Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: rust spots...AGAIN!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

One other thing i failed to ask, you have only used 100 % organic products?

What i'm asking is you have not used anything that is likely to mess up the bacteria in the soil which has screwed the ph and locked out the plant. If you have then i would go shopping for some canna trichoderma (about a tenner) and then perform a leeching of the soil not an aggressive flushing as such as you dont want to flush away the exchange sites in the root ball. Follow that up with a good organic feed and sprinkle some trichoderma on top of the pot before watering. I know its an innoculant but their is no harm in adding more microherd.

Another factor is - how have you been maintaining a healthy microherd? I used to use black strap mollases for this. But there is bound to be a product around now that is less messy.

Edit - from memory the PM oldtimer range was mollases based, which would do the same as using black strap.
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (09-09-19), CityDweller (09-09-19), Gaz (09-09-19), GEORGE (09-09-19), Kurdt (09-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

I'll try and take on board what everyone has said. Yup,have ruled out it cant be the soil... Have only ever used OT grow,bloom and pk 4-8 for previous grows,(and its happened, in fact,the blackberry i did before i fed early and she ended up in the worst state!,) My last 2 grows i used just organicus 99, the northern lights turned out fine,no issues but the blackberry was badly affected. With this grow,just using organicus again,the dark devil's leaves are getting worse daily but the green crack is absolutely fine. Can I ask what strains people have grown where they've had similar issues with rust spots and dying leaves? I think it has to be a mixture of a few things. 1. The strain....as i said,it only happens with the dark bud plants. 2.The timing of the feeds with fast growing plants.Even though Ive played around with feed timings before and had the same problem, its something i still cant rule out. I'll master this bastard if it kills me! Thanks all!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (09-09-19), CityDweller (09-09-19), Gaz (09-09-19), GEORGE (09-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (09-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    I'll try and take on board what everyone has said. Yup,have ruled out it cant be the soil... Have only ever used OT grow,bloom and pk 4-8 for previous grows,(and its happened, in fact,the blackberry i did before i fed early and she ended up in the worst state!,) My last 2 grows i used just organicus 99, the northern lights turned out fine,no issues but the blackberry was badly affected. With this grow,just using organicus again,the dark devil's leaves are getting worse daily but the green crack is absolutely fine. Can I ask what strains people have grown where they've had similar issues with rust spots and dying leaves? I think it has to be a mixture of a few things. 1. The strain....as i said,it only happens with the dark bud plants. 2.The timing of the feeds with fast growing plants.Even though Ive played around with feed timings before and had the same problem, its something i still cant rule out. I'll master this bastard if it kills me! Thanks all!
    Ha ha yes mate thats the spirit, dont be beat! Hhhm i hear the black strains are the problem then! If other strains grow fine, then it must be a black thing. Is there some kind of need for them. i.e for example, black strains are essentially exhibiting their own form of sun block, that is why they have dark hues. This could, i say could (i'm not experienced enough) be an adverse reaction to light. But quite honestly i don't know. What does mr g say? google i mean

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Gaz (09-09-19), GEORGE (09-09-19), Kurdt (09-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Kurdt, are your "rust spots" anything like these:

The speculation for mine was heat stress leading to a false cal/mag deficiency. Your temps and humidity look alright though.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-09-19), IceCalibur (18-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (19-09-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2