Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: LED PC case growing with TheLastRebel

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,368 Times

Aaaaaaand immediate nute burn. Right after upping the grow. Ungrateful twats. In hindsight though, even looking at the pics I uploaded earlier I can see some tips curling down so I maybe should have seen it coming. Ah well...
    Last edited by thelastrebel; 10-07-20 at 11:42 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-20), Silkadin (11-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

You're clearly a perfectionist... they look fine to me lol

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-20), thelastrebel (11-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    You're clearly a perfectionist... they look fine to me lol
    Thanks for stopping by mate, yeah they're well enough - just a bit irritating trying to guess what to feed them in the smaller pots but no disasters so far! Weirdly the runt in the corner is actually catching up now as well, so yeah I'm pretty pleased with them really.

What about you mate, you not growing just now or can I not find your diary?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-20)

Thanks

Hey Rebel, all looking sweet mate.
    You were tight about the stretching as well, can't wait to see how they turn out now

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to v12xjs For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-07-20), thelastrebel (14-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by v12xjs View Post
    Hey Rebel, all looking sweet mate.
    You were tight about the stretching as well, can't wait to see how they turn out now
    Cheers man, yeah they stretched an inch or two more than I'd guessed but a quick bend each was enough. The runt is catching up too now, that one caught me out a bit! If I do small pot photos like this again I'd probably top them early for a flatter canopy but not to worry. This might be another grow where I try a two-stage harvest, it worked pretty well last time to give lower buds a chance to catch up. Or maybe I need to be more aggressive with lopping off popcorn, but I don't like doing that much!

Still no major odour issues - it does noticeably come through just before lights on but I've found opening the lid on an ona block during that time does the job. I could probably adjust the fans instead but I can't be bothered.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-07-20), v12xjs (14-07-20)

Thanks

Girls look amazing rebel, nice job!

Know what you mean about the popcorn thing too.
    I've done it 2 stage a few times but generally I'm in perpetual mode with stuff to go in, so I can't mess about

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to v12xjs For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-07-20), thelastrebel (14-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by v12xjs View Post
    Girls look amazing rebel, nice job!

Know what you mean about the popcorn thing too.
    I've done it 2 stage a few times but generally I'm in perpetual mode with stuff to go in, so I can't mess about
    When I started out I was thinking about growing perpetual, the idea being to maximise yield over time since I'm working in a small box. Have never bothered though - I think I've only had about 1/2 oz since my last harvest in October. Even if I could get everything nailed down and pull 1oz a month, which I think is probably about the upper limit I could work up to, I wouldn't know what to do with the buds anyway!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-07-20)

Thanks

That's exactly my way of thinking and what made me consider micro in the first place rebel.
    I only toke around 4oz per year, so the case is on for about 6 months at a time and then like you, I'm running out of places to stash it!

The downtime is good as well though, as I can get any maintenance sorted and try out any new upgrades I've dreamt up

On that point, don't know if you are aware but with most pc fans you can oil them. If you peel back the sticky label on the front there's usually a little rubber bung with an oil well below.
    Only put one drop of oil in there or it will do more damage than good, but it will keep them nice and quiet.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to v12xjs For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-07-20), Silkadin (21-07-20), thelastrebel (15-07-20)

Thanks

Yeah I like not being under any pressure because it means I can take time out for holidays etc without worrying about it. I do have a water pump and have left it unattended before but like in January I just scrapped a grow because I was busy and no danger of running out. I haven't done any major upgrades for a long time - got plans mapped out for a cooling system and side lighting but I never seem to get round to it - maybe I'll do the lights this winter...

I think the bearing system in my Noctuas is a bit too complicated for an oil top up to be honest, but they have a life expectancy longer than I do anyway! They're PWM controlled as well so noise is never much of an issue. Often times the timer my lights are on is louder than the fans!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-07-20), Silkadin (21-07-20)

Thanks

Still chugging along well enough these, couple of health niggles that are confusing me a bit - the leaf ends curling down very much suggests N toxicity and the burnt tips suggest general over feeding of NPK to me, but lots of tips are still curled and a good bit of lower foliage has yellowed in the last couple of days. Not a big issue but it's got me scratching my head a bit - is the yellowing something else, or the curling tips something else I wonder? Will have to have a read and a think.

Think one of these might be my frostiest plant so far, which is nice to see!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (20-07-20), GEORGE (20-07-20), Jingo (21-07-20), v12xjs (21-07-20)

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast