Thread: DWC PH issues, Please help!

Thanks

Default DWC PH issues, Please help!

Hi guys, i have a 4 bucket DWC setup and i am in the last 4 weeks of flower but for the last couple weeks i cant get the PH or EC correct. The PH keeps jumping to around 6.7 every time and the EC is not such a problem but is also climbing quite abit. I have emptied the system twice but the problem keeps happening.
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AAGrow For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (30-09-19)

Thanks

Mate

Did you wash the stones properly?
    Try dropping the ph down to 4.2 let it run through and see if there’s a change or
    Are the roots in the base if you have lots in they’ll try to adjust the ph down or up not sure why also
    If you have lots of air going in be aware of the acid rain effect.
    Also if the feed is below 1.0 increase the feed it may be hungry ??

I run something similar and I’ve had it all lol

Good luck

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (30-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AAGrow View Post
    Hi guys, i have a 4 bucket DWC setup and i am in the last 4 weeks of flower but for the last couple weeks i cant get the PH or EC correct. The PH keeps jumping to around 6.7 every time and the EC is not such a problem but is also climbing quite abit. I have emptied the system twice but the problem keeps happening.
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Keep knocking the ph back down to 5.8 mate and adjust the ec feeds down a bit, no idea what you are feeding at but maybe drop back a few points???

Over aerated water will give you odd readings, so only put in a gentle stream of air or...take the air stone out and test after an hour or so.

Is there any ill affects to plants is the question.....???
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-09-19), johndoh (23-12-19), SmobyToker#1 (30-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Read this... https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d-how-to-react

Water level EC PH Solution
    Static Static Static Plant not feeding/drinking, change EC, check meters. Usually, lowering the EC a little should get the plant feeding again
    Static Static Rising Ph buffers probably raising ph. This is usual. Having a static water level is not though, so again, a slight reduction in EC or a res change should resolve this.
    Static Static Falling Usual cause of this is when media has been rinsed at a lower ph than you require.
    The other possibility is that too much CO2 has been pumped into the water. See Note 1.
    Change your res and look at the volume of air pumped plus look at your air source.
    Static Rising Static Plant is leeching nutrition, raise EC. Note 2
    Static Rising Rising Plant leeching nutrition, Raise EC. An unusual state. The rising ph is probably caused by what nutrient leeching back.
    If these are alkaline, it will lead to the rise in ph. Could also be ph buffers.
    Static Rising Falling As above but be aware of the acid rain effect mentioned in note 1. Res change, plus increase in EC.
    Static Falling Static Plant eating but not drinking. Not ideal. Lower EC or res change
    Static Falling Rising As above but rising ph is a better sign. Lower EC slightly or res change.
    Static Falling Falling Falling ph along with falling EC but no drop in water level suggests a res change. Could also be an acid rain effect as per note 1. Depending on other symptoms, lowering EC after res change.
    Falling Static Static Perfect conditions. EC and ph are at the correct level.
    Falling Static Rising Normal state most people encounter. Nothing to worry about, carry on doing what you are doing unless other plant symptoms.
    Falling Static Falling Res change plus a change of EC. Lower EC if over 1.4, raise EC if lower than 1.0
    Falling Rising Static Plant is drinking more than eating, lower EC.
    Falling Rising Rising Plant is drinking more than eating, lower EC
    Falling Rising Falling Plant is drinking more than eating, lower EC. Also, res change due to possible acid rain problem.
    Falling Falling Static Hungry plant, raise EC. Very good situation to be in. Nute buffers are working and plant is taking a balance of nutrients.
    Falling Falling Rising Almost as above, usually considered almost perfect, raise EC slightly.
    Falling Falling Falling Res change. Potential acid rain issue but plant is still eating & drinking. Raise EC on new res

Regards BL

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

BigBudsB (14-10-19), GEORGE (30-09-19), IceCalibur (30-09-19), johndoh (23-12-19), MrSeeweed (05-03-20), Nugzila (12-10-19), SmobyToker#1 (30-09-19), WWBB (30-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Ec up pH down = add less nutes.
    pH up Ec down = add more nutes.
    Ec stable pH drifting slowly up =sweetspot.

Regards BL
    Hey bud i think he saying his ph and ec keep drifting up, although we dont know what EC hes talking about. Now if hes saying the EC has gone above what he has put in then that suggests a osmotic? affect from the root system. Basically nuted plant leeching nutes back into the res? i dunno maybe iam way off the mark but did notice he said both are up

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (30-09-19), GEORGE (30-09-19)

Thanks

a ha i bet the volume of water / nute mix has evaporated making a stronger EC?

Nice chart that bud, i may harvest that.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (30-09-19), GEORGE (30-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Wild swings in air temps . Especially season changijg it fucks the water ph right up .

But if ph is climbing .it may be your e.c is too low . If evwrythijg is dialed in its your air causing probs

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (01-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Wild swings in air temps . Especially season changijg it fucks the water ph right up .

But if ph is climbing .it may be your e.c is too low . If evwrythijg is dialed in its your air causing probs

Hello Trex mate, i pretty sure he saying both EC and PH are up?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-10-19), Trex (01-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Hello Trex mate, i pretty sure he saying both EC and PH are up?
    Then hes most likely mixing up his nutes with cold water . Then when it warms up .it skewers everything .

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

andymac (02-04-20), GEORGE (01-10-19)