Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help with identifying problem with my autos?!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

Quote Originally Posted by grobar_e View Post
    But what do you think about mix of soil and coco? And me not using ec and ph numbers? Ok, i will leave it for two days to see if it gets better. it weird because one plant appear happier
    Personally I would not. Coco is 85% air. You could well be hitting problems as such. I know there are mixes out there - I prefer one or other.

Coco needs watering twice a day minimum! Soil.... you will kill your plants taking this approach.

As a soil grower you need neither EC or pH pen.

Plants are like people - all different. Let alone yours being young and even more fussy.

I suspect your problems are young roots hitting dry spots but equally I know the grand sum of nothing in soil. Just thinking laterally. Perlite and coco are great but I think your soil could be a little light and not maintaining water. Otherwise it is over watering! :-P

What to do ? Dunno! Transplanting autos (into all soil) is never a good idea (transplanting that is). See what others say. I would try and ride it out.
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (01-10-19), GEORGE (01-10-19), grobar_e (01-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper114 View Post
    Personally I would not. Coco is 85% air. You could well be hitting problems as such. I know there are mixes out there - I prefer one or other.

Coco needs watering twice a day minimum! Soil.... you will kill your plants taking this approach.

As a soil grower you need neither EC or pH pen.

Plants are like people - all different. Let alone yours being young and even more fussy.

I suspect your problems are young roots hitting dry spots but equally I know the grand sum of nothing in soil. Just thinking laterally. Perlite and coco are great but I think your soil could be a little light and not maintaining water. Otherwise it is over watering! :-P

What to do ? Dunno! Transplanting autos (into all soil) is never a good idea (transplanting that is). See what others say. I would try and ride it out.
    Apologies, a little rambling. Hope it makes some sense!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (01-10-19), GEORGE (01-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master Kief View Post
    I use to use the vipar spectra 300w when I first started out and it returned some pretty good results, so I'm sure you'll smash it with the 400w.

So according to an article I just read, coco coir does help water retention. Perlite will help with drainage also.

What ratios did you go with when mixing soil in coco? You can use upto 80% mix of coco, but you will need to flush often as coco will eventually have a salt buildup that needs be rid off.

If I'm being honest mate, without a ph or ec pen you're pissing in the wind, especially if you're using a high mix of coco

Everything seems in order otherwise, just keep an eye on darkening of the leaves as this can indicate nitrogen toxicity, but you have no yellowing of the tips so you're fine for now. Keep feed to a minimum until the plant tells you she wants more

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    I went aprox 2:2:1 soil perlite and coco. Thanks for advices I will keep feedign as minimum as possible. I feel like when the light is off, the leaves go down but once the light is on they go up after one hour. so it might be that they are just growing now rapidly which it is true.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grobar_e For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (01-10-19), GEORGE (01-10-19), Le chef (10-10-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2