Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 6500K cheap LED any good to support an HPS?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    Interesting blue. and you havent change anything else in your grows besides cutting the mars?
    No mate I don't think the LED added or took anything away from my previous grows. I think it has just taken me 2 years to learn how to grow and this particular grow was without any setbacks whatsoever. The strain was Orange Sherbet, the nugs were incredibly dense and the 4 plants all true to type.

The only other thing I changed was to cut all of the additives an boosters. I just feed General Hydroponics 3 part, silica, CalMag, Katana Roots (just because I have some left but may still feed a root stim) and beneficial's. My tap water is very soft around zero or 0.2 ec.
    Last edited by toblue; 29-09-19 at 06:35 PM.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times
    Provided Answers: 23

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    No mate I don't think the LED added or took anything away from my previous grows. I think it has just taken me 2 years to learn how to grow and this particular grow was without any setbacks whatsoever. The strain was Orange Sherbet, the nugs were incredibly dense and the 4 plants all true to type.

The only other thing I changed was to cut all of the additives an boosters. I just feed General Hydroponics 3 part, silica, CalMag, Katana Roots (just because I have some left but may still feed a root stim) and beneficial's. My tap water is very soft around zero or 0.2 ec.
    That's a mood lifter right there. as im experimenting with my 2nd grow in a row now to minimize the number of bottles i use.. How often do you feed cal mag brother and how much? and you don't add any kind of bloom fert \ pk \ booster at all?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (30-09-19), GEORGE (29-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    That's a mood lifter right there. as im experimenting with my 2nd grow in a row now to minimize the number of bottles i use.. How often do you feed cal mag brother and how much? and you don't add any kind of bloom fert \ pk \ booster at all?
    I feed cal/mag at half strength every feed if I am using the soft water version of General Hydroponics 3 part, or full strength if I forget and order the hard water version. I think if you are using LED lights you will most defiantly need full strength same if you are growing in RDWC.

No PK needed, you adjust the amounts of the 3 part feed as your grow goes along so more PK and less nitrogen around 3 weeks after flip.

Personally I use grow- micro - bloom in the following ratio. 3-2-1 until flip then 1-1-1 (equal parts of all 3) during transition (2-3 weeks), then 1-2-3 until the end. I don't flush but drop the ec for the last few weeks they are on 0.8 to 0.6 (0.2 background tap water). I don't normally feed above 1.2 - 1.3 ec even in full bloom.

No boosters of any kind many of them contain extra NPK which knocks your 3 part feeding schedule out of wack.

I add beneficial's directly to the plants root zone around once per week with some Maxicrop seaweed fertilizer at half strength. I like to start the beneficial's early at a few weeks old maybe go a little lighter on the seaweed when they are little.
    Last edited by toblue; 01-10-19 at 11:13 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-10-19), Shreder (01-10-19)

Thanks

I feed cal/mag at half strength every feed if I am using the soft water version of General Hydroponics 3 part, or full strength if I forget and order the hard water version. I think if you are using LED lights you will most defiantly need full strength same if you are growing in RDWC.

No PK needed, you adjust the amounts of the 3 part feed as your grow goes along so more PK and less nitrogen around 3 weeks after flip.

Personally I use grow- micro - bloom in the following ratio. 3-2-1 until flip then 1-1-1 (equal parts of all 3) during transition (2-3 weeks), then 1-2-3 until the end. I don't flush but drop the ec for the last few weeks they are on 0.8 to 0.6 (0.2 background tap water). I don't normally feed above 1.2 - 1.3 ec even in full bloom.

No boosters of any kind many of them contain extra NPK which knocks your 3 part feeding schedule out of wack.

I add beneficial's directly to the plants root zone around once per week with some Maxicrop seaweed fertilizer at half strength. I like to start the beneficial's early at a few weeks old maybe go a little lighter on the seaweed when they are little.
    Top info blue mate, my res needs a top up as we speak,
    So with my canna coco (a+b) Im gonna give like 0.3ec (0.15 each) and big bud at 0.2ec which is full strength. Background is 0.35 so overall 0.85 ec sounds right?

P.s were at week 5 flower, but they auto seeds so some will go another 4 weeks and some maybe another 6-7 weeks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-10-19)

Thanks

I have no idea about auto's mate but with photoperiod's in coco I would be feeding at 1.2 - 1.4 at the start of week 5 depending on your growing style and strain.

In coco DTW I always struggled with salt build up so I changed to RDWC with airstones (when you must feed very low) but struggled with root rot and I just didn't like it. I now designed my own set up using rock-wool mini croutons, top fed 3 time per day for 30 minutes each feed then recirculated.

I have removed all airstones and rely on waterfall to keep the nutrient solution oxygenated. When in flower the solution is recirculated 24/7. Roots do grow out of the bottom of the 20 litre rockwool pots and go down into the solution but all is good the roots are snow white and most of the root mass stays in the pots.

So far this is my favored method of growing.
    Last edited by toblue; 01-10-19 at 02:03 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-10-19), Shreder (01-10-19)

Thanks

I have no idea about auto's mate but with photoperiod's in coco I would be feeding at 1.2 - 1.4 at the start of week 5 depending on your growing style and strain.

In coco DTW I always struggled with salt build up so I changed to RDWC with airstones (when you must feed very low) but struggled with root rot and I just didn't like it. I now designed my own set up using rock-wool mini croutons, top fed 3 time per day for 30 minutes each feed then recirculated.

I have removed all airstones and rely on waterfall to keep the nutrient solution oxygenated. When in flower the solution is recirculated 24/7. Roots do grow out of the bottom of the 20 litre rockwool pots and go down into the solution but all is good the roots are snow white and most of the root mass stays in the pots.

So far this is my favored method of growing.
    Blue mate,
    You must send now some pictures even a video, you got me interested mukka

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-10-19), toblue (01-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    The extra wavelengths from the cooler colour will be welcomed by the plant but you could go for a lower number for flower if you like.

Get it close and concentrate on one bud site and it will have some impact
    So I did that and added 2 x 6500k cheap LED lights about a week ago.

One is 23w and the other is just 10w.
    They are placed each on top of a cola, the 23w is 10-12cm away and the 10w is about 6-7cm away

It seems like these two colas are quite ahead in terms of maturity, they swelled more than the others, they've got more browned pistils and got very purple as well.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

gardro (06-10-19), GEORGE (06-10-19), IceCalibur (06-10-19), toblue (06-10-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2