Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Harnessing the competitiveness in Autos

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    It's not something I would contemplate... why not just use a lower quality light for a bit? Same thing....
    That is not replicating my proposal. If anything that would hurt the grow.

I am thinking the opposite. It is down to the Quantum Boards that we firstly have the intensity. That must not change. It is about the partial cover / shading that is driving the change in behaviour.

To be able to slow an auto down and let it turn into a big ball of leaves, remove shade and off she trots to finish that is fascinating. Many more tops, a slight delay to medium delay to harvest, but most importantly a plant that has competed her backside off to win in the environment. Taller, stronger and a desire to develop more bud.

Just a hypothesis currently ... but I am seeing some interesting results with staggered plants and heavy training with my current grow.
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-09-19), Herbitual (08-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (18-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Sounds interesting but 81 days on an auto that hasn’t flowered doesn’t sound appealing, I’d sooner be doing photoperiods within those time scales.
    Agreed, but I cannot grow photos due to owning a pair of pesky cats.

I would if I could. I think there may be others out there who could use these techniques to improve yield though!

The horizontal training is my primary interest and the way is slows and improves yield.

Not for some I agree. Nor for a beginner if I was totally honest.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

Blue (08-09-19), GEORGE (08-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (18-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper114 View Post
    Hello Talkers

I grow perpetually, as a few of us do.

For me, the idea of stalling an auto through training and environmental control is fascinating and something I have started to explore in more detail. The upside of this technique is much higher yields vs a cost of much longer harvest times.

The last couple of grows, I have noticed a new phenomenon. Autos when over shadowed seem to exhibit a desire to slow down and then when the shadow has been removed they are happy to march on. If anything reinvigorated. I have a White Widow at day 81 about to hit flower. A Blueberry Treacle, day 74 and a Sour Crack, day 64 all running very slow. Horizontal training is a big factor here however.

Where this take an interesting twist, is that I have noticed that when they shoot up, they try to match or out compete the largest plant in the groom, within reason of their genetics. Exactly as plants try to do in the wild. Competition for light or "slowing" as a survival mechanism,I would think, is most plants natural trait. Plants only want to max out their buds, pass on their genes and die.

I am going to try an experiment using a stand and card to simulate this effect, again vs a natural girl. Driving the girls using their own natural desires seems a good way to improve growing inside. Also gives us growers more control.

What do you think?

This is a topic I have researched and come up pretty blank.
    Funny we were talking the same stuff in pm's 2 hours before you posted this lol..Yes great stuff. Gonna have a good read up. Love the look of those autos you have going mate
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

God sounds so deep all this light depravation carry on. A simple training lst' stylee and topping should suffice for me..Sounds like you are onto a winner with these autos lad, how long you been growing then?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,982 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper114 View Post
    Hello Talkers

I grow perpetually, as a few of us do.

For me, the idea of stalling an auto through training and environmental control is fascinating and something I have started to explore in more detail. The upside of this technique is much higher yields vs a cost of much longer harvest times.

The last couple of grows, I have noticed a new phenomenon. Autos when over shadowed seem to exhibit a desire to slow down and then when the shadow has been removed they are happy to march on. If anything reinvigorated. I have a White Widow at day 81 about to hit flower. A Blueberry Treacle, day 74 and a Sour Crack, day 64 all running very slow. Horizontal training is a big factor here however.

Where this take an interesting twist, is that I have noticed that when they shoot up, they try to match or out compete the largest plant in the groom, within reason of their genetics. Exactly as plants try to do in the wild. Competition for light or "slowing" as a survival mechanism,I would think, is most plants natural trait. Plants only want to max out their buds, pass on their genes and die.

I am going to try an experiment using a stand and card to simulate this effect, again vs a natural girl. Driving the girls using their own natural desires seems a good way to improve growing inside. Also gives us growers more control.

What do you think?

This is a topic I have researched and come up pretty blank.
    Thinking about it now I might have experienced something like this myself when I grew my autos Outdoors in a bad environment and lighting.
    All of my Autos that I grew lived over 170 to 180 days maybe more nothing like the 10/12week seed to harvest recommend by the breeders even tho I know there not accurate, mine were very very slow not flowering for nearly 2 months. I reckon this was their Instinct to slow down and grow as much veg as they can before showing their sex and flowering to maximize their flower production just like you said jumper and when they matured they were Monsters!... With crap bud

I wonder if this is the same affect as your talking about. I did some small lst on my plants too.

I could be wrong but just a stoned thought

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GreenIRL; 18-09-19 at 06:32 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenIRL For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-09-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2