Thread: To trust or not to trust??? Bluelab ph pen

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

Default Answered: To trust or not to trust??? Bluelab ph pen

So went to grab my kit for my auto grow and bam my fucking bluelab ph pen has dried.

I stuck it in calibration fluid and reset it, seems to work fine....but. is there any risk the accuracy is fooked now?

So unsure, but the thing seems fine...
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    So went to grab my kit for my auto grow and bam my fucking bluelab ph pen has dried.

I stuck it in calibration fluid and reset it, seems to work fine....but. is there any risk the accuracy is fooked now?

I think you should be fine SmobyToker#1, if it happens repeatedly it could cause issues for you but keep your eye on it each time you use it and see how far off the accuracy is to know for sure "

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

British green (03-09-19), curiouscultivator (03-09-19), GEORGE (03-09-19), Mac (03-09-19)

4. Default

I think you should be fine SmobyToker#1, if it happens repeatedly it could cause issues for you but keep your eye on it each time you use it and see how far off the accuracy is to know for sure

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (03-09-19), GEORGE (03-09-19), Mac (03-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (04-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

I left mine unused for a year. Left it to rest in some distilled water and then calibrated it and regularly checked it and all was good with it .
    Just keeping checking it against something you know the ph off like bottled water

in a green and pleasant land

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

AND (03-09-19), curiouscultivator (03-09-19), GEORGE (03-09-19), Mac (03-09-19), Shreder (03-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (04-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Thankyou both of you. this has reassured me that i needn't buy a new one Big plus at the minute!

Auto's rolling out real soon. Had a disaster! the missus threw away the stardawg seed i had in a beaker of water. Total bummer set me back days and 50 quid lighter. Hopefully that's all the fuck ups out the way eh! Mon the autos

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times
    Provided Answers: 42

Use it a bit . Thrn recalibrate . My milwaukee been sitting over 6 months . Dry as fuck and shes still spot on

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (05-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,385 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

Exactly the same issue here too. I cleaned it and calibrated and hoping for the best

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Those who mind don't matter, those that matter don't mind!

Current grow- https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...600w-Mars-Leds

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times
    Provided Answers: 24

The only problem with blue lab ph pens sitting for ages is the probe dehydrating.
    No big deal IMO. A had mine for years n its been left a few times to dry out. But its still going strong. Just sit it in water for 24 hours and calibrate it like normal.
    N just make sure the wee sponge in the cap is soaked before putting the cap on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

British green (07-09-19), GEORGE (05-09-19)