Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Might be a silly question...

Thanks

Default Might be a silly question...

Everywhere I look online and in books it mentions what temperature and humidity the plant should be growing indoors, but does the same temp and humidity apply outdoors or is it different?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Naz007 For This Useful Post:

AND (13-09-19), GEORGE (13-09-19), IceCalibur (13-09-19), M_C (13-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (13-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

You can't control outdoor weather hence it's not really written about in the same way
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

AND (13-09-19), Gaz (13-09-19), GEORGE (13-09-19), IceCalibur (13-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (13-09-19)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Naz007 View Post
    Everywhere I look online and in books it mentions what temperature and humidity the plant should be growing indoors, but does the same temp and humidity apply outdoors or is it different?
    Not really Naz007, since as M_C quite rightly said we can't control the environment outdoors in terms of humidity and temperature...however a lot has been written about plant placement in our gardens..(although I do understand you're not asking about any other factor other than temps and humidity).

So with certain plants some shade is important and those plants would be planted ideally in areas of your garden that does not get direct sunlight all day etc..same applies in reverse, cannabis does best in full, direct sunshine as long as possible..so placement of your cannabis plant is important. Slight other factors such as shielding certain plants from the wind are also written about..but won't apply so much to cannabis
    Last edited by IceCalibur; 13-09-19 at 01:59 PM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

AND (13-09-19), Gaz (13-09-19), GEORGE (13-09-19), M_C (13-09-19), Naz007 (13-09-19), scoobywho (13-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Not really Naz007, since as M_C quite rightly said we can't control the environment outdoors in terms of humidity and temperature...however a lot has been written about plant placement in our gardens..(although I do understand you're not asking about any other factor other than temps and humidity).

So with certain plants some shade is important and those plants would be planted ideally in areas of your garden that does not get direct sunlight all day etc..same applies in reverse, cannabis does best in full, direct sunshine as long as possible..so placement of your cannabis plant is important. Slight other factors such as shielding certain plants from the wind are also written about..but won't apply so much to cannabis
    Thanks...makes sense.

I physically moved my plant which is a pot out of my greenhouse and outside in direct sunlight and I can see she's loving it. The sun is shining beautifully today in West Yorkshire, England.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naz007 For This Useful Post:

AND (13-09-19), GEORGE (13-09-19), IceCalibur (13-09-19), M_C (13-09-19)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Naz007 View Post
    Thanks...makes sense.

I physically moved my plant which is a pot out of my greenhouse and outside in direct sunlight and I can see she's loving it. The sun is shining beautifully today in West Yorkshire, England.
    You're welcome and absolutely your plant will thank you for that too lol

The problem is light intensity is now falling drastically as well as daylight hours here in the UK, with very cold night temperatures approaching..you really do need to be nearing harvesting to stand a chance of getting any returns from an outdoor grow.

I remember many, many years ago, in a property I used to live in we had a garden with lots of shade..so I would move the pot plants around with the sun..wife used to call it sun chasing LOL

When we moved into this property I was so happy about the garden, it's directly south facing and a real heat trap..would be ideal for cannabis plants but alas I have the nosiest neighbour in the UK!!!! lol.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

AND (13-09-19), GEORGE (13-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Florida outdoor plant, one 10 hours of sun, the other 2 hours sun. Can you guess which one is 2 hours sun?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

AND (13-09-19), IceCalibur (13-09-19), M_C (13-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (13-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Florida outdoor plant, one 10 hours of sun, the other 2 hours sun. Can you guess which one is 2 hours sun?

Bottom photo?
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

AND (13-09-19), gardro (13-09-19), GEORGE (13-09-19)

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    A fantastic example of why plant placement is crucial in the garden!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    I remember many, many years ago, in a property I used to live in we had a garden with lots of shade..so I would move the pot plants around with the sun..wife used to call it sun chasing LOL
    You could get a pot & mover that would follow the lumens... dunno if you can still get them though

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

AND (13-09-19), gardro (13-09-19), GEORGE (13-09-19), IceCalibur (13-09-19)

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    You could get a pot & mover that would follow the lumens... dunno if you can still get them though
    Never heard of that M_C..sounds very interesting...

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast