Thread: White widow leaves turning orange/yellow

Thanks

Default White widow leaves turning orange/yellow

Hi guys, hoping someone may recognise these symptoms and be able to help. All has been well throughout the grow both veg and now flowering. Up until about two weeks ago. I added molasses and coconut water to my nutrients mix. Which seems to be the catalyst of the issues. I made up 25 litres and added 2 litres of coconut water and approx 100grams of dissolved molasses. I have no idea if it’s too much but the leaves are obviously not happy. The overall condition of the plants is good, the buds are putting on weight and getting frostier as each week passes. PH levels are fine, nutrient mix is fine. Air temps are fine, air circulation is fine. Scratching my head. Appreciate any thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robbo9507 For This Useful Post:

Gaz (19-09-19), GEORGE (19-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

Looks a lot like cal mag deficiency to me.
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

Gaz (19-09-19), GEORGE (19-09-19), robbo9507 (19-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by robbo9507 View Post
    Hi guys, hoping someone may recognise these symptoms and be able to help. All has been well throughout the grow both veg and now flowering. Up until about two weeks ago. I added molasses and coconut water to my nutrients mix. Which seems to be the catalyst of the issues. I made up 25 litres and added 2 litres of coconut water and approx 100grams of dissolved molasses. I have no idea if it’s too much but the leaves are obviously not happy. The overall condition of the plants is good, the buds are putting on weight and getting frostier as each week passes. PH levels are fine, nutrient mix is fine. Air temps are fine, air circulation is fine. Scratching my head. Appreciate any thoughts.

Mollasses should be a teaspoon per litre....teaspoon is between 4 and 5ml.... so 25 teaspoons required means 100ml about right mate. Coconut water never burnt a plant mate its its not pk mate. We drink it pal.

Nothing in that mix caused this......
    Last edited by Gaz; 19-09-19 at 06:19 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-09-19), IceCalibur (19-09-19), Jumper114 (19-09-19), robbo9507 (19-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Mollasses should be a teaspoon per litre....teaspoon is between 4 and 5ml.... so 25 teaspoons required means 100ml about right mate. Coconut water never burnt a plant mate its its not pk mate. We drink it pal.

Nothing in that mix caused this......
    Back to the drawing board! Appreciate your thoughts. Wondering whether if it’s a boron deficiency. I let the soil get a little too dry on two occasions, which can trigger it. Cheers

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robbo9507 For This Useful Post:

Gaz (19-09-19), GEORGE (19-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

With the dark waxy leaves and clawing tips, and now the yellowing leaves, could it not be nitrogen toxicity?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

Gaz (20-09-19), GEORGE (20-09-19)