19), Kurdt (30-08-19), Mac (30-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    6.6 is a decent ph and soil should be able to buffer that.
    Also ph tested the Tomorite feed mix and that is also at 6.6.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cambi23 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-08-19), Mac (30-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

Stop using tomorite. If the soil was good to begin with, the plant will not need any food until just as it starts to flower. As to the amount of water to use, water until you get a little run off, so you know the water has gotten right to the bottom of the pot. Then leave it about 2-3 days, until the pot starts to feel light. Then water again.

Theres no need to over complicate things-they are hardy plants, and often fussing over them will cause more issues.

Once you start to see preflowers, at about week 5, then start with a 1/2 or 1/4 dose of feed.

What type of soil did you plant in?

I did a very minimal grow my first time-garden center soil etc, maybe take a look- https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ery-minimalist

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-08-19), IceCalibur (28-08-19), Mac (30-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priapus View Post
    Stop using tomorite. If the soil was good to begin with, the plant will not need any food until just as it starts to flower. As to the amount of water to use, water until you get a little run off, so you know the water has gotten right to the bottom of the pot. Then leave it about 2-3 days, until the pot starts to feel light. Then water again.

Theres no need to over complicate things-they are hardy plants, and often fussing over them will cause more issues.

Once you start to see preflowers, at about week 5, then start with a 1/2 or 1/4 dose of feed.

What type of soil did you plant in?

I did a very minimal grow my first time-garden center soil etc, maybe take a look- https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ery-minimalist
    I did not just start feeding for the hell of it or to complicate things. The leaves of the plant where showing signs off Nitrogen deficiency according to numerous pictures and posts I had read, so I feed with nutes one time. Then all the other different symptoms started to show that would suggest ph problems. So here I am giving as much info as possible to try diagnose the problem. Its in Terra Canna plus which I am regretting buying If I am honest. I have also grown in regular garden centre compost outdoors and had no trouble whatsoever.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cambi23 For This Useful Post:

El Danko (29-08-19), GEORGE (29-08-19), Mac (30-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cambi23 View Post
    I did not just start feeding for the hell of it or to complicate things. The leaves of the plant where showing signs off Nitrogen deficiency according to numerous pictures and posts I had read, so I feed with nutes one time. Then all the other different symptoms started to show that would suggest ph problems. So here I am giving as much info as possible to try diagnose the problem. Its in Terra Canna plus which I am regretting buying If I am honest. I have also grown in regular garden centre compost outdoors and had no trouble whatsoever.
    Im no expert but can’t you simply just give the plant a flush? Or does that only work with coco?

Legalise it, Don’t criticise it

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to El Danko For This Useful Post:

cambi23 (30-08-19), GEORGE (29-08-19), Mac (30-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El Danko View Post
    Im no expert but can’t you simply just give the plant a flush? Or does that only work with coco?

Legalise it, Don’t criticise it
    That is what I did in the end. I flushed her last night. So just wait and see what the next week brings.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cambi23 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-08-19), Mac (30-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

What led you to believe you had nitrogen deficiency?
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

cambi23 (30-08-19), GEORGE (30-08-19), Mac (30-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Approximately 8-12 Inches. Ish170 led is the light I am using.
    I use the ISH 150 PRO and at seedling stage i keep it 30'' away and let the girls grow into it, I think 8''-12'' maybe a little too near.(I just read though on their site that they say you can run your light closer to the plant,) but I still think 8-12 is a little too close. My first plant I grew with the QB LED got badly burnt because I didnt have the light far away enough.Get someone elses opinion first that knows more than me about these lights but i'd raise your light to at least 18-20.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-08-19), Mac (30-08-19)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast