Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Smell question

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    990
    Thanks
    3,204
    Thanked 3,642 Times in 951 Posts
    Provided Answers: 4

    Default Answered: Smell question

    I dont know if it is just me or if it is because this is the most pungent plant Ive grown,(but have noticed this on other grows as well,) but has anyone noticed that a plant/plants can smell stronger at different times of the day? Or even it can smell way stronger one day than others? Just curious if there is some 'scientific' reason for this?

  2. "When you think they don't smell, bring A fresh nose in the house, and you will see that they do. lol"


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (03-10-19)

  4. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,064
    Thanks
    352,559
    Thanked 33,166 Times in 9,162 Posts
    Provided Answers: 73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    I dont know if it is just me or if it is because this is the most pungent plant Ive grown,(but have noticed this on other grows as well,) but has anyone noticed that a plant/plants can smell stronger at different times of the day? Or even it can smell way stronger one day than others? Just curious if there is some 'scientific' reason for this?
    The first smell you get from it is more than likely going to be A strong smell, after that you want smell it again sometimes until the next day or so. JMO

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to hotshot For This Useful Post:

    Kurdt (03-10-19)

  6. #3

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    330
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 323 Posts
    Provided Answers: 4

    Default

    I notice it almost half hour after watering too gets really strong.. And cirten strains seem to smell on certain days..

    Sent from my 8050D using Tapatalk

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kencancook For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (03-10-19), Kurdt (03-10-19)

  8. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,317
    Thanks
    9,386
    Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Provided Answers: 3

    Default

    I'm growing 3 NL autos and they are the most stinkiest plants I've grown supposedly to be in the top 5 of least smelling and when I check on them in the morning it stinks then when I get in from work 10 hours later I open the cupboard and no smell at all.. Strange plants
    With the Fastbuds strains I've grown I could easily grow them without a carbon filter just a slight fruity or varnish smell to them when In full flower but after 4 weeks in a jar "bang" the flavours come flying out
    Atb

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (03-10-19), kencancook (03-10-19), Kurdt (03-10-19)

  10. #5

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    330
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 323 Posts
    Provided Answers: 4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I'm growing 3 NL autos and they are the most stinkiest plants I've grown supposedly to be in the top 5 of least smelling and when I check on them in the morning it stinks then when I get in from work 10 hours later I open the cupboard and no smell at all.. Strange plants
    With the Fastbuds strains I've grown I could easily grow them without a carbon filter just a slight fruity or varnish smell to them when In full flower but after 4 weeks in a jar "bang" the flavours come flying out
    Atb
    My stinkiest upto now not grown many but both autos were critical and blackberry gum stinky mofos I had a skunk ryder outdoors that stunk the whole garden out to.. So out of this three now I'd say the bbg the smelliest so far..

    Sent from my 8050D using Tapatalk

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kencancook For This Useful Post:

    Greengrass (03-10-19), hotshot (03-10-19), Kurdt (03-10-19)

  12. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,064
    Thanks
    352,559
    Thanked 33,166 Times in 9,162 Posts
    Provided Answers: 73

    Talking

    When you think they don't smell, bring A fresh nose in the house, and you will see that they do. lol

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hotshot For This Useful Post:

    gardro (09-10-19), Greengrass (03-10-19), IceCalibur (03-10-19), Kurdt (03-10-19), M_C (03-10-19)

  14. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 654 Times in 206 Posts

    Default

    Can they start getting a whiff about them at 12/13 days old? Sure one of mine smells when I sniff the top of it. Might be wishful thinking.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    gardro (09-10-19), hotshot (09-10-19), Kurdt (09-10-19)

  16. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,473
    Thanks
    19,506
    Thanked 28,099 Times in 7,132 Posts
    Provided Answers: 24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Can they start getting a whiff about them at 12/13 days old? Sure one of mine smells when I sniff the top of it. Might be wishful thinking.
    Some do yes.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (09-10-19), Kurdt (09-10-19), MrCannab1sir (09-10-19)

  18. #9

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    330
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 323 Posts
    Provided Answers: 4

    Default

    indicas they stink in veg too

    Sent from my 8050D using Tapatalk

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kencancook For This Useful Post:

    gardro (09-10-19), hotshot (09-10-19), Kurdt (09-10-19), MrCannab1sir (09-10-19)

  20. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    201
    Thanked 805 Times in 286 Posts
    Provided Answers: 7

    Default

    Mate

    It’s all to do with humidity and the quality of your carbon

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (09-10-19)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Bonza Seeds - Over 2000 Strains!     |     bongs - herbtools     |     25% off Cannabis Seeds at Dr Chronic     |     buy a bong from Herb Tools     |     GYO Seedbank     |     www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK