Thread: The time old nitrogen issue! All help appreciated

Thanks

Default The time old nitrogen issue! All help appreciated

Hi guys,

I have something young plants that are around 2 weeks old (since they got potted in the cube)

Have a video attached I appreciate it’s not not the best video but if anyone’s can help me with the video that iv got until I can get a better it would be much appreciated.

Using vitalink A+B. Used to use the vitalink when it was separate feeds and oreffered it much more back then. Cannot seem to get on with the A+B no matter how I try. Had nitrogen issues on last grow but was a lot later into the grow and I put something of it down to it being a room that was new to me and it was a dry environment so I assumed they were using the water to stay moist then making the soil too rich but this is a different place and it’s not dry in the slightest it’s around 60%.

They are currently on 2ml per litre of A+B and 2ml per litre of vitalink fulvic. Although the feed they hd before which is when I’m guessing the issues started was slightly lower A+B and the fulvic stays the same throughout. I have attached a video if anyone has any advice thank you in advance.

The video won’t attach on my phone so I will post this thread then add the video on another post on this thread.

can anyone advise me which format to put this video on to put it on the thread it is currently MP4
    Last edited by rigos; 01-10-19 at 12:55 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rigos For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-10-19), GEORGE (01-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

Quote Originally Posted by rigos View Post
    Hi guys,

I have something young plants that are around 2 weeks old (since they got potted in the cube)

Have a video attached I appreciate it’s not not the best video but if anyone’s can help me with the video that iv got until I can get a better it would be much appreciated.

Using vitalink A+B. Used to use the vitalink when it was separate feeds and oreffered it much more back then. Cannot seem to get on with the A+B no matter how I try. Had nitrogen issues on last grow but was a lot later into the grow and I put something of it down to it being a room that was new to me and it was a dry environment so I assumed they were using the water to stay moist then making the soil too rich but this is a different place and it’s not dry in the slightest it’s around 60%.

They are currently on 2ml per litre of A+B and 2ml per litre of vitalink fulvic. Although the feed they hd before which is when I’m guessing the issues started was slightly lower A+B and the fulvic stays the same throughout. I have attached a video if anyone has any advice thank you in advance.

The video won’t attach on my phone so I will post this thread then add the video on another post on this thread.

can anyone advise me which format to put this video on to put it on the thread it is currently MP4
    Ok ... so you must be a coco grower.

You have an EC pen and pH pen?

What is your background EC and feed strength?

I think you are feeding way too much ....

I use 2ml per 5 lt in full swing - let alone young plants.

I have a girl, day 18, on 0.3EC ....1ml per 5lt!!!!!

Just to give you an idea!

PH should always be 5.8. Always ;-)

Are you mixing anything else? Order is important!

HTH

If not ask away bro :-)

Edit : never follow bottle instructions. Start at 1/4!!
    Last edited by Jumper114; 01-10-19 at 01:38 PM.
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-10-19), GEORGE (01-10-19)

Thanks

Hi Jumper,

Thanks for your response.

I do not use a pen or test PH which i know sounds bad but i have done many grows in the same area and normally just leaving the water to settle from the day before has done the trick.

The bottle says 1/2ml for young and 3/4ml for mature but i noticed some yellowing leaves at the bottom so i upped it then it went straight to how you will see in the video if i ever get it converted and uploaded. Do you know which format it needs to be in to upload?

I will go and invest in the EC and PH pen today in the next hour could you give me the full low down on what the ideals are so i know what i am doing with them or i may end up trying to write a letter with it haha!

Thanks Jumper

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rigos For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-10-19)

Thanks

Jumper,

Just want to thank you for your post and you know I mean that because it’s half 6 in the morning United Kingdom and iv come on here to write this before I forget to.

I woke up this morning having never checked ec or oh and had good results with the old seperate foods and had nothing but bad results since the nutes I used changed to a n b. And from your post I have been out bought the equip gone to the spot and checked the run off. And the results quite frankly annoyed me. My cuts were on the lowest recommended dosage for the very youngest of plants say week one out of prop.

And the ec was 2.4 after like 2 feeds of the minimum dosage, am I missing something here? Because that too me, and again I apologised in advance if I have interpreted the concept of ec wrong and and so may have been contributing to the issue. But if that is down the food alone then there recommendation on the bottle Is literally miles out and would be essentially to get you to spend more money because they would quite clearly know that they are a mile out

So they are all now PH 5.8 with a run off ec of 1.2 and im very excited to see how well I can do when iv had great results when iv been so ignorant to basic needs

So thank you a lot

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rigos For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-10-19), Jumper114 (02-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

Quote Originally Posted by rigos View Post
    Jumper,

Just want to thank you for your post and you know I mean that because it’s half 6 in the morning United Kingdom and iv come on here to write this before I forget to.

I woke up this morning having never checked ec or oh and had good results with the old seperate foods and had nothing but bad results since the nutes I used changed to a n b. And from your post I have been out bought the equip gone to the spot and checked the run off. And the results quite frankly annoyed me. My cuts were on the lowest recommended dosage for the very youngest of plants say week one out of prop.

And the ec was 2.4 after like 2 feeds of the minimum dosage, am I missing something here? Because that too me, and again I apologised in advance if I have interpreted the concept of ec wrong and and so may have been contributing to the issue. But if that is down the food alone then there recommendation on the bottle Is literally miles out and would be essentially to get you to spend more money because they would quite clearly know that they are a mile out

So they are all now PH 5.8 with a run off ec of 1.2 and im very excited to see how well I can do when iv had great results when iv been so ignorant to basic needs

So thank you a lot
    Good news, you are now armed to make the right move :-)

Firstly what is the EC of your water with no nutes in it?

Secondly, can you take a photo with lights off and flash? I have never tried uploading a video.

It sounds very much like your feed is too high. 2.4 is a very hot mix. I never get above 0.7. That is in full flower!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

If you upload your video to Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion (& a few others that are mentioned when you click the video tab), then you just have to add the URL in the splash box
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-10-19), IceCalibur (02-10-19), Jumper114 (02-10-19)

Thanks

Hi M C,

Thanks for the reply. There’s not much point me uploading it now I wasn’t pretty sure it was a too strong nute issue I just didn’t need know why because I was going off the bottle but now I know why I can sort it.

Thanks again

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rigos For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19), M_C (03-10-19)

Thanks

Thread can be closed now if that’s the procedure.

Thanks everybody

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rigos For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19), Jumper114 (03-10-19)