Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: LED PC case growing with TheLastRebel

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,368 Times

Quote Originally Posted by imnice View Post
    jesus that pc is massive.
    imnice
    You should try lifting the bloody thing mate! Yeah it's not like some of the server boxes you see sometimes but it's no midi tower. I was thinking about this the other day actually and if I was starting again I'd be tempted to use a smaller case. When I was setting up everyone said I'd struggle to pull 10g from a grow so I decided to go with the biggest option I could get away with. Since it's turned out I can grow way more than I smoke I definitely could have gone with smaller.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-02-21), M_C (17-02-21), Valentina (17-02-21)

Thanks

Hello chaps and chapesses, it's been a while but I thought I should drop a note in here by way of update. When I started I saw a lot of people who were abandoning small grows and it was kind of off-putting. So just to set the record straight, although I haven't been on here much I haven't given up by any stretch. I've maybe abandoned my ambitions of cooling solutions, side lights etc, since they're just not necessary for me, but the case isn't going anywhere.

I've still not needed to grow again because I don't get through much and I absolutely will not get into supplying (even if the forum rules allowed it, it just doesn't sit right with me). I may do another grow later this year possibly, watch this space if you're interested.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

barney_b (22-03-22), Deku Nut (22-03-22), GEORGE (22-03-22), IceCalibur (22-03-22), M_C (24-03-22)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by thelastrebel View Post
    Hello chaps and chapesses, it's been a while but I thought I should drop a note in here by way of update. When I started I saw a lot of people who were abandoning small grows and it was kind of off-putting. So just to set the record straight, although I haven't been on here much I haven't given up by any stretch. I've maybe abandoned my ambitions of cooling solutions, side lights etc, since they're just not necessary for me, but the case isn't going anywhere.

I've still not needed to grow again because I don't get through much and I absolutely will not get into supplying (even if the forum rules allowed it, it just doesn't sit right with me). I may do another grow later this year possibly, watch this space if you're interested.
    Cheers for the update thelastrebel, hope all is well with you

I'm glad you haven't given up..and def look forward to peeking in on a grow from you

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (22-03-22), GEORGE (22-03-22), thelastrebel (24-03-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,297 Times

Looking forward to seeing another of your grows m8 how the hell u keep them that small and looking mint is a skill man
    I smoke pretty much all of the time so if I waffle shit please forgive me lol

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-03-22), Deku Nut (22-03-22), GEORGE (22-03-22), thelastrebel (24-03-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,410 Times

Hey man, I haven't had a chance to go through and read this dairy yet but I'm looking forward to it later today, hopefully you start it back up again if for no other reason than for variety, I would throw bud away if it stopped me from being able to sample new stuff. Spice is the variety of life and all that.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deku Nut For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-03-22), IceCalibur (22-03-22), thelastrebel (24-03-22)

Thanks

Thanks chaps. I'll do another one at some point for sure but it'll be a couple of months off at least. The idea of throwing bud away... no thanks! I've had to pour some infused cooking oil down the sink after it got rancid, and actually I've got another two bottles now I think about it that I've hardly touched... first world problems eh? Next grow I might do something like 4 different seeds in tiny pots, since yield isn't a concern and variety is always good.

I honestly don't think it's anything special what I've managed, if you think about what some of the really experienced growers on here can pull out of pepsi bottles, mugs, thimbles and whatever else they're doing in the challenges, I reckon if you can get your environment right it's really not that hard to grow the sort of yields I've done in a PC case. Obviously for heavy smokers that's not much use, but if you're a light smoker and you're content with, say, 3-4 20g yields per year as a dependable baseline, I think it's generally pretty doable as long as you'll be around to look after it and you pick up a vague idea of what healthy/unhealthy plants look like.

I remember before I started I had loads of people telling me it'd never be worth the bother and trying to talk me out of doing small grows, and I'm glad I went ahead with it anyway.

Half tempted to get it out of storage to grow some chillies or something for a laugh now...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (24-03-22), GEORGE (24-03-22), M_C (24-03-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,772 Times

Quote Originally Posted by thelastrebel View Post
    Thanks chaps. I'll do another one at some point for sure but it'll be a couple of months off at least. The idea of throwing bud away... no thanks! I've had to pour some infused cooking oil down the sink after it got rancid, and actually I've got another two bottles now I think about it that I've hardly touched... first world problems eh? Next grow I might do something like 4 different seeds in tiny pots, since yield isn't a concern and variety is always good.

I honestly don't think it's anything special what I've managed, if you think about what some of the really experienced growers on here can pull out of pepsi bottles, mugs, thimbles and whatever else they're doing in the challenges, I reckon if you can get your environment right it's really not that hard to grow the sort of yields I've done in a PC case. Obviously for heavy smokers that's not much use, but if you're a light smoker and you're content with, say, 3-4 20g yields per year as a dependable baseline, I think it's generally pretty doable as long as you'll be around to look after it and you pick up a vague idea of what healthy/unhealthy plants look like.

I remember before I started I had loads of people telling me it'd never be worth the bother and trying to talk me out of doing small grows, and I'm glad I went ahead with it anyway.

Half tempted to get it out of storage to grow some chillies or something for a laugh now...
    This sort of thinking makes my heart sing

It's not about quantity/quality, it's about doing it yourself

I need more than you can grow but my groom is still quite small in the greater scheme of things
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (24-03-22), GEORGE (24-03-22), thelastrebel (24-03-22), TightNugs (24-03-22), V8 (24-03-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,955 Times

i love these kinds of stealth grows, i want to build one just for the sake of building it

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to forager For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (24-03-22), GEORGE (24-03-22), thelastrebel (24-03-22)

17. Default

We have a new member who is growing in a filing cabinet you might be interested in

Can check it out here - Growing in an old filing cabinet

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (24-03-22), forager (25-03-22), GEORGE (25-03-22), M_C (25-03-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,955 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    We have a new member who is growing in a filing cabinet you might be interested in

Can check it out here - Growing in an old filing cabinet
    already there thanks

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to forager For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (25-03-22), GEORGE (25-03-22), IceCalibur (25-03-22)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14