Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: LED PC case growing with TheLastRebel

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,370 Times

Thanks for the heads up on rot Silk, I'll keep an eye out for that. Here's the two seedlings, both came up fine albeit one needed some help shedding her casing and isn't the straightest for it. I'll give it a week or so and then pick which one to continue with.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (12-01-20), GEORGE (12-01-20), IceCalibur (12-01-20), Silkadin (12-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times

I've been thinking about building a little red/far red light to create the Emerson as well, not for use with the light I have running in the picture because that's very red already in bloom mode but for aside my 60w Invisible Sun panel which will be dusted off again come late spring/summer.
    I have this little computer fan/heatsink that seems suitable, just need to get some diodes somewhere, mount them on and connect a suitable wall charger.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-01-20), IceCalibur (12-01-20), thelastrebel (12-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    I've been thinking about building a little red/far red light to create the Emerson as well, not for use with the light I have running in the picture because that's very red already in bloom mode but for aside my 60w Invisible Sun panel which will be dusted off again come late spring/summer.
    I have this little computer fan/heatsink that seems suitable, just need to get some diodes somewhere, mount them on and connect a suitable wall charger.
    Looks ideal for a couple of cree xpe diodes or similar, that - should disperse plenty of heat. How many watts are you thinking of for your space CG? I'm thinking of adding around 10W warm white and 10W red and far red, so 5+5 on each side to complement my 34W white from above. I'm not sure if that's a bit excessive maybe but it'll only be used for flowering and I can dim down if needs be. Mine won't just be an Emerson booster though, I'll have the side lights on slightly longer than the main lights I think but definitely all day. I don't have much patience with biology so I'm no expert on what plants respond to, but intuitively it makes sense to me.
    Last edited by thelastrebel; 12-01-20 at 08:19 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (12-01-20), GEORGE (12-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thelastrebel View Post
    Looks ideal for a couple of cree xpe diodes or similar, that - should disperse plenty of heat. How many watts are you thinking of for your space CG? I'm thinking of adding around 10W warm white and 10W red and far red, so 5+5 on each side to complement my 34W white from above. I'm not sure if that's a bit excessive maybe but it'll only be used for flowering and I can dim down if needs be. Mine won't just be an Emerson booster though, I'll have the side lights on slightly longer than the main lights I think but definitely all day. I don't have much patience with biology so I'm no expert on what plants respond to, but intuitively it makes sense to me.
    Didn't really think about watts yet but thinking about putting 4 diodes on there maybe? 2 red and 2 far red.
    And for me it would purely be for the Emerson effect, don't really trust those wall chargers to run for most of the day on a continuous basis.
    I still have to properly look into this to see what exactly the norm is for achieving the Emerson effect.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-01-20), thelastrebel (12-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    Didn't really think about watts yet but thinking about putting 4 diodes on there maybe? 2 red and 2 far red.
    And for me it would purely be for the Emerson effect, don't really trust those wall chargers to run for most of the day on a continuous basis.
    I still have to properly look into this to see what exactly the norm is for achieving the Emerson effect.
    Nah I wouldn't be too keen on running LEDs on a wall charger for extended periods either. Not something I've ever considered to be honest, I can't really think how the two would match up. I'd guess at least some must be workable? With 4 cree xp-es you'd be looking at somewhere in the region of 4W I guess depending on how hard you run them, and you can probably get away with running them quite a bit hotter in your setup than I can. That puck that rapid made was also just 4 diodes I think and they said you could use it for something like 1 square meter - going by that you should be grand with yours.

Meant to take pics today but forgot, sorry chaps. Not all that much excitement in the last few days anyway though to be fair. Closest thing to excitement is I've put the same desk cooler/humidifier back in I used a couple of grows back to save faffing about with domes - not sure why I didn't think of that to begin with to be honest.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (16-01-20), GEORGE (16-01-20), v12xjs (20-01-20)

Thanks

Down to one now and at day 12 I think it is above soil. Seems to be doing ok now. I think it's maybe a day or two behind the bluemativ for growth but that might make sense on the basis the bluematic is a faster strain on paper.

The dark spots are just soil by the way, nothing to worry about!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (23-01-20), GEORGE (19-01-20), v12xjs (20-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thelastrebel View Post

Down to one now and at day 12 I think it is above soil. Seems to be doing ok now. I think it's maybe a day or two behind the bluemativ for growth but that might make sense on the basis the bluematic is a faster strain on paper.

The dark spots are just soil by the way, nothing to worry about!
    Looking good there

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-20), thelastrebel (23-01-20)

Thanks

Cheers CG mate, yeah seems to be plodding along ok. Couple of what look like burn marks on the near leaves here, I snipped a few off that were showing worse as well. Could just have been something spilled or water droplets or something but I'll keep an eye on it.

Something I seem to get a lot also is the slight canoeing that happens just at the jagged edges of the leaves, particularly in veg. I tend to put it down to minor light stress and so I don't worry about it much. Bugging me this time though because I don't want to turn the light down and lose growth, or turn it up too high and burn the plant! I'm going to end up investing in PAR meters etc at this rate...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (25-03-20), GEORGE (24-01-20)

small plantation outside kingston jamaica
    Thanks

Loving watching the new grows dude. I have a question if I may? Your first attempt produced a squat, bushy plant as you'll recall, but now I see leggy plants in this thread. Why is this, did you nail it down? Where the lights too strong throughout the first grow in seed and veg, hence the very small plants with very small nodes?

Always lurking

Cheers fella.

New PC Build coming soon

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (25-03-20), GEORGE (24-03-20), thelastrebel (26-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

I'm betting it's more soil now

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (25-03-20), GEORGE (25-03-20), thelastrebel (26-03-20)

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast