Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: grass smell but doesn't normally happen

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thehulk View Post
    Thanks for your advice I bought a hygrometer on advice from mc about 2 years ago... we are both in the same zone as to 65 which is where mine is at

... Although I had to rehydrate to get this and I have read that I'm wasting my time as the plant is dead and now all I'm doing is making a dead plant damp... But surely that moisture will move some flavour about dead or not.... Iv not produced for a year and it showed I did loads of newbie mistakes but my mate was,a cunt as he said dry it quickly then wasn't happy when it wasn't perfect... Again my fault I should of just gone on as I no... Reason I'm mentioning my mate I owe him a few oz either way he will get it mixed in with some good stuff ??
    Once it goes 55% or lower it cant be cured , you can just rehydrate , chalk it down to experiance , have lost crops myself . Guarenteed you wont get caught out that way again . Good luck

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cogangeezer For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (20-09-19), G' (16-09-19), GEORGE (12-09-19)

Thanks

Yes I read that to that you'd killed the plant so it was a waste of time... I definitely won't be doing it again and don't normally do such a thing
    On the good news I think the pineapple chunk is smelling better now it's got moisture in it... It will smell even better surrounded by another 3-4 oz I'll mix it up and repay my friend his loan from when he cropped
    AGAINST the legalization of cannabis.. the business is already set up do you want to work for some big company at minimum wage?

decriminalization is all we need.ask an American.. Where now they pay thc tax and can't afford enough Meds plus the card ruins most insurance ..no rant this is factual

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (14-09-19), G' (16-09-19), GEORGE (12-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I took a plant down on the night of the 10th and dried it indoors in my boot box after a couple of days i took out the smaller nugs and put them into a brown paper bag and onto my sky box those small nugs are now sitting in a jar reading 64% and smell beautiful and tastes as sweet as a nut the large nugs are jared up and reading 70% so i'm turning them out onto brown paper laid on my sky box for an hour or two a day and they are starting to smell pukka, i reckon another 3 or 4 days will see them sitting in the jars at around 64%/65% which is where i like my buds for smoking, be patient brother the nice smell should come soon, all the best G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

6. The Following User Says Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-09-19)

Thanks

Unfortunately guys Iv rehydrated Iv put it in jars... All the other weed is down now and this lot just isn't right... If leaving it will sort it then it's going to be leaving it a long long time... All my other weed is fine right through and now burping in jars. I recon I damaged the trichomes and so the terpines... It's just got this heavy underlying smell of not right... May just have to slip it down to experience and stick the odd bit here and there when I can... All the other bud of them strains do not smell like that and as it's not mold it's terpines and brushing off trichomes

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (20-09-19), G' (17-09-19), GEORGE (16-09-19)

Thanks

Just put 3 orange punch a bad azz lush an orange sherbet Iv been vegging for ages and another orange sherbet Iv saved from this grow that I'm going to try get to reveg. The nugs were so so fat... so 5 plants I'm going to veg them out till new year mayde see how fast they go... Plus I'd like to start a staggering grow phaze where a set few ripen every 2 weeks or month.. Use 2 tents or one tent and the room although last time I did that in winter I had heat problems

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

G' (17-09-19), GEORGE (16-09-19)

Thanks

Sorry to go on guys but am I being impatient?? That first weed I dried fast still has a minking underlying smell which has lifted slightly... But Iv got strains like cheddar which I hung for 4 the put in tubs and burb them when my hygrometer gets high... The stink just isn't coming out... Even my mate commented my plants didn't have much smell when they were growing... It was extremely hot at times have I damaged the terpines or am I just being paranoid and stupid to expect weed to be anywhere decent after a week... I just remember in the past my weed stinking from chop to jar and cure... Such a head wreck.. My confidence is so knocked I feel like not running with the new plants I put out

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (20-09-19), G' (18-09-19), GEORGE (17-09-19), Stickysticky (17-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,502 Times

Quote Originally Posted by thehulk View Post
    Sorry to go on guys but am I being impatient?? That first weed I dried fast still has a minking underlying smell which has lifted slightly... But Iv got strains like cheddar which I hung for 4 the put in tubs and burb them when my hygrometer gets high... The stink just isn't coming out... Even my mate commented my plants didn't have much smell when they were growing... It was extremely hot at times have I damaged the terpines or am I just being paranoid and stupid to expect weed to be anywhere decent after a week... I just remember in the past my weed stinking from chop to jar and cure... Such a head wreck.. My confidence is so knocked I feel like not running with the new plants I put out
    Keep at it man don't let it knock your confidence, my last a lot wasn't really smelly at all and I dried it the same as I always do. I just thought fuck it on to the next one and it's still decent smoke. Not sure why mine doesn't smell but looking forward to the next lot I think it could have done with a tad longer. All my other grows have been organic and stinky as fuck but this one in coco wasn't so not sure if I done out wrong, I'll see how the dark devils turn out. My last one was abit of a mad run and I'm just hoping these go a bit more smoothly

Keep at it man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (20-09-19), G' (18-09-19), GEORGE (17-09-19)

Thanks

Yeah this run was a complete balls to... I'm going to buy heat tubes or never flower again in middle of summer I got major heat stroke lost 2 plants kept Obe bur it's crisped to heck but I'll get an Oz.. Then another is so foxtailed it's like the weirdest bush.. Iv got b Arvans cheese and lemon one is good one is very very minor foxtailed but nothing to worry on...still waiting for them.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (20-09-19), G' (20-09-19), GEORGE (18-09-19)

Thanks

The smell has lifted a little and a guy delivered pineapple chunk to a neighbour and it smelt the same.... Iv got some cheddar that was at about 56% so Iv opened the box and put it in a bag..... Reason being it fuking stinks of feet horrible nothing nice about it... The decent smell must be in there all other strains are the same.. Would you like to see some budClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0093.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	375736 this is pineapple chunk or orange sherbet the upload got mixed up

]

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

G' (20-09-19), GEORGE (19-09-19)

Thanks

It takes about 6 weeks for the grassy smell to lift, but if the buds are bone dry, you can't do much about it. In the past when similar stuff has happened, after about 6 weeks you will get them about as good as thy are going to get. At this point I would put them fairly loosely in a jar and put a small piece of apple peel/flesh in with them. Not too big of a piece...an orange peel works well also. Over a day or two the moisture will redistribute itself thru the dry buds and it usually helps to get rid of remaining chlorophyll taste/smell.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimster For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (20-09-19), G' (20-09-19), GEORGE (19-09-19), thehulk (30-09-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast