Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 75

Thread: Organics and health

  1. #21

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,401
    Thanks
    19,246
    Thanked 27,674 Times in 7,056 Posts

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

    Gaz (17-09-19), hotshot (17-09-19), IceCalibur (17-09-19), Jumper114 (18-09-19), oldtimerocnrol (17-09-19), scoobywho (17-09-19), Valentina (17-09-19)

  3. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    624
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 610 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scoobywho View Post
    Need to ask him about it lol I would like to read that. Is the flush getting rid of the chlorophyll in the plant causing it to burn/taste better? And not much to do with nutrients at all.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Chlorophyll is broken down during drying and curing if I'm not wrong?

    Like some bud that's dried in a hurry sometimes sparks and taste like plant when smoked other than after curing you have the perfect smoke.

    Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greenirl For This Useful Post:

    gardro (17-09-19), Gaz (17-09-19), hotshot (17-09-19), oldtimerocnrol (17-09-19), scoobywho (17-09-19)

  5. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,401
    Thanks
    19,246
    Thanked 27,674 Times in 7,056 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenirl View Post
    Chlorophyll is broken down during drying and curing if I'm not wrong?

    Like some bud that's dried in a hurry sometimes sparks and taste like plant when smoked other than after curing you have the perfect smoke.

    Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Agree with that, some say dry trimming is far superior precisely because of this. Wet trimming squirts 'phyll all over your smoke

  6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

    Gaz (17-09-19), Greenirl (17-09-19), hotshot (17-09-19), IceCalibur (17-09-19), oldtimerocnrol (17-09-19), scoobywho (17-09-19), Valentina (17-09-19)

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Agree with that, some say dry trimming is far superior precisely because of this. Wet trimming squirts 'phyll all over your smoke
    Hmm now this is interesting...I think I'm going to dry trim one of my girls to test this out, thanks gardro.

  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    gardro (17-09-19), Gaz (17-09-19), Greenirl (17-09-19), hotshot (17-09-19), Master Kief (17-09-19), oldtimerocnrol (17-09-19), scoobywho (17-09-19)

  9. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    44 24’46.22,” N, 7 76’88.63? W
    Posts
    3,247
    Thanks
    16,913
    Thanked 13,371 Times in 3,096 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Agree with that, some say dry trimming is far superior precisely because of this. Wet trimming squirts 'phyll all over your smoke
    Since I started hanging the whole plant to dry and then trimming I've never had that wet hay smell from the buds which I'm guessing is the chlorophyll.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

    gardro (17-09-19), Gaz (17-09-19), hotshot (17-09-19), IceCalibur (17-09-19), Master Kief (17-09-19), oldtimerocnrol (17-09-19), Valentina (17-09-19)

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    624
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 610 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Hmm now this is interesting...I think I'm going to dry trim one of my girls to test this out, thanks gardro.
    I thought everyone dry trimmed I'm not the only one lol.

    It all makes perfect sense to dry trim from slow dry, perfect manicuring and not damaging that sticky icky.

    I did actually dry trim my mutant Cindy jack and it was a doddle

    Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Greenirl; 17-09-19 at 06:17 PM.

  12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greenirl For This Useful Post:

    gardro (17-09-19), Gaz (17-09-19), hotshot (17-09-19), IceCalibur (17-09-19), oldtimerocnrol (17-09-19), scoobywho (17-09-19), Valentina (17-09-19)

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenirl View Post
    I thought everyone dry trimmed I'm not the only one lol.

    It all makes perfect sense to dry trim from slow dry, perfect manicuring and not damaging that sticky icky.

    I did actually dry trim my mutant Cindy jack and it was a doddle

    Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Nope I've always ever wet trimmed, I agree it does make sense

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    Gaz (17-09-19), Greenirl (17-09-19), hotshot (17-09-19), oldtimerocnrol (17-09-19), scoobywho (17-09-19)

  15. #28

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,116
    Thanks
    1,117
    Thanked 4,742 Times in 1,112 Posts

    Default

    Nothing beats backyard vegetables.

    I like that organic is better for the environment and all that. There is a study that shows organic tomatoes had more flavonoids and actually did taste better. I'll take a poke around for it.

  16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

    Gaz (17-09-19), hotshot (17-09-19), IceCalibur (17-09-19), Master Kief (17-09-19), oldtimerocnrol (17-09-19), scoobywho (17-09-19), Valentina (17-09-19)

  17. #29

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    High as a kite
    Posts
    12,065
    Thanks
    45,405
    Thanked 26,759 Times in 8,010 Posts

    Default

    I’ll add to this soon, but I know for sure when your flushing your chemicals your actually not !!!
    Also have a look into Brix levels, this can’t be done with synthetically grow canna I believe
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ


    REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!


    Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

    British green (18-09-19), Gaz (17-09-19), hotshot (17-09-19), IceCalibur (17-09-19), Master Kief (17-09-19), oldtimerocnrol (17-09-19), scoobywho (17-09-19)

  19. #30

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    44 24’46.22,” N, 7 76’88.63? W
    Posts
    3,247
    Thanks
    16,913
    Thanked 13,371 Times in 3,096 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redisiel View Post
    I’ll add to this soon, but I know for sure when your flushing your chemicals your actually not !!!
    Also have a look into Brix levels, this can’t be done with synthetically grow canna I believe
    Redz
    That was a good read man the brix level is interesting topic.

    Want a refractometer now lol. I read a bit about hydroponic tomato farmers using it to detect deficiencies before leaf symptoms appear and to gauge harvest. That would be amazingly useful.

    Do synthetic nutrients have a detrimental effect on brix level mate?





    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

    Gaz (17-09-19), hotshot (17-09-19), IceCalibur (17-09-19), Master Kief (17-09-19), oldtimerocnrol (17-09-19), redisiel (18-09-19)

  21. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13,296
    Thanks
    63,023
    Thanked 62,637 Times in 13,365 Posts

    Default

    This worth a listen.....
    I dont think its any "healthier" per say but......this is worth considering objectively. Im not pro organic, anti chem at all, you all know that ! Just worth a thought what is said in the podcast. Doesnt answer this just adds depth


  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (17-09-19), IceCalibur (17-09-19), Master Kief (17-09-19), scoobywho (17-09-19)

  23. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13,296
    Thanks
    63,023
    Thanked 62,637 Times in 13,365 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    NPK is NPK
    There it is

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (17-09-19), IceCalibur (17-09-19), Master Kief (17-09-19), Sadface (17-09-19), scoobywho (17-09-19)

  25. #33

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    44 24’46.22,” N, 7 76’88.63? W
    Posts
    3,247
    Thanks
    16,913
    Thanked 13,371 Times in 3,096 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    This worth a listen.....
    I dont think its any "healthier" per say but......this is worth considering objectively. Im not pro organic, anti chem at all, you all know that ! Just worth a thought what is said in the podcast. Doesnt answer this just adds depth

    Need to finish it tomorrow but the remote tribes dentistry part was interesting. Nutritional enviroment so good that people with damaged teeth have the ability to scar over and repair the tooth. Didn't even know that was possible mate lol.

    No doubt in my mind organics or to its complete form living soil is one of the best ways to grow weed/food. It makes sense the plant spent millions of years in soil doing just that.

    It's just this cleaner/healthier weed myth I dont get lol. Which is a strange claim in itself I suppose, as most folk still set it on fire and inhale it which either way ain't clean for the body it's all very interesting though worlds intricate as feck

    Bedtime though am out lol




    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

    Gaz (17-09-19), hotshot (18-09-19), IceCalibur (17-09-19)

  27. #34

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13,296
    Thanks
    63,023
    Thanked 62,637 Times in 13,365 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scoobywho View Post
    Need to finish it tomorrow but the remote tribes dentistry part was interesting. Nutritional enviroment so good that people with damaged teeth have the ability to scar over and repair the tooth. Didn't even know that was possible mate lol.

    No doubt in my mind organics or to its complete form living soil is one of the best ways to grow weed/food. It makes sense the plant spent millions of years in soil doing just that.

    It's just this cleaner/healthier weed myth I dont get lol. Which is a strange claim in itself I suppose, as most folk still set it on fire and inhale it which either way ain't clean for the body it's all very interesting though worlds intricate as feck

    Bedtime though am out lol




    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Yeah Im not convinced the it makes a difference with the weed being healthy for you at all to be honest nor am I convinced of many things mate LOL.

    I think youvw hit the nail, in order for it be healthier than coco you would have to eat the bud mate and smoking it, regarding human health there isnt a difference.

    Im not sure we can absorb that many nutrients through our lungs


    The podcast was to add some context I guess as to how the growing methods effects human health and its from diet not inhalation however there could be some things regarding the cannaboid potency and depth and the endo cannaboid receptors in the brain that MAY make it medically better due to neuro transmission improvements

    Therefore an argument could be mate it creates better overall wellness among patients ergo healthier???

    Just food/smoke for thought lol
    Last edited by Gaz; 17-09-19 at 11:32 PM.

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (18-09-19), IceCalibur (17-09-19), scoobywho (18-09-19)

  29. #35

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,072
    Thanks
    3,054
    Thanked 10,433 Times in 2,434 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scoobywho View Post
    Since I started hanging the whole plant to dry and then trimming I've never had that wet hay smell from the buds which I'm guessing is the chlorophyll.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Same. I much prefer this method and the slower dry removes the chlorophyll.

    I then trim - albeit a little trickier

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

    Gaz (18-09-19), hotshot (18-09-19), scoobywho (18-09-19)

  31. #36

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Planet earth
    Posts
    11,008
    Thanks
    30,080
    Thanked 36,907 Times in 9,899 Posts

    Default

    I think this one is a hard one to answer as it would depend on the products used to grow. What alot of synthetic growers dont realise is some of thier products actually contain nasty synthetic pgrs and im not talking about rox and the like im talking root stims, veg nutes, soil coco base nutes, pk’s etc. Yes the nasties from rox are hidden within your basic everyday nutrients.

    However the ones that do contain the likes of paclobutrazol, daminozide and other pesticides will soon be brought to light. A group of uk guys are currently working alongside an independent lab testing all the nutrient and additive products we see for sale on the hydroshop shelves to certify those that are Pgr free and those that are not.

    Some of the popular brands have already come back clear but theres still alot to get through I belive. Take note, there are companies that dont wish to take part in this testing procedure, which says alot dont you think?

    So to answer your question imo is organic healthier? Absolutely if the synthetic growers usings the wrong products.

  32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

    British green (18-09-19), Gaz (18-09-19), hotshot (18-09-19), IceCalibur (18-09-19), Jumper114 (18-09-19), scoobywho (18-09-19)

  33. #37

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13,296
    Thanks
    63,023
    Thanked 62,637 Times in 13,365 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I think this one is a hard one to answer as it would depend on the products used to grow. What alot of synthetic growers dont realise is some of thier products actually contain nasty synthetic pgrs and im not talking about rox and the like im talking root stims, veg nutes, soil coco base nutes, pk’s etc. Yes the nasties from rox are hidden within your basic everyday nutrients.

    However the ones that do contain the likes of paclobutrazol, daminozide and other pesticides will soon be brought to light. A group of uk guys are currently working alongside an independent lab testing all the nutrient and additive products we see for sale on the hydroshop shelves to certify those that are Pgr free and those that are not.

    Some of the popular brands have already come back clear but theres still alot to get through I belive. Take note, there are companies that dont wish to take part in this testing procedure, which says alot dont you think?

    So to answer your question imo is organic healthier? Absolutely if the synthetic growers usings the wrong products.
    Holy shit man see I did not know that mate at all nice info Blue

    Im still smoking baccy so I don't give a monkeys but I love a good intelligent convo on any subject pretty much

    I grow organic for stronger meds really to be fair and deeper cannaboid profiles....wether I achieve it ir not who knows but placebo always helps lol
    Last edited by Gaz; 18-09-19 at 08:15 AM.

  34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    Blue (18-09-19), hotshot (18-09-19), IceCalibur (18-09-19), scoobywho (18-09-19), Valentina (18-09-19)

  35. #38

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    44 24’46.22,” N, 7 76’88.63? W
    Posts
    3,247
    Thanks
    16,913
    Thanked 13,371 Times in 3,096 Posts

    Default

    Brilliant mate, this is something I never considered tbh I assumed PGR were heavily regulated in the industry... more fool me lol.

    Agree with you that brands containing pesticides/PGRs will be unhealthy compared to organics.

    Not sure if canna nutrients is clear of nastys, but for talking sake let's say it is. Do you think theres any difference in the how clean the end product is between that and organic grown weed.

    Not talking about taste or terps I know organics is the best for that goal in mind. I'm more interested if "reputable" synthetic grown canna contains more impurities or carcinogens compared to organics.

    Great thread this learning a shit ton here lol.


    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scoobywho; 18-09-19 at 08:30 AM.

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

    Blue (18-09-19), Gaz (18-09-19), hotshot (18-09-19), IceCalibur (18-09-19)

  37. #39

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13,296
    Thanks
    63,023
    Thanked 62,637 Times in 13,365 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scoobywho View Post
    Brilliant mate, this is something I never considered tbh I assumed PGR were heavily regulated in the industry... more fool me lol.

    Agree with you that brands containing pesticides/PGRs will be unhealthy compared to organics.

    Not sure if canna nutrients is clear of nastys, but for talking sake let's say it is. Do you think theres any difference in the how clean the end product is between that and organic grown weed.

    Not talking about taste or terps I know organics is the best for that goal in mind. I'm more interested if synthetic grown canna contains more impurities or carcinogens compared to organics.

    Great thread this learning a shit ton here lol.


    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I think a list of these nute will be superb info as sticky somewhere when Bluey knows whats what . Which wont be long hahahah

  38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    Blue (18-09-19), hotshot (18-09-19), IceCalibur (18-09-19), scoobywho (18-09-19)

  39. #40

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13,296
    Thanks
    63,023
    Thanked 62,637 Times in 13,365 Posts

    Default

    Id love to know the companys refusing deffo blue

  40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

    Blue (18-09-19), hotshot (18-09-19), IceCalibur (18-09-19), scoobywho (18-09-19)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Bonza Seeds - Over 2000 Strains!     |     bongs - herbtools     |     25% off Cannabis Seeds at Dr Chronic     |     buy a bong from Herb Tools     |     GYO Seedbank     |     www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK