Thread: Hermie Question

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Default Hermie Question

Dont ask why I think of these stupid ass questions,i just do....But, for those of us who have been unfortunate enough for your once beautiful girl to start growing nads, it's a headache. So my question is this,as far as I understand it, to make feminized seeds,you need two females and one of them you need to stress out enough,(using various methods,) for it to start growing said nads to which you use to pollinate the other female with and eventually they will produce feminized seeds....correct? Sooooo, can you/is it possible to stress a male plant to hermie and produce female 'bits' and then create seeds from that and what would those seeds be like?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

British green (05-09-19), G' (06-09-19), GEORGE (05-09-19), Valentina (05-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

No it's not possible

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

G' (06-09-19), GEORGE (05-09-19), IceCalibur (05-09-19), Kurdt (05-09-19), M_C (05-09-19)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    No it's not possible
    I believe Sad is right here, the whole stress factor turning our beautiful females to males is all to do with survival...a female can't ensure her genetics will be spread, which is why she turns 'hermie' growing pollen sacs allowing her to then spread her genes for miles through pollen.

That's how I understand it anyway

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

G' (06-09-19), GEORGE (05-09-19), Kurdt (05-09-19), Valentina (05-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Default Hermie Question

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    Dont ask why I think of these stupid ass questions,i just do....But, for those of us who have been unfortunate enough for your once beautiful girl to start growing nads, it's a headache. So my question is this,as far as I understand it, to make feminized seeds,you need two females and one of them you need to stress out enough,(using various methods,) for it to start growing said nads to which you use to pollinate the other female with and eventually they will produce feminized seeds....correct? Sooooo, can you/is it possible to stress a male plant to hermie and produce female 'bits' and then create seeds from that and what would those seeds be like?
    Misconceptions is that you use a female to stress and turn male . It's the last bit that's wrong. A male grows balls which open with a head of tiny bananas which hold regular pollen . A hermie grows both male and female parts and self pollinates with mix of both male female and the hermie traits. To make pollen your basically after a female plant right at the end of her life when she realised she hasn't been pollinated and wants to survive so pushes out a last ditch attempt of self pollination and grows the odd tiny banana.
    When you breed female beans you force the above process and grow bananas rather than just the male part of a flower imo

in a green and pleasant land
    Last edited by British green; 05-09-19 at 07:35 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

G' (06-09-19), GEORGE (05-09-19), IceCalibur (05-09-19), Kurdt (05-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Default Hermie Question

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Misconceptions is that you use a female to stress and turn male . It's the last bit that's wrong. A male grows balls which open with a head of tiny bananas which hold regular pollen . A hermie grows both male and female parts and self pollinates with mix of both male female and the hermie traits. To make pollen your basically after a female plant right at the end of her life when she realised she hasn't been pollinated and wants to survive so pushes out a last ditch attempt of self pollination and grows the odd tiny banana.
    When you breed female beans you force the above process and grow bananas rather than just the male part of a flower imo

ohhh,thanks for that
    Last edited by British green; 05-09-19 at 07:35 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

G' (06-09-19), GEORGE (05-09-19), IceCalibur (05-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Whilst we are on the subject, are feminised seeds less good for breeding? Or is this another roll of the dice, like many things in life?
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

G' (06-09-19), GEORGE (05-09-19), IceCalibur (05-09-19), Kurdt (05-09-19)

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Misconceptions is that you use a female to stress and turn male . It's the last bit that's wrong. A male grows balls which open with a head of tiny bananas which hold regular pollen . A hermie grows both male and female parts and self pollinates with mix of both male female and the hermie traits. To make pollen your basically after a female plant right at the end of her life when she realised she has been pollinated and wants to survive so pushes out a last ditch attempt of self pollination and grows the odd tiny banana.

Very good point Bg, not only can a hermie spread it's pollen far and wide, but it's the self-pollination that is key here.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Whilst we are on the subject, are feminised seeds less good for breeding? Or is this another roll of the dice, like many things in life?
    Regs are the best and then pheno selection from them .
    Fems are ok for breeding but you need good stable strong genes from a already trusted breeder . It's not like it cannot be done I'm sure most of the seeds we see are bred like this especially if they are in it for the money.

Regs would be my choice for breeding or for a mother

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post: