Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sulphur deficiency. ?

Starcodex Guest

Default Sulphur deficiency. ?

Afternoon everyone.

Just nipped home to check on my grow And one of my two white widows is showing yellow blotches on her leaves which look like they are turning grey, Its almost like a camouflage pattern... I had a look on Google to see if i could find any similar images. And found one image that mentions a sulphur deficiency.

I'd like to confirm if this is a sulphur deficiency. And what can I do about it.

What do you guys think.?

Thanks.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-08-19), Itslittyofc (27-08-19)

3. Default

Hmm you know I could be wrong here but it doesn't look like a deficiency to me, it looks like a mixture of splash burn and damaged leaves when they were younger?

Would you be able to get a nice close-up crispy shot of this area in particular?..(to rule out pest damage) ;

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Starcodex Guest

Thanks for replying ice. I almost forgot I posted this thread

I plucked the leaves off the plant so I could get a better shot.

I'd like to think that the damage was mechanical or like you say splash. But I really am too careful when handling plant's.. I dare say if it was caused by some pesky insect that every other plant in my tent would have the same symptoms.

Wouldn't it...?

Here's some better pics I hope.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-08-19), IceCalibur (26-08-19), Itslittyofc (27-08-19)

7. Default

You're welcome mate,

Hmm so this is interesting, yeah that's I wanted a close-up so we can rule out pest damage here..and there are no signs of it on these pics...but you say this is the only plant showing these symptoms, are they are all on the exact same feeding schedule?..all same strain?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

9. Default

Please answer these questions too Starcodex so we can more accurately identify the cause ;

Soil or hydro or coco:

Strain:

Photo or Auto:

plant age:

pot size:

has it been repotted? and when?:

soil type:

nutes or additives used and how often for soil:

Air temps (max min):

Res temps (max min):

humidity:

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl):

Light schedule:

ph level:

EC (hydro and coco only)

Background EC.

feed schedule and nutes (for hydro and coco)

anything else you think may be relevant!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Starcodex Guest

Hello again ice..

Im currently running other auto's in the same tent but they are just seedlings. And they look super healthy.

Atm though I've 2 white widows. They are both the same age although one is alot further on than the other. The one that's further on is the one I mentioned here in the infirmary a few weeks back. I was concerned over small rips and holes in new leaf growth. She seems to be doing a good job now..anyway a thought I'd mention that to save confusion over the two.

OK here goes

Soil or hydro or coco: soil

Strain: ww by pyramid seeds

Photo or Auto: Auto

plant age: 35 days

pot size: 11 litres

has it been repotted? and when? Yes and Day 12

soil type: Jack's magic

nutes or additives used and how often: Nothing yet. Formulex was used during the seedling stage. Since then it's been on ashbeck Minera water from tesco.

Air temps (max min): 28 / 19

Res temps (max min): n/a

humidity: 54%

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl): viparspectra r300w

Light schedule: 18/6

ph level: unknown

EC (hydro and coco only) n/a

Background EC. Unknown

feed schedule and nutes (for hydro and coco)

anything else you think may be relevant!

Noticed flies buzzing about my tent the other day. Can't think of anything else fucking hell. It's 00.19am an I'm up at 6 .

Fuck sake... Thanks again ice.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-08-19), IceCalibur (27-08-19), Itslittyofc (27-08-19)

13. Default

Thanks for filling that out Starcodex and you're welcome, this could be PH problems..but tell me this, when you use the Ashbeck Mineral water, do you use it all once opened or do you end up closing the lid and using again to water?

I'll tell you why I ask..I know Ashbeck Mineral water is supposed to be bottled at 6.2PH..but I did a test a few months back when I first purchased my brand new PH pen, and the bottled water after being opened and left for a few days (with lid closed), climbed to over 8.1PH

I know many say you don't need to PH in soil, but at extreme measurements, I truly believe it can affect the plants.

I could be wrong of course and I'd recommend you wait for other opinions too

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-08-19), Itslittyofc (27-08-19)

Starcodex Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Thanks for filling that out Starcodex and you're welcome, this could be PH problems..but tell me this, when you use the Ashbeck Mineral water, do you use it all once opened or do you end up closing the lid and using again to water?

I'll tell you why I ask..I know Ashbeck Mineral water is supposed to be bottled at 6.2PH..but I did a test a few months back when I first purchased my brand new PH pen, and the bottled water after being opened and left for a few days (with lid closed), climbed to over 8.1PH

I know many say you don't need to PH in soil, but at extreme measurements, I truly believe it can affect the plants.

I could be wrong of course and I'd recommend you wait for other opinions too
    Thanks again dude.

I used to buy the big 5 litre bottles which would mean the water would end up sitting until next used. I then found the 2 litre bottles which is what I'm currently going for. The 2 litres usually gets spread out between my other plants.

As for the pH testing and a pH pen, That's my next purchase whenever I free some credit on my cc. Do you think the paper testing kits will be accurate enough?

I checked on my grow this morning and that yellow blotches is starting to appear in other places around the plant. Ffs. I can see me dumping it outside in my secret guerrilla grow location. Im surprised that my other widow isn't affected. But then when you compare side by side. You'd think that one was further on than the other. I've uploaded a pic of the two widows to show the difference in height.

Ahhhhh hold on..

I recall a few weeks back where I believed the particular widow suffered a bout of being overwatered. I didn't water her again until she felt dry which took almost a whole week.

Did that see the growth being stunted or just slow right down and in the long term cause the leaf discolouration.

You know man....
    Its a fking pain in the ass this growing carryon. I'd love to just give it up but id be fked for getting my medication. And I'd be miserable again. Lol.

Last edited by Starcodex; 27-08-19 at 07:30 AM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-08-19), IceCalibur (27-08-19), Itslittyofc (27-08-19)

17. Default

You're welcome Starcodex, sorry I'm not being very helpful in this situation..

I don't think those paper testing kits are very accurate, so I would save up and invest in something decent...again this is my opinion and many here would say you don't even need to test PH in soil so totally your choice.

Hold up with the blotching girl, let's see if anyone else has some opinions that might help

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-08-19), Itslittyofc (27-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,948 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Starcodex View Post
    Thanks again dude.

I used to buy the big 5 litre bottles which would mean the water would end up sitting until next used. I then found the 2 litre bottles which is what I'm currently going for. The 2 litres usually gets spread out between my other plants.

As for the pH testing and a pH pen, That's my next purchase whenever I free some credit on my cc. Do you think the paper testing kits will be accurate enough?

I checked on my grow this morning and that yellow blotches is starting to appear in other places around the plant. Ffs. I can see me dumping it outside in my secret guerrilla grow location. Im surprised that my other widow isn't affected. But then when you compare side by side. You'd think that one was further on than the other. I've uploaded a pic of the two widows to show the difference in height.

Ahhhhh hold on..

I recall a few weeks back where I believed the particular widow suffered a bout of being overwatered. I didn't water her again until she felt dry which took almost a whole week.

Did that see the growth being stunted or just slow right down and in the long term cause the leaf discolouration.

You know man....
    Its a fking pain in the ass this growing carryon. I'd love to just give it up but id be fked for getting my medication. And I'd be miserable again. Lol.

I’ve not got answer for what’s wrong with em mate, but I can answer about the testing kits... litmus paper is probably the easiest way of roughly testing pH but you’ll have nearly no idea past knowing an exact value like 7 or 8. Then there’s indicator liquid, which I do use. It’s slightly more accurate as it shows colour changes in increments of .5, so you’d know 7, 7.5, 8. I use this because after a while of using a pH pen I get paranoid that it’s gotten out of whack and break out the indicator to check again but a reliable pH pen is always better mate
    So if your in a bind at the minute the indicator is useful to help keep you on track until you can grab your new pH pen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-08-19), IceCalibur (27-08-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast