Thread: Humidity and temps advice UK loft grow

Thanks

Default Humidity and temps advice UK loft grow

Hello growers. I am currently growing 4 plants that are 2 weeks into flower in a 8ft wide, 4 ft long and 6 ft high in a loft ( not the best place I know).

I have a 100mm intake fan at 300m2 per hour pulling in fresh air from outside and an exhaust 1500 m3 per hour running at full speed.

My questions are what dehumidifier do you recommend for my tent? I am currently hitting over 60% even after a heavy defoliation. I was thinking of hooking one up into the intake that would then blow into the tent as I believe it would be a waste putting on inside as the air will just get sucked out?

Also I think I will need to heat the tent up lights of in a few weeks. I was think maybe it would be better to heat up the loft space instead of putting a oil heater into the tent?

Any info and suggestions really appreciated ????

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ouncebasher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-10-19), Jumper114 (01-10-19), WF420 (01-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ouncebasher View Post
    Hello growers. I am currently growing 4 plants that are 2 weeks into flower in a 8ft wide, 4 ft long and 6 ft high in a loft ( not the best place I know).

I have a 100mm intake fan at 300m2 per hour pulling in fresh air from outside and an exhaust 1500 m3 per hour running at full speed.

My questions are what dehumidifier do you recommend for my tent? I am currently hitting over 60% even after a heavy defoliation. I was thinking of hooking one up into the intake that would then blow into the tent as I believe it would be a waste putting on inside as the air will just get sucked out?

Also I think I will need to heat the tent up lights of in a few weeks. I was think maybe it would be better to heat up the loft space instead of putting a oil heater into the tent?

Any info and suggestions really appreciated ????

In a 1.2 x 0.6 x 1.6 space I use a 10lt dehumidifier.

This keeps up fine. Be warned though you want one which can drain to a bucket or you will be forever emptying it! Once full they switch off :-(

Dehumidifiers give out quite a bit of heat - may help you!!

I use an oil heater nov -> feb. I grow outside!!!! The lights add more than enough heat most of the time.
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-10-19), Naz007 (10-10-19), WF420 (01-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

I use a 12L dehumidifier in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.8 and like jumper, it does the job. If i were you id be looking for a 20L or bigger with continuous drain

Once youve got the dehumidifier you wont need to run your extraction full pelt either which will help to lower the rh further and might help keep abit more heat too

Reckon youll need a heater in there though mate and id say itll be a lot easier to heat the tent rather than the full loft! Plus if your lofts nice and toasty you 100% wont be getting snow on your roof

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (01-10-19), GEORGE (01-10-19), Jumper114 (01-10-19)

Thanks

Thank you. Light on the heat is 26 or below and at the mo lights off it isn’t dropping below 18 but I am fully aware that I will need to sort some heating out soon

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ouncebasher For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (01-10-19), GEORGE (01-10-19), Jumper114 (01-10-19)