Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: LED PC case growing with TheLastRebel

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,368 Times

Here's the kushes, they're not so bad I guess. Just small and slow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191106-181945.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	376922

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (06-11-19), GEORGE (06-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

2 now? Been impressed up till now and no reason to doubt you. Wish I had your diaries for inspiration when I lived with my parents growing up lol

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (07-11-19), GEORGE (07-11-19), IceCalibur (07-11-19), thelastrebel (07-11-19)

Thanks

Thanks Silk - yeah now my jars are well stocked I'm thinking about growing for variety rather than volume for a bit - will see how it goes!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (07-11-19), GEORGE (07-11-19), Trex (07-11-19)

Thanks

Quick update folks, my heart's not really in this experiment as you know and it's not exactly been a runaway success so far. It's been interesting, but I haven't been able to get the feed right in small pots and without training one of the girls shot up to the lights in stretch and so I had to chop her head off in the early stages of flower, which isn't exactly what the textbooks recommend! Both plants have been slow, although one is a better shape for what I was trying to do with them. If I had the time to let them finish I'd probably get some decent smoke still, but never mind eh?

On the plus side the bluematic has cured really well - a really sticky, slightly medicinal sort of smell and taste. Still a really well balanced stone, not so much of a high - though with more of the giggles now than at first I think.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (05-01-20), GEORGE (25-11-19), Valentina (04-01-20)

Thanks

Just read the whole thread and loved watching it all unfold. You've absolutely smashed it there @rebel, massive props to you for that.
    Just to warn you though...once you know you can do it, it can become a bit of an obsession to do it better.
    I've been at it for years now and I just started another perpetual cycle in mine with loads of new changes

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to v12xjs For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (05-01-20), GEORGE (05-01-20), IceCalibur (04-01-20), M_C (04-01-20), thelastrebel (05-01-20), Valentina (04-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by v12xjs View Post
    Just read the whole thread and loved watching it all unfold. You've absolutely smashed it there @rebel, massive props to you for that.
    Just to warn you though...once you know you can do it, it can become a bit of an obsession to do it better.
    I've been at it for years now and I just started another perpetual cycle in mine with loads of new changes
    Hello mate, thanks for stopping by. Yeah I've got plenty of plans too and things to add - I've been meaning to add side lighting for a while now and might do that in the next few months. I've also been toying with the idea of a thermoelectric cooling system - I can't figure out how to fit something neatly into the case itself but I think I've got an idea of how to incorporate it into a sort of platform under the case that would retain the stealth element and cool my intake air, that's a possibility for the summer.

Quite coincidental timing - I was thinking of posting an update soon as I dropped a pair of NL beans yesterday for a new year grow. I'm just going to do one plant again (the two kushes disn't feel like a very good use of the space in the end) but they were free seeds so I'll just see which gets off to a better start.

The kushes weren't a total loss despite not finishing, they got far enough to add some potency to my last batch of cooking oil so that's something.
    Last edited by thelastrebel; 05-01-20 at 05:18 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (12-01-20), GEORGE (05-01-20), v12xjs (05-01-20)

Thanks

I think you'll like NL, very uniform and tough as old boots. Which breeder are they from?
    Surprised to hear you are looking for more cooling though, I wouldn't have expected much heat from those strips.
    Will be really interested in seeing how you utilise that sidelighting as well, I'm currently doing something along those lines to try and create a circadian effect.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to v12xjs For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (12-01-20), GEORGE (05-01-20), thelastrebel (05-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by v12xjs View Post
    I think you'll like NL, very uniform and tough as old boots. Which breeder are they from?
    Surprised to hear you are looking for more cooling though, I wouldn't have expected much heat from those strips.
    Will be really interested in seeing how you utilise that sidelighting as well, I'm currently doing something along those lines to try and create a circadian effect.
    Yeah it's hard to find a bad review of NL so I'm hoping I'll enjoy it. The breeder is RQS - they're the only breeder I've bought since starting and I've had 100% germ rate and really no complaints with them so far so I'm thinking don't fix what ain't broke! The next one after this will be a proper go at the bubble kush, then I have a couple more of the bluematic seeds I can run since I really like the strain, or instead for variety I might try something else. Wouldn't mind doing a cookies sometime...

Yeah with temperature I'm fine for most of the year but summer is a struggle. The lights are excellent for efficiency and if I crank up my outtake fans I get some pretty good airflow but because I made the decision to insulate my case with rubber sheet it's not the best at expelling heat. At the moment, with lights at full whack and fans sub-audible, it runs around 5-6°C above ambient and if I add more light that will only go up. Where I'm living just now indoor temperatures in summer get up to around 27-28°, so I do need something to bring that down a bit if I'm going to grow all year. I don't need to grow all year and I don't need to grow with lights on full necessarily, but solving problems is half the fun with micro growing so I'd like to crack this one if I can. Or at least have a stab at it.

The sidelighting will be some combination of 3000K white diodes as well as red and far red diodes, hoping to mimic the fact that sunrise and sunset light is redder, and will be on a separate timer. Hopefully I'll get something of an Emerson effect as well as simply more spread of light watts to aid growth. I've considered multiple small drivers to have electronic PWM control over the daily cycle but the programming and stuff seems like a bit too much of a faff for now - maybe one day! What does your solution look like?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (12-01-20), GEORGE (06-01-20), v12xjs (06-01-20)

Thanks

Hey rebel, I didn't try the RQS seeds in the case yet so I'll be interested to see how they work out for you. I have done some of their stuff outdoors though and was more than happy

The circadian lights are really simple, 3 x 20w LED floods on seperate timers:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1110044.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	378546

Things have changed a little now though as the 2700k unit developed a fault and I've replaced it with a Budmaster GOD II.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to v12xjs For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (12-01-20), GEORGE (06-01-20), thelastrebel (07-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

I've done NL autos from rqs a couple times now. Still my favourite smoke grown so far. Just watch out for rot near the end. Could have been other factors than the strain, but humidity was low and fans circulating but I got hit by it every time. Still got plenty of good bud from it though and was sad to smoke the last of it.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (12-01-20), GEORGE (07-01-20), thelastrebel (07-01-20), v12xjs (20-01-20)

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast