Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Organics and health

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

This worth a listen.....
    I dont think its any "healthier" per say but......this is worth considering objectively. Im not pro organic, anti chem at all, you all know that ! Just worth a thought what is said in the podcast. Doesnt answer this just adds depth

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (17-09-19), GEORGE (17-09-19), IceCalibur (17-09-19), scoobywho (17-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    NPK is NPK
    There it is

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (17-09-19), GEORGE (17-09-19), IceCalibur (17-09-19), Sadface (17-09-19), scoobywho (17-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    This worth a listen.....
    I dont think its any "healthier" per say but......this is worth considering objectively. Im not pro organic, anti chem at all, you all know that ! Just worth a thought what is said in the podcast. Doesnt answer this just adds depth

Need to finish it tomorrow but the remote tribes dentistry part was interesting. Nutritional enviroment so good that people with damaged teeth have the ability to scar over and repair the tooth. Didn't even know that was possible mate lol.

No doubt in my mind organics or to its complete form living soil is one of the best ways to grow weed/food. It makes sense the plant spent millions of years in soil doing just that.

It's just this cleaner/healthier weed myth I dont get lol. Which is a strange claim in itself I suppose, as most folk still set it on fire and inhale it which either way ain't clean for the body it's all very interesting though worlds intricate as feck

Bedtime though am out lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

Gaz (18-09-19), GEORGE (18-09-19), IceCalibur (18-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scoobywho View Post
    Need to finish it tomorrow but the remote tribes dentistry part was interesting. Nutritional enviroment so good that people with damaged teeth have the ability to scar over and repair the tooth. Didn't even know that was possible mate lol.

No doubt in my mind organics or to its complete form living soil is one of the best ways to grow weed/food. It makes sense the plant spent millions of years in soil doing just that.

It's just this cleaner/healthier weed myth I dont get lol. Which is a strange claim in itself I suppose, as most folk still set it on fire and inhale it which either way ain't clean for the body it's all very interesting though worlds intricate as feck

Bedtime though am out lol

Yeah Im not convinced the it makes a difference with the weed being healthy for you at all to be honest nor am I convinced of many things mate LOL.

I think youvw hit the nail, in order for it be healthier than coco you would have to eat the bud mate and smoking it, regarding human health there isnt a difference.

Im not sure we can absorb that many nutrients through our lungs

The podcast was to add some context I guess as to how the growing methods effects human health and its from diet not inhalation however there could be some things regarding the cannaboid potency and depth and the endo cannaboid receptors in the brain that MAY make it medically better due to neuro transmission improvements

Therefore an argument could be mate it creates better overall wellness among patients ergo healthier???

Just food/smoke for thought lol
    Last edited by Gaz; 18-09-19 at 12:32 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-09-19), IceCalibur (18-09-19), scoobywho (18-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

Since I started hanging the whole plant to dry and then trimming I've never had that wet hay smell from the buds which I'm guessing is the chlorophyll.

Same. I much prefer this method and the slower dry removes the chlorophyll.

I then trim - albeit a little trickier
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

Gaz (18-09-19), GEORGE (18-09-19), scoobywho (18-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

I think this one is a hard one to answer as it would depend on the products used to grow. What alot of synthetic growers dont realise is some of thier products actually contain nasty synthetic pgrs and im not talking about rox and the like im talking root stims, veg nutes, soil coco base nutes, pk’s etc. Yes the nasties from rox are hidden within your basic everyday nutrients.

However the ones that do contain the likes of paclobutrazol, daminozide and other pesticides will soon be brought to light. A group of uk guys are currently working alongside an independent lab testing all the nutrient and additive products we see for sale on the hydroshop shelves to certify those that are Pgr free and those that are not.

Some of the popular brands have already come back clear but theres still alot to get through I belive. Take note, there are companies that dont wish to take part in this testing procedure, which says alot dont you think?

So to answer your question imo is organic healthier? Absolutely if the synthetic growers usings the wrong products.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

British green (18-09-19), Gaz (18-09-19), GEORGE (18-09-19), IceCalibur (18-09-19), Jumper114 (18-09-19), scoobywho (18-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I think this one is a hard one to answer as it would depend on the products used to grow. What alot of synthetic growers dont realise is some of thier products actually contain nasty synthetic pgrs and im not talking about rox and the like im talking root stims, veg nutes, soil coco base nutes, pk’s etc. Yes the nasties from rox are hidden within your basic everyday nutrients.

However the ones that do contain the likes of paclobutrazol, daminozide and other pesticides will soon be brought to light. A group of uk guys are currently working alongside an independent lab testing all the nutrient and additive products we see for sale on the hydroshop shelves to certify those that are Pgr free and those that are not.

Some of the popular brands have already come back clear but theres still alot to get through I belive. Take note, there are companies that dont wish to take part in this testing procedure, which says alot dont you think?

So to answer your question imo is organic healthier? Absolutely if the synthetic growers usings the wrong products.
    Holy shit man see I did not know that mate at all nice info Blue

Im still smoking baccy so I don't give a monkeys but I love a good intelligent convo on any subject pretty much

I grow organic for stronger meds really to be fair and deeper cannaboid profiles....wether I achieve it ir not who knows but placebo always helps lol
    Last edited by Gaz; 18-09-19 at 09:15 AM.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Blue (18-09-19), GEORGE (18-09-19), IceCalibur (18-09-19), scoobywho (18-09-19), Valentina (18-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

Brilliant mate, this is something I never considered tbh I assumed PGR were heavily regulated in the industry... more fool me lol.

Agree with you that brands containing pesticides/PGRs will be unhealthy compared to organics.

Not sure if canna nutrients is clear of nastys, but for talking sake let's say it is. Do you think theres any difference in the how clean the end product is between that and organic grown weed.

Not talking about taste or terps I know organics is the best for that goal in mind. I'm more interested if "reputable" synthetic grown canna contains more impurities or carcinogens compared to organics.

Great thread this learning a shit ton here lol.

Last edited by scoobywho; 18-09-19 at 09:30 AM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

Blue (18-09-19), Gaz (18-09-19), GEORGE (18-09-19), IceCalibur (18-09-19)

Thanks

Brilliant mate, this is something I never considered tbh I assumed PGR were heavily regulated in the industry... more fool me lol.

Agree with you that brands containing pesticides/PGRs will be unhealthy compared to organics.

Not sure if canna nutrients is clear of nastys, but for talking sake let's say it is. Do you think theres any difference in the how clean the end product is between that and organic grown weed.

Not talking about taste or terps I know organics is the best for that goal in mind. I'm more interested if synthetic grown canna contains more impurities or carcinogens compared to organics.

Great thread this learning a shit ton here lol.

I think a list of these nute will be superb info as sticky somewhere when Bluey knows whats what . Which wont be long hahahah

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Blue (18-09-19), GEORGE (18-09-19), IceCalibur (18-09-19), scoobywho (18-09-19)

Thanks

Id love to know the companys refusing deffo blue

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Blue (18-09-19), GEORGE (18-09-19), IceCalibur (18-09-19), scoobywho (18-09-19)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast