Thread: Knowing when your cannabis plants are fully dry?

Thanks

Default Knowing when your cannabis plants are fully dry?

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask when do you know when your plants are dry, I have read up and have been told when then stems can be broken.
    Is there any tell tell signs other then this? an is it usually 7 days?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrCanna For This Useful Post:

G' (18-09-19), Gaz (18-09-19), GEORGE (17-09-19)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MrCanna View Post
    Hi guys,

I wanted to ask when do you know when your plants are dry, I have read up and have been told when then stems can be broken.
    Is there any tell tell signs other then this? an is it usually 7 days?
    Depending on the environment it can take less or more time, the longer it takes the better (I usually shoot for 7-14 days), I go by touch and snap of the stem...it really does give you a definite *SNAP* that you can't mistake and the way I always test mine

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (17-09-19), G' (18-09-19), Gaz (18-09-19), GEORGE (17-09-19), MrCanna (17-09-19), Valentina (17-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Like Ice said brother a lot depends on the conditions in which you are drying under but the snap test is a good one and will tell you when to jar up but to get it spot on you'll need some mini hygrometers to put into your jars with the nugs, they say the sweet spot is 62% but i like mine at around 64% even 65%, good luck bro' G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

Gaz (18-09-19), GEORGE (18-09-19), IceCalibur (18-09-19), Kurdt (18-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

I only vape weed so like my nugs a little more moist,(just found it vapes better,) so i jar them up for the cure just a little before the stems snap,(also use the boveda bags in the jars.) This is not without risk though as it is more likely that the buds can go moldy in the jars.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

G' (19-09-19), Gaz (18-09-19), GEORGE (18-09-19), IceCalibur (18-09-19)