Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LED queries

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Gardro guided me in building a led strip light. Its 150w but managed somewhere between 1 and 2 gpw last grow.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

British green (28-09-19), BudMan (04-10-19), C-Rex (29-09-19), gardro (28-09-19), GEORGE (28-09-19), Stickysticky (28-09-19), Valentina (28-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
    I've tried searching and reading diary's but still none of the wiser sooooo...

I'm interested in trying out growing with LEDs after using HID's for well over 10 year.

Mainly the electricity usage draws me.

I see they seem to have come on leaps and bounds, they used to be ££££'s and the yields were nothing spectacular.

Now they seem you can pick them up for the same price as HIDS and the results seem pretty impressive.

Is a true 1gpw actually achievable, some are claiming up to 2gpw.

I also need to know what manufactures should I be looking at and anything to particular to look out for in the specs, I've noticed ppfd being measured a lot.

Are the Mars Hydro units any good? I like it how they incorporate infa red as well.

Could I make my own? I was going to do a vertical grow with the 250 hps in the dr60 to maximise yields but with the led panels being one direction this becomes a problem, if I could use a few smaller ones aimed at each wall like strip lights this could be a possibility?

Would be looking to replace a 250w dsp HID or a 600w MH/HPS. Have not made my mind up what size tent to use yet. (60x60 or 100x100)

Heat out put as well, do they generate enough to not need to run a heater if the tent is in the house. Kind of cancels out the electricity savings if you need to add heat as well.

Any input would be great as Im totally in the dark when it comes to LEDs and I would like to learn.

TIA
    Lots of options BudMan just depends on your budget. I replied on your other post.

Watts are watts so if you use less, with an led for example, you will need to rejig your groom to keep hold of the heat more. In a house environment you should be fine though.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

British green (06-10-19), BudMan (04-10-19), C-Rex (29-09-19), GEORGE (28-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

Anyone used GN Telos 0010 Led Grow Light 300w
    Claims amazing things
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (29-09-19), gardro (28-09-19), GEORGE (28-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ENGLISH_HERBSMAN View Post
    Anyone used GN Telos 0010 Led Grow Light 300w
    Claims amazing things
    They are good but arent the highest efficiency and a little pricey. But that said they are available as a finished lamp and have great electrical and safety standards.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (29-09-19), ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (28-09-19), GEORGE (28-09-19)

Thanks

It's 300 watts tho that pushes out the same as a 600hps
    That's right isn't it bud?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (29-09-19), gardro (28-09-19), GEORGE (28-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ENGLISH_HERBSMAN View Post
    It's 300 watts tho that pushes out the same as a 600hps
    That's right isn't it bud?
    While lots claim, were not quite there yet. More like 400w but wont be long with rate of development

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

BudMan (04-10-19), C-Rex (29-09-19), ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (28-09-19), GEORGE (28-09-19)

Thanks

Sweet mate ,sounds good
    I reply on the heat of hps during winter tho, but for summer I might give them a try
    Last edited by ENGLISH_HERBSMAN; 28-09-19 at 09:38 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (29-09-19), GEORGE (28-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

Thanks for all of the information people, it really means a lot.

Although I've not posted a reply I've read all of the replies a few times and have been researching as I literally know nothing, so needed to do some research so I'm not asking silly questions.

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    A personally think this would amaze you in a 1.2x1.2 tent but the price might also amaze you as it ain't cheap.
    I'm using the same lamps and they are doing outstanding

https://invisiblesunled.co.uk/collec...-lm301h-lh351h

Have a look you might find something else on site that will suit you.
    Ask the guys at invisible sun for there help and remember that you can get a discount for being a talk member

in a green and pleasant land
    Jesus was my first impression. At first I shunned these off as I thought they were way out of my price range but I think I might be onto a decent little set up using one of their smaller lights in a smaller space. Its not too much more than what I was prepared to pay to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Yes there is A 40W LED 6500K blub, I had one once, but mine burnt out I returned it, and instead of replacing it, they refunded me my money. Never new why they just didn't replace it. Check around fleabay or amazon.
    Yeah Ive been looking at small 40w blurple panels on ebay for £15/20. Would these still be ok for cloning and pre vegging or are they totally naff. Or would I be better replacing my 125w cfl with something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickysticky View Post
    Considering what I paid for my 1st burple led, the invisible sun wasn't actually even that much dearer maybe 200 quid more, but the results are well worth it. Sorry I haven't answered any of your questions tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah at first I was looking at the mars blurples, then I seen the quantum mars boards, now looking at the invisible suns.

£100, has turned into £200, and £200 has now turned into £300 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Lots of options BudMan just depends on your budget. I replied on your other post.

Watts are watts so if you use less, with an led for example, you will need to rejig your groom to keep hold of the heat more. In a house environment you should be fine though.

Right so my idea now is to invest in a cheap 60x120x150(h) (2ft x 4ft) grow cube and a ISH 265 XL type R and use that for main vegging and flowering with a scrog. Should give me 8 square feet with 31watts per square foot.

Am I right in thinking the ISH 265 is 265 watt draw from the wall? Is it worth the extra few quid for the type R with the deep red and the far red LEDs.

Just curious does the light output still look white or can you see the extra red. (not that it matters just wondering)

Also says it is a kit form, is it hard to put together?

I noticed there is two versions available LM301H cri90 and LM301B cri80. After a little research I found the 301H are better, brighter using less power? In what situation would it be more favorable to have the 301Bs?

How do I apply for a cheeky discount, just message invisible sun on here?

Then I was going to use my 60 x 60 tent for cloning and prevegging under a small LED panel to replace my 125w CFL. .

Would one of those cheap chinese blurple panels off ebay for £15/£20 do or are they totally naff?

Its just for cloning and a few weeks pre veg.

Any recommendations on something around 40w?

My main aim is to reduce electricity costs to something that is barely noticable, compared to running 2 x 600w HIDs and an 8" 100w fan. 2 x 40w osscilating fans and a 40w 5" intake.

Flowering tent would go from around 1420w to 310w (5" 29w extraction and 2 x 6" 15w clip on fans)

and vegging box from 200w to 85w. (40w light?, 4" extraction (29w) and 6" clip on (15w))

Reducing my power consumption from 1620w to 395w. More than 3 quarters and should still hopefully be able to produce a decent amount of ganja that I can continue to smoke myself silly.

Any advice would be welcomed. Just went on a bit of a stoned ramble to be honest, hopefully its easy enough to decipher.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

British green (06-10-19), GEORGE (04-10-19)

Thanks

They look like pretty much the same LED to me, just they spec the 301H as a horticultural LED. I am not sure if a better CRI makes any difference as I can't get my head around CRI.

Invisible sun do a nice board for £30 that could work for veg. https://invisiblesunled.co.uk/collec...samsung-lm301b

Seems like they actually give you the 301B spec on the invisible sun website as '2.23 umols/J with Samsung LM301B cri80' compared to the 3.03 ?mol/J of 301H
    Last edited by Agent Green; 04-10-19 at 01:56 PM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agent Green For This Useful Post:

British green (06-10-19), BudMan (04-10-19), GEORGE (04-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Green View Post
    They look like pretty much the same LED to me, just they spec the 301H as a horticultural LED. I am not sure if a better CRI makes any difference as I can't get my head around CRI.

Invisible sun do a nice board for £30 that could work for veg. https://invisiblesunled.co.uk/collec...samsung-lm301b

Seems like they actually give you the 301B spec on the invisible sun website as '2.23 umols/J with Samsung LM301B cri80' compared to the 3.03 ?mol/J of 301H
    Excellent cheers. That small board from IS looks great. But is 120w the actual draw from the wall? As currently Im using a 125w cfl that I have no issues with apart from it using 125w and not having much light coverage. If I could replace it with something 40 or 60w it would be ideal. Altho the main benefits changing it for an LED unit with the same draw being it would pre veg much better plants. Hmmm.

Does that small board need anything extra to work, drivers and wiring etc?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

British green (06-10-19), GEORGE (04-10-19)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast