Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Just want to check im not rusty and wrecking my seedlings.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times
    Provided Answers: 9

I grow in coco and always seem to start slowly. For me I think it was down to temps being a bit low.
    They do seem to stop growing for a good few days after sprouting whilst roots do their thing. I'm currently giving canna start a go. Had mixed results using the same feed in the same environment so blaming it on the strains I chose when one reacts differently lol.
    I use 1ml per litre of rhizo in my feed. Also follow the general consensus of using the final pot from the get go as you dont want to stunt the growth when transplanting.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-09-19), GEORGE (10-09-19), Jumper114 (10-09-19), Patrice (11-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (11-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times
    Provided Answers: 17

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Right ok, i tried with Stardawg again and dropped 4 beans to pop.

2 opened and grew 1mm taproots, then promptly stopped growing anymore. After 4 days i had an inspection, the insides had all turned to mush, the seeds are fucked.

So i complained and got a 5 pack of gorilla glue auto and a 5 pack of girl scout cookies free.

So the new beans are in water as i write.

The gelato's are not doing as well as i hoped, they seem to be really lingering....These have been up above ground for 11 days now but i'm greeted with what looks like a 4-5 day old seedlings.

What the hell am i doing wrong.....

Someone please talk me through their success as i feel like i'm having non,

What i do - fill pots (1/2 litre) with coco, insert seed around 10mm down with root down. Leave for few days to pop up...then, Make up a litre of water with 2 mls rhizo and 0.2 EC coco A and B on top of my 0.4 back ground. Watering once a day but now doing twice....

So just to ensure i get some plants i now have 7 seeds cracking ffs.....

This is getting silly now man who grows huge plants and gets big yields can not even get a seedling to grow wtf? I remember now the last time i did this exact way of growing starting in coco, i had problems, but that was down to a new product called start, it wasnt enough and so i started to use coco Aand B and bam off they went in 1 day new growth all over. But this time is worse. No use of start just Aand B And i have now gone through, hhhhmmmm let me count, 16 seeds and only have 4 babies whilst waiting on the 7 to crack, i have wasted 2-3 weeks and my time.

Really starting to wonder about my home, we all feel ill at times for no reason, and we are finding, any seed whether its veg for the garden or corn flowers they all seem to suffer until planted outside. No one smokes in the home and we are cleaner than most ppl. So i am just like fuck sake i just want some xmas weed grumble grumble.....lol and all i can smell is some old boy up the hill smoking ganga that i dont have.....

Meh!!!! I am defo stumped, why so hard to get anything growing?????
    Have you considered buying some distilled water and building your feed from scratch? Fiver for 5 lt.

Extreme I know. But I grow seeds at 0.3 EC..... you are starting at 0.6. Who knows how your water changes week to week?

I would also second Silks questions about temp. I tried a virgin media box and it melted my germing seeds.

I now use the corner of the groom.... much better and temp controlled ;-) Although at 26C-30C higher than recommend.

I let the seed soak for 12-24 hrs and then into pre-moistend coco (0.3 @ 5.8 - coco, mykos and perlite mixed in a bag - squirted and then squeezed out, damp only).

Seed in 1 inch down and then wrapped in a plastic bag till above dirt.
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-09-19), GEORGE (10-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (11-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

I'm really pleased ppl are helping. However, today i see a deficiency on the top new growth (tiny growth) its purpling which means to me that either the feed is off or the root hairs are being eaten, either way im nearly half way through my auto vegging with only a 1 inch set of seedlings, unfortunately i feel i wil have to dump the lot and maybe just not grow for a while, something is really off in this house.
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-09-19), GEORGE (11-09-19), Patrice (11-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper114 View Post
    Have you considered buying some distilled water and building your feed from scratch? Fiver for 5 lt.

Extreme I know. But I grow seeds at 0.3 EC..... you are starting at 0.6. Who knows how your water changes week to week?

I would also second Silks questions about temp. I tried a virgin media box and it melted my germing seeds.

I now use the corner of the groom.... much better and temp controlled ;-) Although at 26C-30C higher than recommend.

I let the seed soak for 12-24 hrs and then into pre-moistend coco (0.3 @ 5.8 - coco, mykos and perlite mixed in a bag - squirted and then squeezed out, damp only).

Seed in 1 inch down and then wrapped in a plastic bag till above dirt.
    Tbh mate i dont see how my feed can be off, or any nat damage to the roots, so the only other thing is what you mention about water. Only thing is mate when its all going strong i get through 20-30 litres a day

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-09-19), GEORGE (11-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    I grow in coco and always seem to start slowly. For me I think it was down to temps being a bit low.
    They do seem to stop growing for a good few days after sprouting whilst roots do their thing. I'm currently giving canna start a go. Had mixed results using the same feed in the same environment so blaming it on the strains I chose when one reacts differently lol.
    I use 1ml per litre of rhizo in my feed. Also follow the general consensus of using the final pot from the get go as you dont want to stunt the growth when transplanting.
    I hear you silkadin but these are not even rooting out 1/2 litre pots never mind big ones. Thanks fella

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So i m seeing a purple hue to the very tip of new growth. Should i just bin these and start again. Its nearly 2 weeks since cracking them, and i only get around 4 weeks to veg them. Should i bin and start again.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Looks too me like a phosphorus issue, which is odd as my feed is more than suitable at 0.2 on top of 0.4 total of 0.6, ph 5.8 and temps light on 25 and off 20-22 c

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What a waste

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times
    Provided Answers: 17

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Tbh mate i dont see how my feed can be off, or any nat damage to the roots, so the only other thing is what you mention about water. Only thing is mate when its all going strong i get through 20-30 litres a day
    I just meant at the beginning.

I make about 55lt of RO a day. Worth the fifty squid for me.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper114 View Post
    I just meant at the beginning.

I make about 55lt of RO a day. Worth the fifty squid for me.
    ah ok i get you, funny my missus said same as you lol. i will get some, can you suggest a good one i can get in asda, tesco or sopme where like that, thanbks Jumper mate you've been a star trying to help me out

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast