Thread: Grow light into mini greenhouse?

Thanks

Default Grow light into mini greenhouse?

Hey rockstars.

For those living in the UK, it seems like the days are getting colder and day light is getting shorter.

At the moment, I've got a mini greenhouse with a 1 small plant (my first grow) outside in my garden facing South (see attached image).

I'm on a tight budget and don't want get into all the indoor growing and big green house at this moment...I'm starting off small and slowly as I build my confidence, knowledge and experience, I'll invest in either a bigger greenhouse or a indoor grow tent. However, for now, I would like to ensure that this plant in the mini greenhouse produces some fairly good results and now my concern is the drop in temperature starting.

I was thinking maybe I can move the mini greenhouse, just outside our bedroom between the bins, where I can connect a grow light and fan to an extension lead (keeping it water proof and covered). The thing is, it's a small bungalow and I don't have much space to setup an indoor grow tent and my wife is concerned if it was inside, that the sound of the fan will keep her up all night in the next room.

Your thoughts?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small greenhouse.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	375465  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naz007 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-09-19), Greengrass (07-09-19), Kurdt (07-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Light would have to be something small as otherwise plastic would melt and I would maybe cut a hole in the top of the greenhouse and put fan underneath plant and blow upwards otherwise its not going to do much...

What are your plans when it starts to smell ?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-09-19), Greengrass (07-09-19), Kurdt (07-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Light would have to be something small as otherwise plastic would melt and I would maybe cut a hole in the top of the greenhouse and put fan underneath plant and blow upwards otherwise its not going to do much...

What are your plans when it starts to smell ?
    Will a grow light (see attached) be suffice? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grow light.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	375467
    There's already a small gap underneath the greenhouse where I can feed electrical extension cable for the light and fan.

Regarding smell, I can cross that bridge when it comes. Do I really need a extractor fan or carbon filter? Is that only for the smell?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naz007 For This Useful Post:

AND (07-09-19), GEORGE (07-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

CF and extraction is for smell, yes but you'll probably get away with it if you already smoke and I cant see that light doing much but yeah...go for it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    CF and extraction is for smell, yes but you'll probably get away with it if you already smoke and I cant see that light doing much but yeah...go for it
    Will I have to cover (shade) the greenhouse, by placing a dark waterproof reflective blanket to cover it?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Naz007 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,745 Times

Whilst it may seem a good idea, there are too many things against it
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

Agreed.. Fire hazard

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-09-19)