Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bloody ph pen

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Yes sir . My HM is fucking up already . Its barely 6 months old ffs . Stays at one reading so i keep adjusting then bang drop from 6.7 to 4 for example .

Im gonna invest in a Lab quality one and just replace probes . An all in one e.c and ph with 2 probes . No more fuckin around .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    I'm still on the Milwaukee PH 55 that you suggested. Got me through my last grow perfectly while the HM and Blulab both failed. Have nothing going atm so cannot speak for longevity.
    I would like to see what you end up going with. Gonna get of my ass and get a grow started soon. Just gotta finish the room and pick a medium. Lol

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

gardro (03-09-19), GEORGE (03-09-19), IceCalibur (03-09-19), Trex (03-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

I had my pen for about a year so can't complain really. I'm just complaining about my plants now lol but as I say had the same thing every time my mates gave me cuts. Last time had the next plants in straight away had to wait a bit this time and they are tiny. Just makes everything feel long lol hoping another two weeks and everything will be sweet. Then another 2/3 weeks vegging before I flip them. Fingers crossed

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

gardro (03-09-19), GEORGE (03-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    I'm still on the Milwaukee PH 55 that you suggested. Got me through my last grow perfectly while the HM and Blulab both failed. Have nothing going atm so cannot speak for longevity.
    I would like to see what you end up going with. Gonna get of my ass and get a grow started soon. Just gotta finish the room and pick a medium. Lol
    Ohhh shit now that you mention it i still yave the milwaukee ph55 tucked away . Damn totally forgot i had that ffs lol .

Milwaukee has never failed me . Not one bit .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

gardro (03-09-19), GEORGE (03-09-19), IceCalibur (03-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

I have tried many PH pens, cheapo's and over priced Essentials brand ALL were crap. Now use Apera brand about £48.00 on Amazon, I would NEVER use anything else. IMHO best PH meter out there for the price, I calibrate mine around once per month but most times there is no need. They come with calibration fluid and case. Very fast and accurate.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (04-09-19), gardro (03-09-19), GEORGE (03-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,286 Times

Can’t fault my essentials ph pen whenever I do calibrate it with the proper fluid the most it’s ever been out was 0.1

GROW DIARY LINKS:

When I mentored LewisR >>>
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...red-by-Squaggy

Squaggy does Coco. (Mentored by Bud Lightyear) >> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...Bud-Lightyear)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squaggy For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (04-09-19), GEORGE (03-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

I quite like the essentials pens tbh for that simple fact you can calibrate them. I have had the bluelab ec pen, one did last a long time. The other only a couple months. Then thought when it's out you can't calibrate it so went with an ec pen. Again one worked fine for about a year. Then I bought a new one and I didn't even get a full grow out of it. Can calibrate it and they same fluid I just used to set it will give a different reading the second I put it in again.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

British green (04-09-19), GEORGE (04-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bazilbrush View Post
    I quite like the essentials pens tbh for that simple fact you can calibrate them. I have had the bluelab ec pen, one did last a long time. The other only a couple months. Then thought when it's out you can't calibrate it so went with an ec pen. Again one worked fine for about a year. Then I bought a new one and I didn't even get a full grow out of it. Can calibrate it and they same fluid I just used to set it will give a different reading the second I put it in again.
    I take all my meters back to the shop once a year for free calibration Holland hydro offers this as a free service and it's three point checked

in a green and pleasant land

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-09-19), Sadface (04-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    I take all my meters back to the shop once a year for free calibration Holland hydro offers this as a free service and it's three point checked

once a yr ?? supposed to do that once a week , rinse clean calibrate ...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-09-19), IceCalibur (04-09-19), Sadface (04-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    once a yr ?? supposed to do that once a week , rinse clean calibrate ...
    When I used them I did but it was nice too take them back and get them done free .
    I've not used them since growing in soil and that's been two years now.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-09-19), IceCalibur (04-09-19), Trex (04-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    When I used them I did but it was nice too take them back and get them done free .
    I've not used them since growing in soil and that's been two years now.

oh ok lol was wondering

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

British green (04-09-19), GEORGE (04-09-19), IceCalibur (04-09-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast