Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Purple light VS Sunlike light

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Well couldn't say the same about MH Lighting? It does also grow bigger Buds, and the down fall on small amount of THC lost couldn't be much you would think, Not real sure though.
    The interesting thing about MH is the low PAR. It gives off roughly half PAR for each watt compared to HPS. This is what puts people off using in flower.

THC is said to be better with MH imo

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (30-08-19), curiouscultivator (30-08-19), GEORGE (30-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,460 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    The interesting thing about MH is the low PAR. It gives off roughly half PAR for each watt compared to HPS. This is what puts people off using in flower.

THC is said to be better with MH imo
    I must have read it backwards, I always thought it lost somewhere between 1 to 3%. But with all these High THC strains, I'm sure we wouldn't even miss that much, I mean really with 20+ THC strains, down to 18+ I don't think you would know much difference. I know any weed with 15% and up intends to fuck me up nicely. So if it is the other way, Why do we by all the high dollar HPS bulbs, and not just use the MH through the whole grow?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (30-08-19), curiouscultivator (30-08-19), gardro (30-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I must have read it backwards, I always thought it lost somewhere between 1 to 3%. But with all these High THC strains, I'm sure we wouldn't even miss that much, I mean really with 20+ THC strains, down to 18+ I don't think you would know much difference. I know any weed with 15% and up intends to fuck me up nicely. So if it is the other way, Why do we by all the high dollar HPS bulbs, and not just use the MH through the whole grow?
    High dollar HPS because PAR per watt is much higher than MH, nearly twice as much

Grow 2 plants

One 600w hps
    One 1200w mh

There wont be too much difference in yield

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (30-08-19), curiouscultivator (30-08-19), GEORGE (30-08-19), IceCalibur (30-08-19)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4