Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Indica v. Sativa

Thanks

Default Indica v. Sativa

Hey all !

We all know the drill:

Indica: Fat and shorter leaves
    Sativa: Thin and long leaves.

However - here's a side by side picture of a 5 point indica dominant hybrid (OG Kush) and a 100% Sativa (Nute burnt Durban Poison).
    The OG has been grown with sunlight mostly and the DP under LED lights. The image shows otherwise - the sativa being thicker. Is this because of the light settings?
    Do LEDs (and most importantly 18/6 hour cycle) grow thicker leaves?

First time growing a Sativa and it's bugging me how nice and thick the leaves have grown. (unlike the indica). I've run into some issues with her now, but thats not for this thread, so ignore the burn.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0298.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	205.4 KB 
ID:	376009

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommyangelo69 For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (02-10-19), GEORGE (02-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,472 Times

Just genetics no one plant is ever the same... I've had amnesias veg like a pure indica till flower.. Indica leaves look awesome too lol..

Sent from my 8050D using Tapatalk

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kencancook For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (02-10-19), GEORGE (02-10-19), Le chef (03-10-19), tommyangelo69 (02-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,186 Times

Quote Originally Posted by tommyangelo69 View Post
    Hey all !

We all know the drill:

Indica: Fat and shorter leaves
    Sativa: Thin and long leaves.

However - here's a side by side picture of a 5 point indica dominant hybrid (OG Kush) and a 100% Sativa (Nute burnt Durban Poison).
    The OG has been grown with sunlight mostly and the DP under LED lights. The image shows otherwise - the sativa being thicker. Is this because of the light settings?
    Do LEDs (and most importantly 18/6 hour cycle) grow thicker leaves?

First time growing a Sativa and it's bugging me how nice and thick the leaves have grown. (unlike the indica). I've run into some issues with her now, but thats not for this thread, so ignore the burn.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0298.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	205.4 KB 
ID:	376009
    It dosnt make a difference mate, its genetics. Indicas will always be fatter and shorter like your stated and same as sativas will be tall and thin, unless you have a hybrid which is a mix of both.

Ultimately, any plants grown in the perfect environment will produce better results than those which are not. Lighting is the big key here also, depending on where you are and/or what watt your lights return.

I prefer growing sativas as they're alot more forgiving to me, I had some right issues with indicas many times lol. Both types need different requirements for growth.

Hope this helps Nice going on the og kush, check out my old diary if you want to see the outcome of the kush compared to indicas

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-10-19), tommyangelo69 (02-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master Kief View Post
    It dosnt make a difference mate, its genetics. Indicas will always be fatter and shorter like your stated and same as sativas will be tall and thin, unless you have a hybrid which is a mix of both.

Ultimately, any plants grown in the perfect environment will produce better results than those which are not. Lighting is the big key here also, depending on where you are and/or what watt your lights return.

I prefer growing sativas as they're alot more forgiving to me, I had some right issues with indicas many times lol. Both types need different requirements for growth.

Hope this helps Nice going on the og kush, check out my old diary if you want to see the outcome of the kush compared to indicas

Well, the Kush having a bit of sativa genetics in it - that explains the skinnier leaves, but a 100% sativa having such a bushy structure and such a fat little leaf, it's really interesting. I've had no issues with indicas so far. This is my first ever Sativa (the durban poison) and would you look at that, she's extremely unhappy.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommyangelo69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,954 Times

Just a quick question why is the stem purple on 1? Just curious because mine are same?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Harry1990 For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (02-10-19), gardro (02-10-19), GEORGE (02-10-19), tommyangelo69 (02-10-19)

Thanks

Well, the Kush having a bit of sativa genetics in it - that explains the skinnier leaves, but a 100% sativa having such a bushy structure and such a fat little leaf, it's really interesting. I've had no issues with indicas so far. This is my first ever Sativa (the durban poison) and would you look at that, she's extremely unhappy.
    The indica is looking quite dark mate. Too much nitrogen maybe?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1990 View Post
    Just a quick question why is the stem purple on 1? Just curious because mine are same?
    I believe this has something todo with light intensity, it can turn stems purple. Someone on here told me that a few weeks back as I brought an invisible sun kit

Too much light possibly

Last edited by Dr Green; 02-10-19 at 06:56 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master Kief View Post
    The indica is looking quite dark mate. Too much nitrogen maybe?

Good eyes! She gets dark all the time I feed her for a day or 2, then gets back to normal. No signs of burn or claws though. She's in week 6 or so.

I checked your OG Kush journal. I can't believe she got purple! Very nice grow. Mine's from Dinafem, great firm.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommyangelo69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1990 View Post
    I thought it's completely normal, some of my plants had it, some didn't - no disease or anything whatsoever. I've read somewhere that those leaves that have red stems are leaves that use up most of the nutrients and store them there etc. No clue if it's true? I didn't bother picking them off except these because they looked bad AF.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommyangelo69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Good eyes! She gets dark all the time I feed her for a day or 2, then gets back to normal. No signs of burn or claws though. She's in week 6 or so.

I checked your OG Kush journal. I can't believe she got purple! Very nice grow. Mine's from Dinafem, great firm.
    Yeah man, a lovely purple colour hahaha, one of the best smoked ive had in my life

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-10-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast