Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: LED PC case growing with TheLastRebel

small plantation outside kingston jamaica
    Thanks

What, more soil thus more stretch (growth) do you mean?

New PC Build coming soon

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-03-20), thelastrebel (26-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,368 Times

Well this is a freaky coincidence, I didn't think anyone had been following this diary so hadn't been updating but tonight I thought it had been a while so I should maybe say something - great minds think alike in terms of thread activitiy I guess.

Hope you're both keeping well! The key update for the thread is that I had some travel plans change in Jan and sadly chose to give up on the NL. I'm such a lightweight I still have loads and so I haven't actualy started another one yet but my kit is there for when I feel the need!

In terms of bushiness etc, mate there's so many variables I think it's always going to be more of a wresting match than a 'dialing in' process when you're doing one plant at a time but that's meant to be half the fun right? Margins for error are relatively higher doing this of course but for me at least they"ve been well manageable

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-03-20), jumpman233345 (27-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

I'm subbed mate, I'm just not the biggest talker
    I'd also assume strain is a big factor in size. I've experimented with pot sizes and my 8ltr pots give me plants I can manage, where I the 11ltrs seem to give me monsters every time lol. Just had to supercrop a main stem on mine as it hit the lights : /

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-03-20), jumpman233345 (27-03-20), thelastrebel (29-03-20)

Thanks

Hi guys, quick update about what I've been up to. I haven't been growing since I had to abandon the one at the start of the year because it's seemed a bit pointless while I've had plenty in jars. I've had a chili plant in my case instead for a while now.

Got the idea though that summer would be a good time to grow the three free photo cheese seeds I got a while back, since 12/12 is better for temps. Popped them on I think 6 June in 1l pots and flipped to 12/12 pretty early. At least two of them seem to be stretching in a pretty healthy way this weekend so I've got my fingers crossed for them. Never grown photos before so hopefully I don't have any light leaks I wasn't aware of!

Case is getting a bit of a squeeze - the chili may have to move ontovthe windowsill at some point but it's just about ok for now! I'm turning it every day or two so that hopefully the light will balance out, not sure how much good that does though!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

gardro (28-06-20), GEORGE (28-06-20), Lowrollerbean (29-06-20), v12xjs (01-07-20)

Thanks

Thanks for sharing rebel, plants look lush
    Keep us posted.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to v12xjs For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-20), thelastrebel (01-07-20)

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by v12xjs View Post
    Thanks for sharing rebel, plants look lush
    Keep us posted.
    Cheers man. I've been pretty lucky with my plants so far, not had many mingers. These girls are doing a lot better than expected to be honest, I didn't have any decent soil at the time so I salvaged what was at the bottom of a couple of bone dry pots that used to have lettuces in, mixed some ecothrive charge through it and hoped for the best and it seems to be doing ok. I've added biosys as well since last time I grew, other than that I'm sticking with the simple Plagron nutes and so far so good. They've had what I'm guessing is most of their stretch now, but if they do carry on I can LST them down a bit if needed.

I've had to move the chili plant out though - it was almost up to the lights and was forming a canopy that didn't let much through. If I do another one I'll train it down!

Last edited by thelastrebel; 01-07-20 at 02:14 AM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (02-07-20), GEORGE (01-07-20), v12xjs (01-07-20)

Thanks

Hey rebel

Loving the pic
    Looks from the pistils like they have just begun to flower so I'd be thinking another week or 10 days of stretching left yet. Be prepared, and if you are going to repot them then do it now.
    Very healthy girls though mate, I'd be proud of them
    Careful with that bare wire though.

How's the odour in the room? I'm guessing a cheese could be a challenge to keep discreet, never mind 3 of them!
    Interesting that you are getting good results from used soil by the way, I always recycle my coco and it is definitely better 2nd time around.

I grow a few chili myself so I loved the macro

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to v12xjs For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (02-07-20), GEORGE (02-07-20), thelastrebel (02-07-20)

Thanks

Haha sorry if I scared you but the bare wire isn't connected to anything - it's a spare DC link for if I want to connect up any side lights. I have a spare 25W driver that I always meant to do that with so last time I did case mods I put the spare barrel connection in.

I think you're probably right about having a week or so left to stretch but my gut tells me it'll be mostly girth rather than height from now on but we'll see! I've been wrong before...

Nah, I'll leave them in the 1l pots just out of curiosity as much as anything, that and I don't really have any alternative pots I could fit three of! If I'd known the chili plant would have to come out I'd have just done a one plant grow again probably, but hey ho. Something different to try!

So far no odour issues and as the weather gets cooler I can slow down the outtake fans, but I suspect being cheeses they will probably overpower my filters at some point. They'll definitely need fresh carbon after this at any rate! I'm a little bit flexible with that though as I have a window fan to keep the room at negative pressure, the rest of the house will always be ok.

Yeah the soil has surprised me, I thought that after completely drying out in a cupboard for a couple of months it'd never take up water again but I'm happy to have been wrong!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (02-07-20), GEORGE (02-07-20)

Thanks

Bent the taller one over just to be safe today before she stiffens up but they're doing fine still. Or, two of them are at least. Forgot to mention last time that one of the 3 is still about 3" tall - need a WPOTM comp for that bitch I think but hey ho.

At a slightly fiddly point with watering now, they're drying out a bit too much in 48 hours but not enough in 24 hours so I've kind of gone with a full feed and water one day and a top up of maybe 100ml plain water each the next day. They can't seem to get enough nutes so far, which I guess makes sense in the smaller pots.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-07-20)

Thanks

Some yellowing on lower leaves so I've put the grow nutes back up. Coming long well enough now.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-07-20), v12xjs (14-07-20)

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast